💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift occupies the entire Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

ALGAYDO
48 minutes ago, Stephen said:

The thing about Taylor is that her success is simply not impressive because she represents the most safe, palatable, boilerplate, white American-girl-next-door easy listening live-laugh-love hallmark card lyrics and inoffensive boring production seemingly on an endless AI-generated level of mediocrity.

When Gaga goes #1 it's a triumph of sheer artistic passion and a victory for LGBT+ people. Taylor going #1 is just another day in white America. 

This is why I roll my eyes whenever her fans try making her out to be the second-coming lol she’s literally McDonald’s. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P
53 minutes ago, Stephen said:

The thing about Taylor is that her success is simply not impressive because she represents the most safe, palatable, boilerplate, white American-girl-next-door easy listening live-laugh-love hallmark card lyrics and inoffensive boring production seemingly on an endless AI-generated level of mediocrity.

When Gaga goes #1 it's a triumph of sheer artistic passion and a victory for LGBT+ people. Taylor going #1 is just another day in white America. 

This just blatantly isn't true. Her music is safe, but that doesn't work for 90% of other artists who's music is arguably safer than her's. 

This is a massive feat, it's unbelievably impressive, and your opinion on her music doesn't detract from that. 

I agree, when Gaga goes number 1 it is a huge deal for that reason, but Gaga has never really played in the same field as artists like Taylor, they exist in different lanes, but that still doesn't take away from a massive accomplishment on the part of Taylor. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

SevenWonder

This proves it: Billboard singles stats are now meaningless. Tracking who has the most number ones, top 10 singles, etc is now a worthless venture. Which is fine. Change is a part of a life. No biggie. 

(And this is to say absolutely nothing negative about Taylor. Good for her. I'd say the exact same thing if Gaga did it.) 

If it was so easy to create “safe” music and have this level of success, it would have been done before. 

Just because she isn’t serving choreo or looks (constantly) or even danceable choruses, doesn’t make her any less an artist. 

She gives quality and depth in a relatively commercial package that hits every time. And not everyone has that :iamfair:

this isn't the result of just playing it safe, this is the result of playing it safe AND giving so much back to your fans that they go far and beyond to support you

she played the long game here and it's paying off

mother, what must i do?

holy scheisse

Anyway congrats Taylor :triggered:

If it boils down to her making safe music what happened to Katy perry? Lolz just Accept it y’all. taylor has a strong fan base cuz she lives and breathes her music whether you find it basic or not doesn’t take away from how hard working she consistently is

Pennywise
36 minutes ago, SevenWonder said:

This proves it: Billboard singles stats are now meaningless. Tracking who has the most number ones, top 10 singles, etc is now a worthless venture. Which is fine. Change is a part of a life. No biggie. 

(And this is to say absolutely nothing negative about Taylor. Good for her. I'd say the exact same thing if Gaga did it.) 

So when Drake occupied 9 spots, the stats were NOT meaningless, but now they are? :laughga:

36 minutes ago, SevenWonder said:

I'd say the exact same thing if Gaga did it.

gaga thoughts GIF

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Pennywise

I swear the amount of hypocrisy in this site is turning me into a swiftie :bear:

EGOT2027

she works so hard. she’s released five albums since the pandemic began. plus she’s still one of the most passionate big stars alive about her music and this was her 10th studio album.

(two of the five albums were re-recordings and yet also had more brand new songs than many albums.)

holy scheisse

Can we all acknowledge that taylor switched GENRES and still thrived. Her fan base was heavily country fans in the beginning and at first she was said to represent republican/conservative American values and then she ditched country went pop and started being vocal about her political/societal views and social issues even if it meant alienating the conservative people in her fan base — and she’s more successful than ever. in some ways, taylor swift has not always played it safe.. Also folklore is literally a masterpiece in and of itself so to those saying she’s a talentless and mediocre songwriter, I simply disagree!!!!! 🗣️

EGOT2027
45 minutes ago, SevenWonder said:

if it’s so meaningless and not actually a huge achievement then i’m sure another artist will do it very shortly :flop:

billboard also reported that she had enough from just streams to do this, so it’s not like this is all from stans buying songs or the album multiple times

PartySick
1 hour ago, JazzGa said:

h8 when this happens tbh :madge:

But i'm here for the Top 10 getting shook up in general. The same songs have been in it or too long. Hopefully As It Was, I Like You, I Aint Worried, etc. don't return. They're good enough bops but they've been in the chart for 5ever

I'd rather have Harry, aka the male Taylor Swift and the new King of Pop, up there than Taylor, aka the real Taylor Swift :vegas:

C'mon back, As It Was :whitney:

💚

Pennywise
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I'd rather have Harry, aka the male Taylor Swift and the new King of Pop, up there than Taylor, aka the real Taylor Swift :vegas:

C'mon back, As It Was :whitney:

As you're a Floridian I don't think we should count your opinions honestly :vegas:

EGOT2027
Just now, Crescent Bloom said:

the jealously in this thread is wild :laughga:

i know right? adele is a legend for her voice. beyonce is a legend for being the greatest performer alive. taylor is a legend for her songwriting and mastermind marketing. gaga is a legend for being a once in a generation artistic chameleon. why can’t we be happy for all of them !!!! this site loves that women supporting women stuff when gaga is talking about it

Archived