Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift occupies the entire Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Argentum

ha i dont get it.

I understand not all music is for everyone all the time. god knows i listen to music other people find unlistenable.

but I really cannot see what so unique about this album. I gave it a couple of listens

Spoiler

🗣UNIQUE!

again no hard feelings but can someone actually explain to me what makes it so different from all her other "slow" projects??

"Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Είσαι οφθαλμαπάτη. Η τέλεια οφθαλμαπάτη" - Λαίδη Γκάγκα, 2016

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
boiswifty

I don't understand why some of y'all break your brains trying to decipher why she's so successful when her music is 'mediocre'  :billie: Honestly, just move on with your life and let things that don't even personally affect you happen :bear: Y'all appear butthurt and ANGRY :bear: 

Her fans love her and they actually buy her music, simple af. Last but not least, the album is full of beautiful hymns :lana: 

This is totally unfair for artists who actually are releasing OFFICIAL singles. I get that Taylor is UBER FAMOUS and she is talented but having 10 non singles songs occupy OFFICIAL charts makes ZERO sense. To me this is not achievement people should be proud of. She is blocking other deserving artists who are hustling to get their singles heard by GP and here comes Taylor with a very masterful and exquisite strategy that leaves everyone out of the 10 who actually are promoting singles from their albums. 

I'd say good for her but I don't like how she manipulates and deceives. I don't know her personally but she comes across as a very insecure person who only feels good when she gets validation from the world. 

I guess not everyone can be like Gaga who cares more about the impact her art has on people rather than the numbers it generates. 

Taylor cares about Taylor and Gaga cares about music, art, integrity, etc. 

Sorry if any Taylor fan gets offended. 

22 hours ago, boiswifty said:

I don't understand why some of y'all break your brains trying to decipher why she's so successful when her music is 'mediocre'  :billie: Honestly, just move on with your life and let things that don't even personally affect you happen :bear: Y'all appear butthurt and ANGRY :bear: 

Her fans love her and they actually buy her music, simple af. Last but not least, the album is full of beautiful hymns :lana: 

Her music is mediocre. If her music was high quality it would never chart. Not to be high brow but when have you seen a classical piece go to number one, or a jazz song, or an alternative song go to number 1. 

Taylor can have all the number 1s she can get but that does not mean her music isn't mediocre. She is very smart because she washes down what other artist do to the point that is commercially successful. 

Her new album literally sounds like all the alt indie pop songs that never chart with the exception that those alt indie pop songs are masterpieces. 

boiswifty
6 hours ago, CrazyFad said:

Her music is mediocre. If her music was high quality it would never chart. Not to be high brow but when have you seen a classical piece go to number one, or a jazz song, or an alternative song go to number 1. 

Taylor can have all the number 1s she can get but that does not mean her music isn't mediocre. She is very smart because she washes down what other artist do to the point that is commercially successful. 

Her new album literally sounds like all the alt indie pop songs that never chart with the exception that those alt indie pop songs are masterpieces. 

but like, do we care? No. Do we want classical, jazz music from her? No. We’re happy with what she’s giving us. 

Her music is mediocre. That’s your personal opinion so congrats for having an opinion I guess..  for me Mastermind and Maroon are masterpieces. Have a nice day

Anderson123
On 11/2/2022 at 7:58 AM, Argentum said:

ha i dont get it.

I understand not all music is for everyone all the time. god knows i listen to music other people find unlistenable.

but I really cannot see what so unique about this album. I gave it a couple of listens

Hide contents

🗣UNIQUE!

again no hard feelings but can someone actually explain to me what makes it so different from all her other "slow" projects??

What is there to understand ? She has a huge loyal fanbase. The album was released through multiple platforms (CD, Vinyl, cassette, digital) at the same time and different versions of it. After Folklore, Evermore, Fearless TV and Red TV were released with all of their formats at different dates, they realized the demand for Taylor's stuff is still very strong so planning all formats to be out at the same time is a nice move to generate numbers, not to mention the variant LPs and CDs she released.

This is not about whether the album is SO GOOD that it sells a million copies during it's first week, it's the hype after everything she keeps doing.

I'm honestly in awe at how Taylor managed to get out of the hole that she was in during the Lover era. Seeing "The Man" music video not get that much views (it still has 72 million views btw) really kind of made me second-thought her longevity in the streaming era, not to mention her masters being taken away and all that.

But she didn't stop, released folklore and evermore in 2020, reintroduced a new generation to her older songs with Fearless TV and Red TV in 2021, and now basically Midnights doing this well was the fruit of her labor. She hustled and it paid off. Mad props to her. 

Hate her or love her, you can't deny she's a great businesswoman and knows how to market herself. Her music may not be the most artistic nor most sonically-unique music out there, but it's still great and easy to the ears. Congrats Taylor :vegas:

Archived