other

Forbes' 2023 Grammy Predictions: Lady Gaga & Adele For Song Of The Year

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Those predictions seem pretty on the money. HMH is such a wild card option, though. It stands an almost dead cert chance in the specific movie categories but not on the big 5. And a win is up in the air. I thought she'd have it on lock but then realised I'd totally forgotten about We Don't Talk About Bruno. But I looked up the stats - a Disney son has won best original song 11 times since the award was introduced in 1988, which is crazy. The last one was in 2018. Is that too soon to win again? But similarly, Gaga won the award back to back in 2019 and 2020 (totally slipped my mind that INLA won as well) so the chances of her winning again so soon are slim. But Gaga's been winning Grammys we haven't expected in recent years, she tends to get nominated in more categories than we imagined and she hasn't been snubbed since 2014. She'll get nominated somewhere.

On 11/7/2022 at 7:42 PM, Orisexual said:

Not one of those songs excite me. I'm curious; why do you guys care so much about Grammy's? it seems like such a pointless , worthless award. Why do you care what payola record companies deem worth of shitty ornaments?

At the end of the day, correct or not, a lot of people put stock in them. The more you have, the increased credibility you have as an artist and are respected and taken seriously a whole lot more. There are many artists for whom their complete lack of awards results in them getting laughed at and acts as proof that they aren't good enough. And the show is a great promo tool and can let the public know of great albums that they never knew existed or remind them of an album that got overshadowed this year. After the ceremony, physical copies for sale in stores get stickers put on them that signify that this album just won a Grammy. I can't speak for how this affects sales but I do know that sales of the winning artists music always increases in the UK after the BRIT awards, partly helped by those sticker signifiers.

Archived