Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
politics

Lula secures key endorsements

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion

Brazil had a federal election that could oust their version of Trump (Bolsonaro) and replace him with a way better candidate, Lula (Bernie Sanders type):

but bc no one got 50%, the top 2 candidates have to rematch… and things are now looking great for Lula

The two candidates leading different parties to the right of Lula, have thankfully stepped in to stop Bolsonaro’s second term:

Bolsonaro is a physically violent misogynist and homophobe, and a disaster for every day people in many other ways. We have to celebrate 🎉 

Edited by StarstruckIllusion
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 1
heit8r

It was a very stressful Sunday. I'm hoping it's all worth it later.

Can't wait to see Pabllo at Lula's inauguration :party:

Gagaism
1 hour ago, allanrocks said:

I still do not understand how people portray Lula as someone as bad as Bolsonaro.

It’s not like he’s bad as Bolsonaro but he’s not that good either. The bad things that came from his time as a president were questionable and quite traumatic in some ways for Brazilian people.

The thing is, there’s no good candidate from any side until someone really go up there and start to think about the people and actually do the things that people needs.

At this point we are GLOBALLY  tired of these guys with power that only wants to get in government for the sake of their own pockets. 

• Like 3
Lukas96
2 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

a way better candidate, Lula (Bernie Sanders type):

When the way better candidate was a convicted criminal.

We're seriously screwed here in LATAM.

Edited by Lukas96
Lukas96
2 hours ago, allanrocks said:

I still do not understand how people portray Lula as someone as bad as Bolsonaro.

He's better for sure, but he was still convicted for corruption, and the reason the sentence was revoked wasn't because he was proven innocent

• Like 1
Luk
18 minutes ago, Lukas96 said:

He's better for sure, but he was still convicted for corruption, and the reason the sentence was revoked wasn't because he was proven innocent

where are the evidences then hunny?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
HausOfAntonio
2 hours ago, allanrocks said:

Some people believe the allegations of robbery and corruption during his government are on par with if not worse than what Bolsonaro stands for. Which is lunacy because Bolsonaro is a thief too for all intents and purposes. I don’t believe Lula is innocent but he stands for stuff I believe in. Some people feel the same way towards Bolsonaro (which is insane and disgusting to me). The corruption scandals were SO traumatising to Brazilians that anything seems better than having that back - I do think that memory is extremely selective of the Left as culprits though when in fact everyone was involved. 

Lukas96
26 minutes ago, Luk said:

where are the evidences then hunny?

his sentence was revoked on a technicality, he appealed his original sentence and therefore according to Brazilian law he shouldn't have been imprisoned until that was ruled on, not because of a lack of evidence on the original case,in which he was found guilty in three instances. 

Is he as bad as Bolsonaro ? No, not at all. on top of the horrible human being he is, Bolsonaro is as corrupt, if not more, as Lula.

Is he a corrupt politician ? Yes, like every single Latinamerican politician who cries "political prosecution" whenever their honesty is questioned.

and this case also impacted my country, in fact we're still dealing with the consequences of the current vice president (former president) awarding a certain construction company overvalued contracts.

Edited by Lukas96
  • Thanks 1
Magui

I just hope Bolsonaro doesn't win. Politicians like him are scum, the way he talks, the words he chooses, the way he threatened democracy by just saying he will not respect the voting, the way he simply say he won't obey constitutional court... Hopefully he won't be elected. 

I must say that it's such a shame that Ciro or Simone doesn't stand a chance in the Brazilian elections looking from the outside (I'm not Brazilian) they seam good options... I still think that Simone appeared too late cause to me she had it to at least do better.

Anyways between Lula and Bolsonaro it's 100% Lula. So I hope Lula wins, i have my fingers crossed, although I'm a bit apprehensive cause we never know.

I have question, what happened to Dilma, i know she was impeached but never understood why, what was the process? Like Bolsonaro should have been impeached just for what he did during pandemic. I just never understood how was she impeached when far worse politicians weren't (at least i don't what she did)

Dennis
4 hours ago, allanrocks said:

Foreign policy wise, he definitely is (see his positions on Ukraine). But domestic policies, I think at least he cares about poor people.

• Like 1
StarstruckIllusion
2 hours ago, Lukas96 said:

When the way better candidate was a convicted criminal.

We're seriously screwed here in LATAM.

lol you mean the fake corruption scheme? ah yes the right loves to do shite like that. greatful for journalists exposing that mess. look at how trump stan bolsonaro is already trying to claim the election is rigged if he loses ☠️

• Thanks 1
Lukas96
12 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

lol you mean the fake corruption scheme? ah yes the right loves to do shite like that. greatful for journalists exposing that mess. look at how trump stan bolsonaro is already trying to claim the election is rigged if he loses ☠️

If only it was fake, the case had repercusions outside the Brazilian government and impacted other countries. But you apparently don't live in LATAM so I don't expect you to know the full story (or the right and left dynamics here).

The left does love playing victim too, and apparently supporting Russia.

I do hope Bolsonaro loses, Brazil doesn't need someone like him in power.

Edited by Lukas96
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
StarstruckIllusion
30 minutes ago, Lukas96 said:

If only it was fake, the case had repercusions outside the Brazilian government and impacted other countries. But you apparently don't live in LATAM so I don't expect you to know the full story (or the right and left dynamics here).

The left does love playing victim too, and apparently supporting Russia.

I do hope Bolsonaro loses, Brazil doesn't need someone like him in power.

Yes… a former president being wrongly imprisoned will have impact ☠️ But it’s obv ur trying to argue in bad faith with those ridiculous hot takes so yeah I’m not interacting with you x

• Thanks 1