💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga in Boston: BLOODPOP Made me Make Chromatica a Dance Record

JRCF29

Featured Posts

Roughhouse Dandy

Maybe we'll get an acoustic version of Chromatica sometime down the line! This is me manifesting bc I love the album but a stripped down sound would get rid of all the problems I have with it. 

This is my Hannah Montanaâ„ąïž lipgloss.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ProfessionalClown
1 hour ago, Eido said:

I don't know what is the most problematic 

Gaga saying that like it's normal

Bloopop making her do that against her will (at least at first) (probably just wanted to have a boost of reputation)

Or y'all saying it's ok to do that because you had your pop album 

But she felt the worst mentally doing those ballads and piano songs so him making her do a dance record literally helped her get through mental anguish.

Sounds like he’s doing what a friend should do and helped her get through a rough patch.

Reality
1 hour ago, SharGaga said:

Chromatica was her first full pop dance album in 7 years since ARTPOP. You have no idea how long and difficult it was for me and other fans craving dance pop music from Gaga. IF Chromatica was ballad heavy that would make it 9 years and counting.

Ok...and 5/6 of her solo albums are still dance/electronic pop records. Like I said, I'm more than happy with how Chromatica came out, but the whole "she should go back to dance/electronic pop" is a stupid argument when the vast majority of her discography is that genre. Also, Gaga's literally an artist who is known for changing and evolving. Let's actually let her explore more genres and not confine her to one specific thing.

And tbh, people say that they don't want any more acoustic/ballad songs, but then Shallow, ARUTW, INLA, etc. are all fan favorites. Many people have also said they prefer the 1000 Doves ballad version over the album version. She could, and honestly should, pull off a full ballad album one day.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

Benji
12 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Looking back right now, I wish she went for the jazzy, New York vibe, alt band style like "Just Another Day" instead of leaning into country which feels completely like came out of nowhere within the Gaga universe as an artist. What if she could bring back the real Stefani sound like Red and Blue, No Floods. It would sound more authentic to who Gaga is and a full circle moment

Just Another Day is such a great song, I remember after hearing it I wanted a full album of songs like it :pray:

I do kind of agree.  I think Gaga and everyone involved didn’t really know where to take Joanne.  It could’ve benefited being handled by a Nashville producer or Mark Twain if they really wanted to go down the country and pop route but I think they were hesitant to do that.  If they stuck with ballads and jazz it could’ve also worked but it just ended up being a little directionless.  I do still like the album though, execution could’ve been better but like I said in a post in here before, I appreciate the ambition and it still stands as a good album.

ELECTROHEART

WHAT :wtfga:

Wasn't "dance through the pain" the central theme of the album?

Well, thank you miss Bloodpop :ohwell:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

KubaM316
1 hour ago, GagasLeftFoot said:

Ngl I could see Replay in a piano set up in a similar way to Pokerface. In a almost talking version.

Honestly I can imagine Gaga doing most of the songs from the album on the piano, even if it's Replay, Enigma, Rain On Me...:enigma:

I mean - she even performed Just Dance, Applause and Stupid Love on the piano

KubaM316
10 minutes ago, ELECTROHEART said:

WHAT :wtfga:

Wasn't "dance through the pain" the central theme of the album?

and don't forget about "can dance music heal?"

lasagna

if chromatica was another album of poorly produced ballad(ish) songs confused about their genre like joanne i wouldve unstanned fr

having said that i would very much like to hear the piano demos for chromatica if there are any other than 1000 doves. but im very happy with the chromatica we got and im glad bloodpop was an input hoe

human turd

lasagna
30 minutes ago, Benji said:

Just Another Day is such a great song, I remember after hearing it I wanted a full album of songs like it :pray:

I do kind of agree.  I think Gaga and everyone involved didn’t really know where to take Joanne.  It could’ve benefited being handled by a Nashville producer or Mark Twain if they really wanted to go down the country and pop route but I think they were hesitant to do that.  If they stuck with ballads and jazz it could’ve also worked but it just ended up being a little directionless.  I do still like the album though, execution could’ve been better but like I said in a post in here before, I appreciate the ambition and it still stands as a good album.

joanne is such a confused album it blows my mind how directionless it was. to have sinners prayer, perfect illusion, million reasons, dancin in circles, and just another day on the same album is demented :air:

human turd

PartySick
13 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

She should give us her own version of the album ! 

Give us the piano demos Gaga ! :firega:

Chromatica (Gaga's Version) when :legend:

đŸ–€

PartySick
5 minutes ago, lasagna said:

if chromatica was another album of poorly produced ballad(ish) songs confused about their genre like joanne i wouldve unstanned fr

It's amazing how every word in this sentence annoyed me more than the last :patrizia:

(Being dramatic again, don't actually fight me)

Anyway, Gaga and Mark did amazing work on Joanne, thank you. It was a pop album (just like all her other albums) with a splash of Americana and rock. Hardly directionless :grr:

đŸ–€

• Admin locked this topic

Archived