MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
science

Climate Change To Continue To Increase Great Lakes Water Levels

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.greatlakesnow.org/2022/06/great-lakes-water-levels-increase-next-few-decades/

Analysis and models of changing climate trends suggest an average increase in water levels in the Great Lakes of 19cm to 44cm which is a very significant amount of water for lakes that size. The Great Lakes contain some 20% of the world's surface liquid fresh water

untitled-design-473.jpg

Rising fresh water levels is a bit of an opposite to much of the world facing the opposite problem as rivers and lakes dry up. However high water levels present their own challanges such as land erosion on coastlines which has already damaged property.

In 2021 the Great Lakes reached near all time high water levels with scenes such as these

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYjyPw1W1r00iuCAFj15s

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMA-FbbcKcBEAbOuzew19

web-island-water-usethis.JPG

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbIqX2iQPJ2NXngsu6RxU

Edited by Economy
  • Sad 2
  • Economy changed the title to Climate Change To Continue To Increase Great Lakes Water Levels
Economy
12 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

When asked, California had this to say:

3567EE5D-25E2-458E-80D1-391DD413B8E2.gif

Yeah I mean, I'd also take some shore erosion over droughts and deadly fires also having to pick between 2 extremes 

Tyler1992

I’m trying my hardest to steer clear of doomsday articles and read only climate action plans and positive climate news. 

This one I guess is… bittersweet? Fresh water is important and becoming more scarce. Property should be insured? I guess I’m going to take this as a win.

Economy
7 minutes ago, Tyler1992 said:

I’m trying my hardest to steer clear of doomsday articles and read only climate action plans and positive climate news. 

This one I guess is… bittersweet? Fresh water is important and becoming more scarce. Property should be insured? I guess I’m going to take this as a win.

Well it's preferable to a drought I guess if u have to choose between extremes

But considering the part of the continent the Great Lakes are in has no issue with lack of fresh water supply... Increasing water in the lakes by even more to the point of shore erosion brings no benefit extra benefit, only damage...

It also doesnt really do anything to help the overall global fresh water shortages in other areas

So I wouldn't call it a win. Just a lesser evil 

Edited by Economy
Debithius
1 hour ago, Tyler1992 said:

And it's also not as if climate change wouldn't happen without human intervention either. We are just speeding up everything...too fast.

TasteLikeWhiskey

We are all going to die everybody!  

I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong
Monstermilo

its too late, half of us (conservatives) dont even think climate change is real 

we deserve whats coming to us 

ppl wont do anything until they see the literal world on fire/submerged underwater 

all ppl care about is money 

Edited by Monstermilo
dit

low key the smartest thing is for people to try to move up north across the continents because in like 50 years I really thing we will have large scale water wars and countries with low water will have NONE. Canada, Scandanavia and Russia will be the places to simply for the water. Though they may also be nuclear wastelands cuz countries will be waring intensly over their resources I guess. Ugh a MESS.

AnnaNicoleSmith
1 hour ago, Monstermilo said:

all ppl care about is money 

This. And it’s not even real. People say WHAT ITS REAL, no dummy i mean we invented it and it’s not real. What’s real is nature, us, creatures etc. Yet people kill for money. Money is the God of all Gods here it’s so pathetiv

Economy
8 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Lake Baikal (21% of the fresh water in the world) waiting to be surpassed by Great Lakes any moment now:

That Lake is also growing so maybe it won't be surprised :ladyhaha:

• Shook 1
FfFfFfFF
25 minutes ago, Economy said:

That Lake is also growing so maybe it won't be surprised :ladyhaha:

I thought it was full capacity by now. How much deeper can it get? :air: