• Created
  • Last Reply
BUtterfield 8
3 minutes ago, Meat said:

The last key change I remember was the one in Perfect Illusion 

Funny you say this cause this Reddit comment I found nnn :billie:

E5982-E79-9764-46-BF-8148-D23-E6-CBD578-

tomsches

For me that’s a good thing because I think key changes sound sooo cheesy/kitschy 

Original Diva
36 minutes ago, tomsches said:

For me that’s a good thing because I think key changes sound sooo cheesy/kitschy 

Really? I actually love them when used correctly. I guess sometimes they can be unnecessary and a bit cheesy, but sometimes it can also be just what a song needs to switch it up a little. I love the Perfect Illusion one. I also loved the key change in History Of Touches by Emma Blackery and also Shadowplay by Emma Blackery. To me, they are great examples of a good key change 

I think it's a shame we don't really see many anymore, but perhaps they just don't make sense and don't fit into the modern era of really short songs.

excuse me no

SimonBaetens

I think it’s part of everything being short and snappy and easily digestible. Music, tv shows, TikTok, … No friction means more income.

Guillaume Hamon
1 hour ago, Meat said:

The last key change I remember was the one in Perfect Illusion 

Lizzo makes one in her recent "to be loved" but aside that... Yeah I only remember PI one from 2016...

Future Lovers
18 minutes ago, Levine said:

Pop songs doesn't have a soul anymore.

*Radio pop songs.

There are plenty of soulful, impactful, powerful pop songs out there you just won’t hear them on them on the radio. Music’s never been more interesting than it is now, it’s just the easily digestible stuff is what gets on TikTok and the radio. Not to say there aren’t mainstream artists doing amazing work with meaningful music, there are. But the independent scene is so alive and vibrant right now, you just have to go to it rather than it coming to you. 

Because now the new mainstream singers sings in off key or just scream/mumble something out of their mouth.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Key changes are more prominently used by singers who can actually sing. Hence, it being much more popular pre 2000s. 

Meta Mart

Perfect illusion was actually that smash, and you little ones weren't ready 4 it.

By Century's End We Will Have Another Lady Gaga Album

Starmie25
2 hours ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Funny you say this cause this Reddit comment I found nnn :billie:

E5982-E79-9764-46-BF-8148-D23-E6-CBD578-

My heart... 💔

I liked "Perfect illusion" 

Archived