• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marrytheknight2012

• misanthrope

• TheProfessor

• Americano

misanthrope

Apart from the generalization, was she wrong? :shrug: Is it not justified to call someone "out of hand" or "vile" after they've sent you death threats and telling you they hope you get raped and die?

No ones denying that thats wrong though. You're argument is so porous. You obviously just want to find fault in Gaga here. Thats what this boils down to

Edited by misanthrope

Apart from the generalization, was she wrong? :shrug:

That's like saying "apart from the insult, was it insulting?"

The generalization is the key fault of what she said.

"Christians should take responsibility for the actions of Reverend Phelps".

Apart from the generalization, how is that statement wrong? :)

Its a bullying issue, she should have wrote that letter with Born This Way 'Foundation' letterhead to the fans and not to a celebrity who was bullied by her fans. She shouldnt insult people while using her platform on that foundation. Being hypocritical with a foundation is a sure fire way to not get donations and likely get your non profit status revoked.

She didnt insult Kelly, but whatever...I see you are pretty a--l about this.

marrytheknight2012

But what you are doing is only giving Kelly the benefit of the doubt and not Gaga. Do you see? You're vehemently criticizing little aspects of Gagas response and how she responded yet Kellys statement is just "she doesnt have time to be specific; everyone knows she doesnt mean that".

I get what you're saying but at the same time I think your argument is also flawed.

I mean, I see that, I guess. I just get in trouble for generalizing alot myself when I actually don't do. I dont think any one group of people is stupid or pathetic or bad. I dont even think all purported terrorists are bad, I met some lovely people from Hamas (im not being facetious...)and I think there is good or bad in everyone. I mean I had a two hour conversation with a member of Hamas or Hezbollah? one or the other whose brother was a suicide bomber...Im a gay American and this palestinian terrorist and I had a more civilized conversation than what is going on here over some rich b---hes.

misanthrope

I guess our opinions vary on that subject. But isn't that what makes the world an interesting place? People are all different and the only way you can achieve some sort of insight is by not only respecting but also understanding other people's point of view. I do understand yours and I respect it, but I have to acknowledge the fact that it differs from mine.

Can I get the quote for that massively slanderous comment please? I'm wondering what could possibly be more horrible to say about a fanbase than a personal death threat.

"Little monsters are the worst fanbase" That is a major over generalization that was meant whole-heartedly. That was slanderous. Thats lumping as all as hateful "hope you have aids" phrase spewing ignorants.

TheProfessor

Its a bullying issue, she should have wrote that letter with Born This Way 'Foundation' letterhead to the fans and not to a celebrity who was bullied by her fans. She shouldnt insult people while using her platform on that foundation. Being hypocritical with a foundation is a sure fire way to not get donations and likely get your non profit status revoked.

but kelly is a bullie too, she does that in a regular basis though :omg:

marrytheknight2012

She didnt insult Kelly, but whatever...I see you are pretty a--l about this.

:dead: :dead: :dead:

lol sorry idk why that made me laugh, I really am. I should be called the rottweiler or whatever, i dont let go

misanthrope

I mean, I see that, I guess. I just get in trouble for generalizing alot myself when I actually don't do. I dont think any one group of people is stupid or pathetic or bad. I dont even think all purported terrorists are bad, I met some lovely people from Hamas (im not being facetious...)and I think there is good or bad in everyone. I mean I had a two hour conversation with a member of Hamas or Hezbollah? one or the other whose brother was a suicide bomber...Im a gay American and this palestinian terrorist and I had a more civilized conversation than what is going on here over some rich b---hes.

I try not to generalize either.

But as for the bolded statement, you were strongly provoking argument with a good lot of your initial posts in this thread. Lets be real...

That's like saying "apart from the insult, was it insulting?"

The generalization is the key fault of what she said.

"Christians should take responsibility for the actions of Reverend Phelps".

Apart from the generalization, how is that statement wrong? :)

THIS is logic.

But I believe Kelly was being hypocritical by complaining about "fans" bullying her...which by the way the bullying began with Kelly calling Gaga pregnant :hor:, and then kelly continues to bully people on her show. I mean lets call a cow a cow...talk about hypocrites. Gaga address' her fans all the time and tells us to not bully others. She doesn't have control over what a minority of fans do. Fans do those things. ALL FANDOMS. Kelly needs to just grow up, and learn that with fame comes haters. Always has...always will. It's just a reality. And Gaga doesn't need to play babysitter. She's too busy for that scheibe.
We're all Stronger Together!

marrytheknight2012

but kelly is a bullie too, she does that in a regular basis though :omg:

its not Gaga's job to police comedic people on television, tahts not the goal of her ****ing foundation. she needs to start at home before she tries to get haughty on people for doing the same **** her fans do even after she preaches to them daily about being good people otherwise nobody is going to give a **** what she says bc it obivously doesnt work [in all cases]

Joe Matthews

No ones denying that thats wrong though. You're argument is so porous. You obviously just want to find fault in Gaga here. Thats what this boils down to

It's certainly better than pretending she's not at fault at all. :shrug: Not that that's what you're doing, but it's certainly a common trait among a lot of the hardcore members of this fanbase.

misanthrope

It's certainly better than pretending she's not at fault at all. :shrug: Not that that's what you're doing, but it's certainly a common trait among a lot of the hardcore members of this fanbase.

Its a common trait among hardcore members of every fanbase. Yet another generalization you're making about this fanbase :coffee:

Edited by misanthrope

3. Sharon doesnt support wearing fur, but her husband bites the head off of animals on a regular basis.

pretty sure he doesn't? he used to bite the head off toy bats, but then a fan threw a live one on stage unbeknownst to him. when he realised he had to be rushed to the hospital to make sure he didn't catch rabies or anything.

marrytheknight2012

I try not to generalize either.

But as for the bolded statement, you were strongly provoking argument with a good lot of your initial posts in this thread. Lets be real...

THIS is logic.

I wasn't joking...I had a great conversation with that person, his brother died fighting for what he believed in, although I consider that crazy...we really didnt argue, he didnt generalize Americans...it was odd but still.