Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga vs. The Osbournes

MichaelSimpson7

Featured Posts

at the heart of it all, is there really anything wrong with someone asking gaga to tell her fans to cool it? i don't think so. many of us on this forum have hoped she would too - many people who are critical of people who aren't gaga. does it make them hypocritical? maybe! does hypocrisy mean gaga shouldn't say something? i don't think so. especially if it would do some good. especially because they do hang on her every word. i don't see a good enough reason against it. no, it isn't her place to coddle her fans, but don't pretend she doesn't do that already.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marrytheknight2012

• misanthrope

• TheProfessor

• Americano

marrytheknight2012

And though it may not look like bullying to YOU. Place yourself in the celebrities spot. It's different when it's directed at you.

Ok, I have put myself in that place. Im a drag queen, i do get judged ALOT by other drag queens and random people. When people say I'm getting fat or I wear too much blush, I dont give a ****. Now if someone constantly harassed me tahts different, I would take care of it.

I love how Sharon is like "Its' the world we live in". Thats disgusting, she's justifying her daughter are all the others on the show to rate others based on appearance, instead of it being "the wold we live in" why doesn't see try to change that like GaGa is instead of just going with it.

lol sorry idk why that made me laugh, I really am. I should be called the rottweiler or whatever, i dont let go

If you are gay then I guess calling you a--l fits...lol...

Depends on your point of view, bullying is a term which has been sensationalized and really waterd down. What Kelly does on TV isnt bullying, its being a b---h sort of but not BULLYING.

Its weird that some people are defending Kelly by saying shes a comedian. Are comedians immune from being able to bully? Its okay to say what they say as long as they classify it as comedy?

What they do on that show is bullying.

Sharon has no idea what she's talking about. Gaga made the letter public to express her disapproval of her fan's actions. She posted it on a website for her fans in hopes that they will learn a lesson from this. Sharon calls Gaga attention-seeking for making her view on the situation public, yet she posts her own open letter on Facebook for the world to see. How hypocritical.

The purpose of the letter was to show that the irreverent remarks being sent to Kelly by some idiotic fans is something far beyond her control. She's just pointing out that she's an obvious advocate for acceptance and those immature insults and threats were not a result of the message she's sending. The fact that Sharon thinks a tweet from Gaga would be enough to instantly stop countless individuals from acting childish and hateful shows just how delusional and naive she's being. Gaga can't just snap her fingers and turn millions of young people into respectful, passive human beings.. be realistic. That's why Gaga states that she is constantly working to create a more compassionate and accepting world, which isn't exactly an easy thing to do. Not once in the letter does Gaga defend the attacks, she actually condemns those fans by expressing her hope that they learn to be more compassionate and grow as a result of this. She made it very clear that the irrational behavior of some temper-mental fans with a twitter account and too much time on their hands is something she can't just stop. Just because they are fans of Gaga doesn't mean they're going to react as rationally and mature as Gaga herself would. Gaga gives her fans the opportunity to share the feeling of freedom that she possesses by living a life of compassion, it's up to the individual to take advantage of that opportunity and better the world around them in doing so.

I'm surprised how many people think it was unnecessary for Gaga to bring up Kelly's involvement with Fashion Police. It's the perfect example of how hypocritical and delusional Kelly and Sharon really are. Kelly's attacking Gaga for not being able to stop all 32 million of her followers from being bullies, yet Kelly HERSELF participates in the same hateful, judgmental, and immature behavior on NATIONAL TELEVISION. What kind of person would think that it's OK to encourage a nasty, critical attitude based on appearance to thousands of viewers but whine and play the victim when it happens to them? Gaga called Kelly out because she, being a victim of intense bullying, is promoting a hateful and superficial way of thinking. She should be using her success in a productive way by teaching young people you can rise above the negativity, without having to participate in it. It sickens me that Sharon defends Fashion Police by saying critique and superficial judgement are just a part of "the real world." So.. instead of trying to change the shallow, cynical nature of the entertainment industry, she defends a show that encourages that kind of mean-spirited critique? Gaga's trying to change the stupid standards that are so prevalent in the media and shows like Fashion Show are keeping those ridiculous standards alive.

It's just that Kelly has no right what-so-ever to condemn Gaga or play the victim because she earns a living by bullying people on national television. Period.

Yeah, you go tell her homeboy! :tea:

misanthrope

You must be my nice twin, because you've said alot of the stuff I say but in a nice way. I even said that about smileys earlier but I called someone a name instead of saying passive agressive.

You and Joe Matthews are not the same. You're criticisms, while I don't entirely agree with them, are based on logic and objectivity moreso than his.

Edited by misanthrope

Ok, I have put myself in that place. Im a drag queen, i do get judged ALOT by other drag queens and random people. When people say I'm getting fat or I wear too much blush, I dont give a ****. Now if someone constantly harassed me tahts different, I would take care of it.

Are you sharon needles? :huh:
We're all Stronger Together!

Joe Matthews

You do seem to be perpetuating the notion that this fanbase is indeed the worst fanbase.

Except I don't. The "hardcore stans" who made those death threats should be the ones reconsidering their actions and their stance on everything concerning Gaga.

I do apologize for the smileys, I did not mean them in a snarky way. I'm honestly trying to convey that I'm not mad or trying to be mean. Maybe a :hug: would be better. If you know me well, you know that I overuse smileys a LOT. :)

In that case, my apologies. I'm sorry for misinterpreting them as passive aggressiveness :sweat:

You and Joe Matthews are not the same. You're criticisms, while I don't entirely agree with them, are based on logic and objectivity moreso than his.

Well aren't you a spoilsport.

marrytheknight2012

If you are gay then I guess calling you a--l fits...lol...

Its weird that some people are defending Kelly by saying shes a comedian. Are comedians immune from being able to bully? Its okay to say what they say as long as they classify it as comedy?

What they do on that show is bullying.

I disagree. Thats teasing or taunting at most. Not bullying. Say I walk into the mall and someone screams *******...does it bother me, no. That is not bullying, thats just being foul. But if I go to work (if I wasnt a hotdog heiress and had to work) and everyday the person in the booth beside of me or cubicle calls me names and threatens me...thats bullying. There is a difference. lets not turn champagne into hot dog water.

misanthrope

at the heart of it all, is there really anything wrong with someone asking gaga to tell her fans to cool it? i don't think so. many of us on this forum have hoped she would too - many people who are critical of people who aren't gaga. does it make them hypocritical? maybe! does hypocrisy mean gaga shouldn't say something? i don't think so. especially if it would do some good. especially because they do hang on her every word. i don't see a good enough reason against it. no, it isn't her place to coddle her fans, but don't pretend she doesn't do that already.

I don't think any logical person here is truly arguing against everything you've proposed in this statement.

At the heart of it all, is there really anything wrong with what Gaga said in response to Kelly?

I do admit I personally wouldn't have said some of the things Gaga said, but only because I know that Gaga is asking for something Kelly can't deliver, even if Kelly should, so Kelly would forced to launch a personal attack in response. I predicted Kelly's response before it happened, although I didn't know it would come from Sharon. But still, the things Gaga said were fine, and I support them.

marrytheknight2012

Well, IDK I assumed I was just mean since IM THE ONE that got a warning point