💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Super Freaky Girl officially becomes Nicki Minaj's first solo #1 on BBH100

Dojo

Featured Posts

SharGaga

I don't like the fact that Nicki is working with an alleged rapist but let's not forget that many stars have chosen to do so in their career. Even Lady Gaga. When she chose to collab with R Kelly he already had sex tapes out in the open in particular getting head by an underage girl who is testifying this time in the new trial I think. Still Gaga chose to say stuff like 'people say a lot of untrue things about R Kelly and me' or something like that. Not to mention the mimicking of oral sex during SNL with R Kelly. She knew exactly what she was doing. I feel like every star has worked with an abuser at some point. Nicki does have a pattern of working with abusers but I'm not surprised at all. Nicki sold her soul a long time ago and she won't let allegations get in the way of her success.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NATAH
7 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

I don't like the fact that Nicki is working with an alleged rapist but let's not forget that many stars have chosen to do so in their career. Even Lady Gaga. When she chose to collab with R Kelly he already had sex tapes out in the open in particular getting head by an underage girl who is testifying this time in the new trial I think. Still Gaga chose to say stuff like 'people say a lot of untrue things about R Kelly and me' or something like that. Not to mention the mimicking of oral sex during SNL with R Kelly. She knew exactly what she was doing. I feel like every star has worked with an abuser at some point. Nicki does have a pattern of working with abusers but I'm not surprised at all. Nicki sold her soul a long time ago and she won't let allegations get in the way of her success.

what sets gaga aside is her finally taking responsibility for her actions, imo

i really can't see nicki doing a THITY and removing her work with 6ix9ine + others anytime soon

mother, what must i do?

Cameltoe Chariot
7 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

The way some of you come out of the woodwork to drag Gaga's ass into every issue with some old stale bullsh*t :triggered: she made a public statement and an apology for the R Kelly feature, removed the track from all streaming and digital purchase platforms, and re-released the physical album with the track removed.

Lady Gaga has apologized for working with R. Kelly in a Twitter statement. The singer, herself a victim of sexual assault, introduced the lengthy apology by noting, “I stand by anyone who has ever been the victim of sexual assault.” “I stand behind these women 1000%, believe them, know they are suffering and in pain, and feel strongly that their voices should be heard and taken seriously,” Gaga wrote in response to the women who spoke out about Kelly in the Surviving R. Kelly documentary series. “I’m sorry, both for my poor judgment when I was young, and for not speaking out sooner.”

“As a victim of sexual assault myself, I made both the song and the video at a dark time in my life, my intention was to create something extremely defiant and provocative because I was angry and still hadn’t processed the trauma that had occurred in my own life,” Gaga explained in her apology. “The song is called ‘Do What U Want (With My Body),’ I think it’s clear how explicitly twisted my thinking was at the time. If I could go back and have a talk with my younger self I’d tell her to go through the therapy I have since then, so that I could understand the confused post-traumatic state that I was in—or if therapy was not available to me or anyone in my situation—to seek help, and speak as openly and honestly as possible about what we’ve been through.”

SharGaga
13 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

The way some of you come out of the woodwork to drag Gaga's ass into every issue with some old stale bullsh*t :triggered: she made a public statement and an apology for the R Kelly feature, removed the track from all streaming and digital purchase platforms, and re-released the physical album with the track removed.

Lady Gaga has apologized for working with R. Kelly in a Twitter statement. The singer, herself a victim of sexual assault, introduced the lengthy apology by noting, “I stand by anyone who has ever been the victim of sexual assault.” “I stand behind these women 1000%, believe them, know they are suffering and in pain, and feel strongly that their voices should be heard and taken seriously,” Gaga wrote in response to the women who spoke out about Kelly in the Surviving R. Kelly documentary series. “I’m sorry, both for my poor judgment when I was young, and for not speaking out sooner.”

“As a victim of sexual assault myself, I made both the song and the video at a dark time in my life, my intention was to create something extremely defiant and provocative because I was angry and still hadn’t processed the trauma that had occurred in my own life,” Gaga explained in her apology. “The song is called ‘Do What U Want (With My Body),’ I think it’s clear how explicitly twisted my thinking was at the time. If I could go back and have a talk with my younger self I’d tell her to go through the therapy I have since then, so that I could understand the confused post-traumatic state that I was in—or if therapy was not available to me or anyone in my situation—to seek help, and speak as openly and honestly as possible about what we’ve been through.”

I've been on GGD for 11 years. I know about the apology lol. I'm talking about how she chose to ignore the allegations in 2013. In 2019 after the LifeTime doc aired she had no choice or her 'be kind' motto would be nonsense. I love Gaga but I can also point out her mistakes without glorifying every single thing she does. Anyway lets stay on topic.

59 minutes ago, Thomatica said:

Didn’t they change the rules last minute bc Dua fans used “fraudulent” streams and tricks to get Levitating to go #1 or? 

edit: apparently they used VPNs, so Billboard took off 4K sales from the song and messed around with the points of other songs in order to block Levitating from taking the top spot 

39 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

if i’m not mistaken didn’t they use streaming farms 

my lawyer will be contacting you two for spreading misinformation about levitating's success, xo

JudassVenus
19 minutes ago, Dojo said:

my lawyer will be contacting you two for spreading misinformation about levitating's success, xo

naurr i love levitating it's so iconic and deserves its success. I was super mad to find out that Billboard changed the rules last minute and delayed the chart when armys, swifties, and now barbz have been doing the same tricks and they continue to get away with it. Hopefully Dua will manage to get a #1 hit sooner or later 

Ziggy
56 minutes ago, NATAH said:

what sets gaga aside is her finally taking responsibility for her actions, imo

i really can't see nicki doing a THITY and removing her work with 6ix9ine + others anytime soon

Not to be that person but she did TIHTY before removing and apologizing for the song. Doesn’t negate the apology! Just saying so we don’t go painting a false image or that she did some apology tour or ****

NATAH
4 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Not to be that person but she did TIHTY before removing and apologizing for the song. Doesn’t negate the apology! Just saying so we don’t go painting a false image or that she did some apology tour or ****

i know but i like to include as giving back to those who were hurt

using her voice during such a big movement for hollywood and on one of hollywood's biggest stages is pretty major, a lot more impactful than a tweet could ever be

mother, what must i do?

Cameltoe Chariot
46 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

I've been on GGD for 11 years. I know about the apology lol. I'm talking about how she chose to ignore the allegations in 2013. In 2019 after the LifeTime doc aired she had no choice or her 'be kind' motto would be nonsense. I love Gaga but I can also point out her mistakes without glorifying every single thing she does. Anyway lets stay on topic.

This is such a gross take on how victims are supposed to navigate their trauma :bear:

Anyway, like you said: let’s stay on topic :haroon:

Debithius

I am glad Nicki is getting a number 1 song. However, none of her ORIGINAL SOLO material ever hit no 1 anymore. It's either a feature that's not even her own song or she samples an entire song and only add her own lyrics to it. 

Debithius
10 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

This is such a gross take on how victims are supposed to navigate their trauma :bear:

Anyway, like you said: let’s stay on topic :haroon:

I assume you guys are talking about Gaga x R.Kelly? Didn't Gaga say that she intentionally used R.Kelly to shock everyone because of how rebellious she felt at the time or something along those lines?

Naak Le Vaar
7 hours ago, SharGaga said:

So even after Gaga apologizes for a mistake she made and even the victims of R. Kelly forgave her, you say she is being glorified? When were talking about Nicki, who actively seeks to work with sex offenders and doesn't even pretend  to take an active stance to help sexual abuse victims? Wow, I'm speechless...

Lmao they blocked my signature

Ziggy
15 hours ago, NATAH said:

i know but i like to include as giving back to those who were hurt

using her voice during such a big movement for hollywood and on one of hollywood's biggest stages is pretty major, a lot more impactful than a tweet could ever be

Very true!

Ziggy
8 hours ago, Naak Le Vaar said:

So even after Gaga apologizes for a mistake she made and even the victims of R. Kelly forgave her, you say she is being glorified? When were talking about Nicki, who actively seeks to work with sex offenders and doesn't even pretend  to take an active stance to help sexual abuse victims? Wow, I'm speechless...

i think it’s more of saying, “let’s put it in perspective that it isn’t like she didn’t have other chances to apologize and instead waited until she basically had to.” which is kinda true. It’s still a heartfelt apology, I’m sure, and honestly I’m sure it didn’t come sooner out of being ashamed and shame is a powerful agent. Still, it’s important to acknowledge the reality of a person. She is clearly remorseful but also let her own pride get in the way of owning that remorse more fully. It is what it is. I think we all do that just not on a level like Gaga as we’re not on that level. Won’t flay her forever over it, won’t over praise her for it either. I’ll focus more on what she’s done since which is a good amount! She’s been a SAS advocate and has put a lot of her energy behind that. At the end of the day, ma’am is humans.

Now Nicki
girl :laughga: no hope

There’s no need to drag Gaga into this sh!t show, we all know DWUW is problematic and just like what Gaga said in her tweet about ARTPOP ACT II petition
 It was an era of self-destruction and that’s exactly what R Kelly collab was, that song is erased from internet now and it’s time for us to move on.:ohwell:

• Dojo changed the title to Super Freaky Girl officially becomes Nicki Minaj's first solo #1 on BBH100
  • Admin locked this topic

Archived