MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

USE CODE BLACKFRIDAY TO GET 20% OFF EVERYTHING
politics

The north of Kherson oblast fully under Ukrainian control

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

FeQ21JrXkAMc2h2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

During the last 2 days, Ukraine continued to greatly improve its positions E of the Oskil river & managed to recapture ground in Kherson as the situation in the Siversk-Bakhmut was locked in a stalemate. In the east, Ukraine regained control over many settlements including Bohuslavka, Borivska Andriivka, Kolisnykivka, Novopltonivka, Hlushkivka, Kruhlyakivka (yesterday) and Olhivka (today).

In Kherson, Ukraine retook the settlements of Novopetrivka, Davydiv Brid, Velyka, Mala Oleksandrivka, Starosillia, Mykhailivka, Havrylivka, Novodmytrivka (yesterday) and Ukrainka, Bilyaivka, Petropavlivka etc (today), liberating most of the northern Kherson oblast and ultimately putting the entire Russian presence West of the Dnieper river at risk. 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 1
Luc

They're progressing so quickly, I went to bed like 2 hours late last night because I was trying to follow what happened :laughga:

• Like 3
LilyLark

The progress is absolutely amazing. That said, I never would have thought it possible two months ago, but I'm seriously starting to worry that Putin, as irrational as it is, might use a low yield nuke. Russia is being crushed-even with mobilization-and considering how psychotic Putin is I can't see him accepting defeat in a 'normal' manner.

The best hope imo is that someone pushes Putin out a window, a new regime takes charge, and they are willing to admit defeat, get out Ukraine, and enter peace talks with Ukraine.

• Like 3
FfFfFfFF
16 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

The progress is absolutely amazing. That said, I never would have thought it possible two months ago, but I'm seriously starting to worry that Putin, as irrational as it is, might use a low yield nuke. Russia is being crushed-even with mobilization-and considering how psychotic Putin is I can't see him accepting defeat in a 'normal' manner.

Yes, this is what I am thinking too. It's paradoxical, but the more we get good news for Ukraine, the bigger the chances for a nuke become. Also, we still didn't really begin to see the results of the mobilization yet - as far as I know only a tiny portion of the mobilized troops were sent to the frontlines.

• Like 2
FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, Luc said:

They're progressing so quickly, I went to bed like 2 hours late last night because I was trying to follow what happened :laughga:

FeG5M-gWYAEiUu0?format=jpg&name=medium

LilyLark
4 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Yes, this is what I am thinking too. It's paradoxical, but the more we get good news for Ukraine, the bigger the chances for a nuke become. Also, we still didn't really begin to see the results of the mobilization yet - as far as I know only a tiny portion of the mobilized troops were sent to the frontlines.

What I find quite interesting are the amount of protests in Dagestan...it's not just against mobilization but the war itself. That doesn't seem to have spread, but the fact that it popped up there of all places...

I don't think Russia will every truly break apart, like some predict, but I do think Dagestan's independence could happen eventually...more so than Chechnya (where Kadyrov's clan has under their grasp).

Edited by LilyLark
  • Like 1
FfFfFfFF
Just now, LilyLark said:

What I find quite interesting are the amount of protests in Dagestan...it's not just against mobilization but the war itself. That doesn't seem to have spread, but the fact that it popped up there of all places...

This summer I read The Last War for the World Island by A. Dugin (which many call Putin's ideologue). Here he presented Russia's history from the perspective of ''Eurasianism'' = the idea that Russia is the rightful center of gravity in Eurasia and rightful ruler of the whole world (:flop:). He said something among the lines that Russia launched the Second Checken war because seccesionism was starting to spread from Checknya to Dagestan and so Russia was in the situation that it may loose the north Caucasus. So, in this regard I am not surprised. The North Caucasus is more vulnerable to secessionism than the other ethnic minority regions in Russia.

His argument was that the US was funding Islamic groups there in a similar manner to which it funded Muslim fundamentalists in Afganistan during the Cold War. Whether there may be some truth to it or is complete paranoia is up to you to decide, but what I find hypocritical is that Russia had no issues to support Azbhazia and South Osethia breaking away from Georgia & the narrative only started to matter when separatism was within Russia's own borders. The double standard is clear.

• Like 1
CannaeDrive

It just shows that when your defensive lines are broken, it is really more difficult to stop simultaneously the advance of the attackers and the retreat/rout of the defenders, it generally stops when the attack loses steam, supply wise. Anyway, take that, Putler!

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas
Tempest
22 hours ago, LilyLark said:

The best hope imo is that someone pushes Putin out a window, a new regime takes charge, and they are willing to admit defeat, get out Ukraine, and enter peace talks with Ukraine.

I’m legitimately scared about it. All of this progress is amazing, but it has me really worried Russia is planning something.

• Like 1