celeb

The Office Star Changes Name To Bring Attention To Climate Change

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

dwight-500x500.jpg

“The Office” star Rainn Wilson has changed his name to Rainnfall Heat Wave Extreme Winter Wilson to protest climate change.

The actor made the announcement via a Twitter video on Wednesday, timed to the United Nations climate change conference COP27 in Egypt this week.

Wilson, a board member of Arctic Basecamp, changed his name via a website called Arctic Risk Name Generator which encourages visitors to become an “Arctic name changer.”

Although Wilson said of his name change “This is not a joke,” it is unclear whether the actor and activist plans to officially change his name on government documents. Currently his Twitter and Instagram handles remain @RainnWilson. His full given name is Rainn Percival Dietrich Wilson.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/global/rainn-wilson-changes-name-climate-change-1235429015/

:poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LittleMonster20

I get why it’s important to bring awareness to climate change but I don’t think throwing soup on artworks, gluing yourself to tables and changing your name like this is the way to go about it. :saladga:

RahrahWitch
8 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

I get why it’s important to bring awareness to climate change but I don’t think throwing soup on artworks, gluing yourself to tables and changing your name like this is the way to go about it. :saladga:

I mean the artworks thing worked, It got a bunch of attention. I guess people are just desperate and tired of governments, corporations and politicians ignoring it or doing very little when they're pretty much the only ones that can have real impact.

monstrosity
18 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

Seemingly more than the COPs tho :bradley:

29 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

what do u suggest then? cus this is probably the most harmless way to make some noise and yet it's not good enough :saladga:

mother, what must i do?

Roronoa
31 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

At first I was against it. I’ve changed my mind now and I support what they’re doing (as long as the paintings aren’t harmed).

River

Call me..... Rivers Are Getting Dry, No rain No Gain, Save The Rivers Save the World Gold Moderator

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

M i K E Y

Not people defending throwing soup on artworks

yes it brings attention. Just like glueing yourself on the street brings attention but it pisses everyone off. Artworks can’t defend themselves and have NOTHING to do with politicians ignoring the climate change. The thought might be good but actions like these are dumb and ignorant. 

But about the actor changing his name: good for him. I kinda like the idea of including your statement in your name.

LittleMonster20
46 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

I mean the artworks thing worked, It got a bunch of attention. I guess people are just desperate and tired of governments, corporations and politicians ignoring it or doing very little when they're pretty much the only ones that can have real impact.

It’s not the actions itself it’s more the general response it seems to be getting, which happens to be largely negative and take away from the actual cause.

RahrahWitch
1 minute ago, LittleMonster20 said:

It’s not the actions itself it’s more the general response it seems to be getting, which happens to be largely negative and take away from the actual cause.

Yeah I get that. Even though I got the message that art will be valueless if we destroy the planet It still pissed me off to see art get disrespected like that. Then I think maybe they want people to be angry, maybe that's the whole point? To try convey to people who don't care just how angry it makes them to see the planet disrespected like that.

I completely agree that there's better ways and stuff like that can turn people against them but at the same time the whole food art thing got more headlines and conversations going than any recent protest, even a man burning himself alive on the steps of the capital got less attention. It's tricky cause it's a high pressure situation that so many people with the power to change things are happy to ignore so people lean towards stunts and disruption.

FfFfFfFF
42 minutes ago, M i K E Y said:

Not people defending throwing soup on artworks

yes it brings attention. Just like glueing yourself on the street brings attention but it pisses everyone off. Artworks can’t defend themselves and have NOTHING to do with politicians ignoring the climate change. The thought might be good but actions like these are dumb and ignorant. 

I like to think these people feel passionate enough to also throw soup at the headquarters of actual companies that harm the environment such as the ones in China where there is actual security and it doesn't feel like mere stunts or attention seeking. :selena:

Oriane

Attention isn't everything, you've got to get people actually interested in the cause and throwing soup isn't going to do that, if anything it will just piss them off.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

27monster27
1 hour ago, RahrahWitch said:

Yeah pretty much this. I think the artwork also showed desperation (in a good way) regarding how concerned people are about climate change.

he/him/his

Archived