MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
tech

Google Stadia shuts down

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion

Rip to the entirely cloud-based gaming platform that didn’t light the world on fire 

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 2
Argentum

ah shame the technology was not there just yet for game streaming.

feels like bad timing

"Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Είσαι οφθαλμαπάτη. Η τέλεια οφθαλμαπάτη" - Λαίδη Γκάγκα, 2016
  • Like 2
Reginald

I was never really sure what the point of Stadia was :huh: Switch is portable, PS5 and Xbox both have remote play on devices. I guess maybe if you didn't want to own a traditional console you could stream them? edit: and Steam Deck, for PC gamers :sweat:

tenor.gif

Edited by Reginald
Diamonds & Dancefloors
  • Like 1
Why am I on GGD

To be honest, streaming games just isn't what it's supposed to be yet. The Kingdom Hearts 3 cloud versions on Switch are genuinely horrible :messga:

20 minutes ago, Argentum said:

ah shame the technology was not there just yet for game streaming.

feels like bad timing

Off-topic but oh my god not the Hallo Aus Berlin profile pic :air:

• YAAAS 1
FATCAT
46 minutes ago, Reginald said:

I was never really sure what the point of Stadia was :huh: Switch is portable, PS5 and Xbox both have remote play on devices. I guess maybe if you didn't want to own a traditional console you could stream them? edit: and Steam Deck, for PC gamers :sweat:

The point was that for a monthly fee you could get PC level gaming out of mediocre hardware. You would never have to buy a console to play all the latest games at 4k. You could use your TV, your phone, or a cheap portable laptop. For a small monthly fee, you would never have to buy a console and it would never break. You'd always be on the latest and greatest. It was honestly a wonderful idea, but we just don't have the infrastructure to handle it.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 2
Argentum
52 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

To be honest, streaming games just isn't what it's supposed to be yet. The Kingdom Hearts 3 cloud versions on Switch are genuinely horrible :messga:

Off-topic but oh my god not the Hallo Aus Berlin profile pic :air:

lol please tell me its not problematic or something :air:

i just run into the dance remix of this song and it literally SLAPS

had to make a gif

Edited by Argentum
"Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Είσαι οφθαλμαπάτη. Η τέλεια οφθαλμαπάτη" - Λαίδη Γκάγκα, 2016
  • LMAO 1
Red

To be honest, it's their fault, they released a product without proper market research, they should have known very few people have an internet connection good enough to stream games :awkney:

River

They just had to go with the gamepass route and give the direct download option.

Anyway, the Amazon one is next lol

"There could be 99 toilets in a house, and it's my house" - River, 2021
  • Like 2
Why am I on GGD
8 hours ago, Argentum said:

lol please tell me its not problematic or something :air:

i just run into the dance remix of this song and it literally SLAPS

had to make a gif

Not problematic as far as I know. It's just from this horrible educational show that I was forced to watch in German class back in high school :laughga:

• LMAO 1
TortureMeOnReplay
9 hours ago, Red said:

To be honest, it's their fault, they released a product without proper market research, they should have known very few people have an internet connection good enough to stream games :awkney:

The issue wasn't even as much internet connection as it was game availability/competitiveness. Not a lot of people knew it existed, there was no marketing push, and people never went to Stadia because their friends and games all came to stuff they owned/were loyal to for decades. It also didn't help that Google has a horrible track record when it comes to shutting down services randomly, but at least they're refunding everybody for everything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
RAMROD

Surprising, not. :poot:

Games are one of the area people don't want to stream for. They want to own it. Hard copies especially. They don't want no subscription scheme.  Watch Netflix Game are meeting the same fate soon.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ start from the bottom, now I'm vers (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡