• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ivy

• LadyxGaGa

• SamanthaC

• Juanjo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My stepmom's sister is stubbornly having her wedding somewhere on the panhandle this Friday. They're from the Midwest so they don't know how serious this weather is... She's in complete denial that it

My cousin lives in Tampa. They have horses, so she wrote her phone number on her horses in case they end up displaced. It's terrifying.  (Her other smaller animals are in her house with her and h

RAMROD

That's scary. Be safe everyone 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ start from the bottom, now I'm vers (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1
RAMROD
12 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

what does category 4 mean??

Category 4 storms can cause "catastrophic damage" with their 130-156 mph winds. A Category 4 storm can cause severe damage to well-constructed homes, including damaging most of the roof and exterior walls. "Most trees will be snapped or uprooted and power poles downed.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ start from the bottom, now I'm vers (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
LadyxGaGa
12 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Category 4 storms can cause "catastrophic damage" with their 130-156 mph winds. A Category 4 storm can cause severe damage to well-constructed homes, including damaging most of the roof and exterior walls. "Most trees will be snapped or uprooted and power poles downed.

that sounds horrific, pls pardon me if i’m wrong but are most floridians used to hurricanes by now?? like being able to prepared or evacuate if needed

Roughhouse Dandy
Just now, LadyxGaGa said:

that sounds horrific, pls pardon me if i’m wrong but are most floridians used to hurricanes by now?? like being able to prepared or evacuate if needed

We just become desensitized. A lot of residents think because we've made it through so many, we'll be fine so evacuation isn't necessary. Instead people throw hurricane parties and rent boats to float around the streets in the flooding afterwards. 

💜
SamanthaC
2 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

Yes they’re used to it. Ask @PartySick. Likely the only people that need to evacuate are on the coast where storm surge is going to be an issue. 

she/her/hers
SamanthaC
2 minutes ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

We just become desensitized. A lot of residents think because we've made it through so many, we'll be fine so evacuation isn't necessary. Instead people throw hurricane parties and rent boats to float around the streets in the flooding afterwards. 

People do this in NC too. It’s dumb. I mean they send my husband out in the mess (he’s a reporter/meteorologist) but if people just stay home, if you’re not in a flood zone, you will likely be okay. Category 4 can do some crazy damage though so it can depend on the type of home you live in too. 

she/her/hers
LadyxGaGa
6 minutes ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

WTF IS A HURRICANE PARTY? is this a joke lolol

SamanthaC

4-E0583-C6-5-AD1-4-E3-F-9672-DE6-C82082-

Latest track from the National Hurricane Center (updates at 2, 5, 8, and 11 EST, am and pm) https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

27-D1-A257-0-ADB-4554-8769-D14899-ED8-DC

The NHS is who issues the warnings, advisories, etc. They are the main source for updates that all the tv channels use. 

she/her/hers
LadyxGaGa
6 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

Yes they’re used to it. Ask @PartySick. Likely the only people that need to evacuate are on the coast where storm surge is going to be an issue. 

i hope the coast people are okay. ngl this stuff makes me worry about all the animals in shelters 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
SamanthaC
6 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

i hope the coast people are okay. ngl this stuff makes me worry about all the animals in shelters 

Yes or the fact that people will leave their animals behind when evacuating. It’s scary and sad. 

she/her/hers
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
LadyxGaGa
27 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

Yes or the fact that people will leave their animals behind when evacuating. It’s scary and sad. 

i genuinely hate that for those poor animals, gods i hope all of them are safe

Reject False Icons

What bout Cuba are they ok? The storm looks over them, Seems like the US is always the ones that matter 

• Like 2
Sneaky Oliver

Ian is my name irl so it's kinda weird and messy that there is a hurricane with the same name as me :cryga:

Edited by Sneaky Oliver
welcome to *MY* museum of brutality
  • Love 2
  • Shook 1
  • LateToCult changed the title to Ian makes landfall near Cape Coral / Fort Myers