Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

AHS: NYC premieres tonight

Bradley

Featured Posts

Togekiss

I literally busted out laughing when I saw Patti LuPone’s character… like what the hell lmao

bring on that pecan pie

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

I'm starting to think Ryan Murphy is surrounded by yes men who don't even dare to express how weak the scripts became post-Roanoke (which was a great season and felt like a true dip into horror) with the exception of Cult having some awesome moments: how did they think a villain called "Big Daddy" was a good idea? And I've never seen such a bland cinematography for a show known for at least a few oddities when it came to framing and shooting scenes. It was also almost not gory at all, so the fun for us horror fans went away. 

I hope the following episodes are better because I'm a bit tired of AHS revolving on naked men getting tortured for Murphy's personal eye candy

I mean AHS doesn't really is his show anymore, I doubt he is that involved in the production like he used to. He has multiple important projects for Netflix, which is where the money is at. He put more work into them, that's why you can see how those projects are just much better than AHS. FX just renews AHS because they don't really have many better shows in their hands.

RahrahWitch

Watched the first episode and It really doesn't feel like AHS. It feels more like 'American Crime story: Gay cliché'

Hoping it gets better but I feel like it's going to be just another hypersexualized show about gays in the 80s

6 hours ago, Poltergeist said:

It was the first time I forced myself to watch both episodes till the end. It was just boring, there are no interesting characters, also wtf with that big black cowboy in a jockstrap entering the interrogation just to slap that guy and leave the room?

5 hours ago, Tinnitus15 said:

Same thoughts. I was literally wtf the whole scene. They can’t be serious lmfaoooo

5 hours ago, Poltergeist said:

I feel like we've come to a point where Ryan literally think the gayer the better, even if it doesn't add anything to the story, which is really sad

That whole scene was an homage to the film Cruising, there were several tributes to Cruising in the first episode. 

The subject matter of this season is personally boring to me, but I will say they are really cramming in tons of cool 70's queer cultural Easter eggs. 

vinster13

It was alright. I’ll watch it just because I always do. The first half of Season 10 was a true return to form so I know they have it in them. Plus it was promising plot. 

Emigrante

I quite enjoyed it to be honest. Nice vibe. And like the fact that most of the characters are lgbt. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Helxig

Okay just watched the first episode and tried to watch with an open mind and not go into it with any bias...

- It didn't really feel like an AHS season, more like some other Ryan Murphy production

- Wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but just as stereotypical as I could've imagined. But I am already sick of all the GAY GAY GAY SEX SEX SEX DRUGS DRUGS DRUGS

- Lmao why was she performing THERE?? Miss Patti LuPone deserves better. Also a weird concept to have a lounge singer in a place like that but sure. I literally laughed out loud when I saw her

- There were a few moments that made me uncomfortable and I know this season is gonna make trigger my gay anxiety :huntyga:  which is a me problem but ugh, buckle in

- I HATE the photographers. Can't stand those characters at all. Hated the younger guy in the alien season, hated him immediately in this season too... but as soon as Zachary Quinto's character came into the frame he wasn't as terrible by comparison :bear:

- I think the main reason I'm gonna keep watching is I wanna know who the killer is. I think this is reading more like a murder-mystery whodunnit to me. They've planted seeds about a bunch of people that I wanna see unravel. This season could work out alright if they don't pull the regular Ryan Murphy sh.ittily thrown together ending

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Only watched the first episode and it seemed like a censored version. Any killing or violence was only implied and quickly cut to a new scene. I'm thankful but also shocked because AHS hasn't started from showing blood at all before. 

Don't visit my profile

Bradley

I haven't seen the second episode but I enjoyed the first one.

Also Russell Tovey's character is... attractive. And I'm not talking about his physical appearance. It's not that I'm attracted to repressive men, it's just that, when a man seems a bit more old school it seems to align with my tastes. :bradley:

so its just another ryan murphy TV show where gay people just want sex, from the sounds of it... who saw that coming?

If You Say So Shrug GIF

mother, what must i do?

TimotheeChalamet
10 minutes ago, HarleyQuinGa2022 said:

Glamorizing killing of gay men. Ryan needs to get over fetishizing murder. 

Okay, I hate this season but think we're crossing the border now: I know that this cult site is always searching for drama but literally y'all come across like you don't even know what glamorizing and fetishizing means. 

There is not a single show where murder (in general, let alone towards gay men) is glamorized or idolized or whatever you think they're doing: it's not that Ryan Murphy presents Jeffrey Dahmer like a saint or gay men murder like a positive thing. Horror movies in general depic murder and Ryan Murphy usually sets it within the gay community because that's what his stories are about. It's not made to look like killing gay people is a good thing, it's literally bland horror routine that's been done over and over since Herschell Gordon Lewis' Blood Feast. 

Please, don't consider it like a glamorization of death because that's not the case, and not everything has to be viewed as a social issue when slasher and horror in general has been portraying worse things since the 60s :)

HarleyQuinGa2022

And also, can he stop glamorizing hard drug use? So sick of the drug culture and how accepting people have become of it. 

The only thing I found cute about the show is how Russell Tovey’s character is named Patrick. Same name his lover and the main character of Looking had. Now that was a great show. 

aeb7dfd5841cde8343253e26f7ec7e7082462ba8

tumblr_oaudv61h6K1u4ypbyo6_500.gif

but…. Patrick and Richie were better together. 

c9694a499f5df3222cf548cb8a827d5b.gif

Flippy

Personally I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes! :ohwell: 
Were they great? No, but I still really enjoyed how different it is! Anyway, we’ll see what happens in the rest of the season :flutter:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Helxig

Just watched episode 2. A lot about this season makes me really uncomfortable, but I gotta say I'm actually enjoying the murder mystery thing it has going on. I feel like lots of hints are being dropped and I'm trying to piece it together. I just really hope they actually have endings planned for these little trails they're leading us down, and don't just throw together some bullsh.it ending.

Also there's a lot of characters I really don't like, but the ones I do like so far are Adam, Gino and the lesbians. I'm indifferent towards Billie Lourd's character so far but I might like her. I also hate Zachary Quinto's character so much, yet again. I'm afraid I'm getting a correlation kind of effect where I just hate his face in general :laughga: sorry Zach

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Archived