MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
society

Video: Disabled Woman Drags Herself On Floor To Bathroom

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

... After Staff Refuses To Help" (Note To GGD @Admin Never being able to finish title cuz of length cut off being too short is really starting to get on my nerves :grr:)

Back OT...

The article I read this in won't show full story unless u pay but it got uploaded on YouTube either way. Basically a disabled woman couldn't get help to go to bathroom and had herself filmed in order to show what disabled ppl often have to go thru on planes

This story comes out shortly after a woman who had a $30,000 high end electric chair badly damaged by handlers at airport and was offered only a few hundred in compensation

• Shook 5
  • Sad 8
PartySick
24 minutes ago, Economy said:

Never being able to finish title cuz of length cut off being too short is really starting to get on my nerves :grr:

"Disabled women is refused help by airplane staff" would fit fine :spin:

This is ridiculous though. They've got all these precautions to board disabled people onto planes but won't help her to the bathroom? :smh: not to mention the damage to her chair. I hope she sues tbh.

• Like 3
ChicaSkas
27 minutes ago, PartySick said:

This is ridiculous though. They've got all these precautions to board disabled people onto planes but won't help her to the bathroom? :smh: not to mention the damage to her chair. I hope she sues tbh.

Damn I would have gotten up and helped her myself. 

Edited by ChicaSkas
Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
monstertoronto
36 minutes ago, PartySick said:

That title doesn’t capture that she has to drag herself to the bathroom, which is the unique and outrageous thing here that needs to be in the headline. 

Night Vision

Disgusting treatment from the airline but also disgusting that none of the other passengers are offering to help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
monstertoronto
2 hours ago, Economy said:

... After Staff Refuses To Help" (Note To GGD @Admin Never being able to finish title cuz of length cut off being too short is really starting to get on my nerves :grr:)

Back OT...

The article I read this in won't show full story unless u pay but it got uploaded on YouTube either way. Basically a disabled woman couldn't get help to go to bathroom and had herself filmed in order to show what disabled ppl often have to go thru on planes

This story comes out shortly after a woman who had a $30,000 high end electric chair badly damaged by handlers at airport and was offered only a few hundred in compensation

Was there an original video by this woman without the guy in the hat talking about it? 

Economy
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

That's not very descriptive tho 👀

2 hours ago, PartySick said:

It wasn't the same story. That was a seperate person. But it shows how often disabled aren't taken care of properly

Economy
57 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

Was there an original video by this woman without the guy in the hat talking about it? 

Maybe try to google it. Or YouTube it.

JanStan

This is horrific and sad. 

I don’t know if the airline has responded yet but I know from experience that a lot of businesses are afraid to help in these situations for fear of being sued if the person gets injured (or fakes an injury). The super petty lawsuits and also cancel culture have made people afraid to help for fear of saying/doing the wrong thing even if they had good intentions. I can see someone trying to help and then being accused of thinking that a person with disabilities is helpless.

We as a society are a MESS. 

• Like 2
Economy
1 minute ago, JanStan said:

This is horrific and sad. 

I don’t know if the airline has responded yet but I know from experience that a lot of businesses are afraid to help in these situations for fear of being sued if the person gets injured (or fakes an injury). The super petty lawsuits and also cancel culture have made people afraid to help for fear of saying/doing the wrong thing even if they had good intentions. I can see someone trying to help and then being accused of thinking that a person with disabilities is helpless.

We as a society are a MESS. 

Yeah it's unfortunate. Exagerated attitudes end up making well intentioned ppl afraid to act or go silent

Law suits especially in North America are way too easy. Even if u don't win the case necessarily the fact that it's so easy to start a case over it drags companies and ppl into them. Even if someone tries to sue u and fails... It's still gonna cost u to defend urself time and money

It's not right. I think that kind of **** needs to be regulated more tightly. There's legit situations for law suits or "cancel culture" as well. But a lot of times it's also just unnecessary and exagerated

• Like 1
ChicaSkas
6 minutes ago, Joshie S said:

Ok but who is filming?? :saladga:

I watched it, it was her partner. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
Joshie S
Just now, ChicaSkas said:

I watched it, it was her partner. 

I watched it too, the video explains it's her partner but then at the end it also says and shows the partner helping her into the bathroom, so at that point who would be filming? 

It just seems... odd.

As horrific as this is, it doesn't make sense to me. Also if she had a partner there to help her (possibly 2 people following her?) this could explain why no one offered to help.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥ #FreeKesha
  • Like 2