question

Best year for Pop music?

SlaeUrAnus

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTFAP

2013! miley cyrus twerking fiasco, lorde's dark edgy pop girl aesthetic, katy perry's prism album,lady gaga's alleged downfall,ariana grandes rise to fame via "yours truly" album, beyonce self titled, kesha's timber being a massive hit, britney teaching us on how to "werk bish",paramore self titled, nicki minaj and mariah carey iconic american idol feuds.

ย 

the gays are winning that year!

55 minutes ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

I'm so nostalgic because those years were when I was mid-teens and really becoming the person I am todayย :selena:

Yep same! it really shaped usย :kara:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakrโ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

RAYA.core
2 hours ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Not sure if it's the best, but 2000 had:

Britney - Oops I Did It Again
Kylie - Spinning Around
Destiny's Child - Say My Name +ย Independent Women Part I
Madonna - Music
Christina - What A Girl Wants
'N Sync - Bye Bye Bye
Celine Dion - That's The Way It Isย 
J. Lo - Waiting For Tonight

Actually I'm pretty sure it's the bestย :haroon:

(Going off the Billboard Year-End Hot 100)

Very true I loved all of this and the nostaliga trend can't touch this with everything they gotย 

โ•ฐโ˜†โ•ฎ๐™ธ๐š๐š—๐š˜๐š›๐šŽ ๐šŠ๐š•๐š• ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐š›๐šŽ๐š ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐šŒ๐š›๐š’๐š๐š’๐šŒ๐š’๐šœ๐š–. ๐™ป๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜๐š› ๐š ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐šŒ๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ... โ˜†โ•ฎJOINED November 25 2011

StressedOut

2020 had Future Nostalgia, Chromatica, What's Your Pleasure?, DISCO, Fetch The Bolt Cutters (I think it's pop), SAWAYAMA, How I'm Feeling Now, Dedicated Side B...

1984, 1985, 1986. (or any 80s)

I wasn't alive thenย but looking back, pop music wasย in its element in the 80s. Pretty much any 80s year beats any other hands down. There was Madonna, Whitney, Duran Duran, MJ, Eurythmicsย etc.

2006 to 2010.

Electro pop came back, plus really awesome producers like Timbaland and RedOne. There was Gaga, Rihanna, Beyonce, Katy Perry, Nelly Furtado, Gwen Stefaniย etc.

After 2010, I think songs drifted too much into basic dance and the biggest hits were mostly annoying (Happy, Can't Stop the Feeling). The basic formula was:

Sia/Vocalist + one-hit producer + trap or tropical vibe feat.ย random Nicki Minaj or Pitbull verse.

Future Nostalgia, Chromatica, SAWAYAMA. Not bad for a pandemic. Though I'm low-key tired of pop now either being rap-pop, house, or angsty 00s teen pop.ย Bring synths back into the mainsteam!

waterfall

pls donโ€™t come for me but 2014/2015โ€ฆ thatโ€™s when i remember listening to pop edm stuff the most since i donโ€™t listen anymore

HeavyMetal Halcyon

Born This Way

Call Me Maybeย 

Talk That Talk

4 - Beyonceย 

21 - Adele

etc...ย 

TAIPEI

2O1O

animal + cannibal

teenageย dreams

loud

the fame monster

pink friday

speak now

can't be tamed

bionic

ย 

2O11

goodbye lullaby

femme fatale

born this way

talk that talk

ย 

2013 - ARTPOP

2016 - Anti

2020 - Chromatica, Future Nostalgia, After Hours

I'm not having fun tonight

Phantomhive

2008-2011. Pop was so prevalent in the late 2000's and early 2010's that majority of hip hop/rap songs that became hits had a pop hook.

In I fly on wings of winter.

LaLuna

The late 90s for sure. I mean, NSYNC, BSB, Britney, Xtina, Spice Girls...ย 

The 80s in general were pretty lit too in terms of pop music.

Archived