MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
science

HIV vaccine shows promising results

gabeoz

Featured Posts

I haven’t seen this posted yet, and this is really exciting! Early trials for a HIV vaccine shows the body producing antibodies against HIV :party:

“An experimental HIV vaccine has been found to induce broadly neutralizing antibody precursors among a small group of volunteers in a Phase 1 study. The findings suggest that a two-dose regimen of the vaccine, given eight weeks apart, can elicit immune responses against the human immunodeficiency virus.

The clinical trial results, published Thursday on World AIDS Day in the journal Science, establish "clinical proof of concept" in support of developing boosting regimens to induce immune responses against HIV infection, for which there is no cure and which can cause acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, known as AIDS…

The vaccine, called eOD-GT8 60mer, had a "favorable safety profile" and induced broadly neutralizing antibody precursors in 97%, or all but one, of the 36 recipients, according to the researchers from Scripps Research, the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, the National Institutes of Health and other institutions in the United States and Sweden.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/12/01/health/hiv-vaccine-phase-1-study/index.html

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 14
  • Shook 3
  • Thanks 1
Just now, pachinko said:

This is amazing! What company is producing it?

It’s called IAVI, never heard of it before

StarstruckIllusion

Very promising to hear! Also, this post reminded me to take my prep lmao ty

19 minutes ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

Here we go again!!!!  SMH  🙄🙄😒😒

SMH? This is promising, so STFU I would say :kiss:

Edited by AYURO
  • Like 1
alsemanche
13 minutes ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

Here we go again!!!!  SMH  🙄🙄😒😒

?

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

My alarm to take it is literally about to go off in 11 minutes :laughga:

35 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

7 minutes ago, Emvee said:

My alarm to take it is literally about to go off in 11 minutes :laughga:

I am astouned at how can you lmao at a post like this, but happy for you, I guess :vegas:

Edited by AYURO
ProfessionalClown
2 hours ago, gabeoz said:

I haven’t seen this posted yet, and this is really exciting! Early trials for a HIV vaccine shows the body producing antibodies against HIV :party:

“An experimental HIV vaccine has been found to induce broadly neutralizing antibody precursors among a small group of volunteers in a Phase 1 study. The findings suggest that a two-dose regimen of the vaccine, given eight weeks apart, can elicit immune responses against the human immunodeficiency virus.

The clinical trial results, published Thursday on World AIDS Day in the journal Science, establish "clinical proof of concept" in support of developing boosting regimens to induce immune responses against HIV infection, for which there is no cure and which can cause acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, known as AIDS…

The vaccine, called eOD-GT8 60mer, had a "favorable safety profile" and induced broadly neutralizing antibody precursors in 97%, or all but one, of the 36 recipients, according to the researchers from Scripps Research, the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, the National Institutes of Health and other institutions in the United States and Sweden.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/12/01/health/hiv-vaccine-phase-1-study/index.html

Dude this is HUGE

En_Sabah_Nur
1 hour ago, AYURO said:

SMH? This is promising, so STFU I would say :kiss:

Before you come for me you Stupid F*CK!  I have seen 4 or 5 of these trials (for an HIV vaccine) occur over the past 2 decades & EACH & EVERY TIME something doesn’t pan out, or something goes wrong. Then the trials get shut down!  Dodging the hopes of everyone following the progress each and every time. So that’s why I said what I said. :koons:

Egypt. W
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, AYURO said:

I am astouned at how can you lmao at a post like this, but happy for you, I guess :vegas:

Um… were you offended by two people talking about taking their prep pill? :toofunny:

• LMAO 4
En_Sabah_Nur
2 hours ago, alsemanche said:

?

I have seen 4 or 5 of these trials (for an HIV vaccine) occur over the past 2 decades & EACH & EVERY TIME something doesn’t pan out, or something goes wrong. Then the trials get shut down!  Dodging the hopes of everyone following the progress each and every time. So that’s why I said what I originally said. 

Egypt. W
6 hours ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

Before you come for me you Stupid F*CK!  I have seen 4 or 5 of these trials (for an HIV vaccine) occur over the past 2 decades & EACH & EVERY TIME something doesn’t pan out, or something goes wrong. Then the trials get shut down!  Dodging the hopes of everyone following the progress each and every time. So that’s why I said what I said. :koons:

AGREE!!!

These trails come along every once in a while but I will believe it when I see it result in positive results in a large patient group and posted in a renowned medical journal. 

• Thanks 1
gypsy Hero
1 hour ago, Bat said:

AGREE!!!

These trails come along every once in a while but I will believe it when I see it result in positive results in a large patient group and posted in a renowned medical journal. 

Samesies :kiss:

• Like 1