đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga in Boston: BLOODPOP Made me Make Chromatica a Dance Record

JRCF29

Featured Posts

Edonis
1 minute ago, ThatsGossip111 said:

I was there last night and I only remember her mentioning wanting 1000 doves to be a ballad 

It's the exact same speech she says every night...the fact that this thread is still up with a mod that hates the Chromatica album fanning the flame is sooooo...:partysick:

And adding to the discourse, this isn't news. Gaga has been fairly transparent from the start that she was so upset and depressed during Joanne and ASIB that she did not want to make music outside of very somber and upsetting piano tracks. Bloodpop is name-dropped during Babylon because he really is the architect behind the record that helped Gaga literally dance thru the pain. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji
1 minute ago, Edonis said:

It's the exact same speech she says every night...the fact that this thread is still up with a mod that hates the Chromatica album fanning the flame is sooooo...:partysick:

And adding to the discourse, this isn't news. Gaga has been fairly transparent from the start that she was so upset and depressed during Joanne and ASIB that she did not want to make music outside of very somber and upsetting piano tracks. Bloodpop is name-dropped during Babylon because he really is the architect behind the record that helped Gaga literally dance thru the pain. 

Gaga’s own fans wanting her to stay depressed on that porch because she’s not making music they personally like, what’s new! :bradley:

StarstruckIllusion
32 minutes ago, Eido said:

I don't know what is the most problematic 

Gaga saying that like it's normal

Bloopop making her do that against her will (at least at first) (probably just wanted to have a boost of reputation)

Or y'all saying it's ok to do that because you had your pop album 

Here, lemme help you - Gaga staying depressed so you could cry to some ballad is the most problematic outcome:

35 minutes ago, Benji said:

Yeah same in London.  I think she was only speaking about 1000 Doves and MAYBE Fun Tonight.

She doesn’t say it with any malice.  She pretty much says she would’ve stayed in her depressive pit, on that porch, if it wasn’t for her friends making her work on (dance) music.

holy scheisse
13 minutes ago, jimmytimestep said:

I love the song, but I personally don't think Sour Candy was conceptualized as a ballad. I think after the album took shape as a dance record, Gaga's a&r sourced the song from another writer, let Gaga make modifications, and then brought in Blackpink.

Sometimes when I listen to the album, I *REALLY* can hear the ballads. Alice was FOR SURE a ballad before it was a banger. Probably Rain On Me too.

I agree with alllll that. Sour candy feels like a marketing strategy to me 💀 yet it also is amazing at the chromatica ball  

One thing about ga tho is she could turn anything into a piano version and I do believe that’s how most of her music starts. I joked but I literally think she could turn sour candy into an acoustic piano version if she wanted lmao I could imagine every song in the album being sang at the piano 

A chromatica evening — the second remix album could be the piano ballad version :enigma:

StarstruckIllusion
2 minutes ago, Benji said:

Gaga’s own fans wanting her to stay depressed on that porch because she’s not making music they personally like, what’s new! :bradley:

Gaga already admitted the stripped down Joanne didn’t help heal her family trauma in the end, unfortunately… Chromatica helped her heal. We’re living the happy ending guys… why are we mourning an alt reality rn lmao?

Lextyr97

I thought she was talking specifically about 1000 Doves being a piano track. Not the whole thing but I guess it would make sense when she had those music notes as her profile picture

Benji
2 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Gaga already admitted the stripped down Joanne didn’t help heal her family trauma in the end, unfortunately… Chromatica helped her heal. We’re living the happy ending guys… why are we mourning an alt reality rn lmao?

Literally.  Chromatica, to me, is everything she’s been trying to achieve with dance music.  How she described ARTPOP as her pain exploding in electronic music perfectly summarises what Chromatica is.  It’s like she finally found how to express how she felt.  She loves Chromatica, it’s her most personal album yet.

It’s a shame she couldn’t achieve what she wanted to with Joanne.  I think we could see it wasn’t going the right way during the documentary and she played her family the title track.  They didn’t respond badly but you could tell it wasn’t the reaction she wanted.  I may rank Joanne/ARTPOP quite low in her discography but I will always give her credit for what she was trying to achieve with Joanne, it’s generally a good album.

StarstruckIllusion
4 minutes ago, Benji said:

Literally.  Chromatica, to me, is everything she’s been trying to achieve with dance music.  How she described ARTPOP as her pain exploding in electronic music perfectly summarises what Chromatica is.  It’s like she finally found how to express how she felt.  She loves Chromatica, it’s her most personal album yet.

It’s a shame she couldn’t achieve what she wanted to with Joanne.  I think we could see it wasn’t going the right way during the documentary and she played her family the title track.  They didn’t respond badly but you could tell it wasn’t the reaction she wanted.  I may rank Joanne/ARTPOP quite low in her discography but I will always give her credit for what she was trying to achieve with Joanne, it’s generally a good album.

Yes exactly… I agree with every word :applause:In this house we respect all Gaga albums… but Chromatica is JUST up there 

Dennis
1 hour ago, SharGaga said:

First she said it was only 1000 Doves and now it turns out the whole album was supposed to ballad heavy? Thank you BloodPop for bringing PopGa back.

Gaga writes almost every song on a piano first, before turning it into a dance record.

Jewels n Drugs

Imagine a B side album with the acoustic versions :air: So much potential, she needs a better team smh

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Sneaky Oliver

I think Gaga should be more careful about her word choices. This fan base is toxic, rabid and will attack anyone over nothing so it might sound like she made Chromatica against her will

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Blackout19

Well BLOODPOP, knows how to make an album, so he made her the best album of her career

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

Werewolves Wanted

That kind of makes sense! If it was a piano ballad album that fits the name of the album and the tattoo she got 

Sneaky Oliver
16 minutes ago, Benji said:

Looking back right now, I wish she went for the jazzy, New York vibe, alt band style like "Just Another Day" instead of leaning into country which feels completely like came out of nowhere within the Gaga universe as an artist. What if she could bring back the real Stefani sound like Red and Blue, No Floods. It would sound more authentic to who Gaga is and a full circle moment

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• Admin locked this topic

Archived