💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Spoilers: Let’s Start Manifesting Together // TCB Sonnet and Gaga Prophecy

metalguru

Featured Posts

metalguru

Let’s start a movement, or collective manifestation regards to Gaga’s future musical adventures! 

Sometimes putting ideas out there is the only way to trigger the imagination.

But first, please note that I am just doing wishful thinking from a subjective point of view. You do not have to agree with me. And all my thoughts are supportive -I have no malice or negativity towards Gaga -instead, I love her more than ever, after seeing her a couple of days ago in MetStadium. God, I am enchanted by her. I can’t stop thinking about how special she is..

Metlife Stadium performance was a force of nature. I’ve never seen anyone who controls their craft with such authority. She is top of her game -dancing non-stop with a head mic and singing flawlessly with minimal back vocals. It is just her pouring her heart and soul into each and every song in front of 55K people. It almost felt like an exorcism -a cathartic experience both for her and the audience. She is the commander-in-chief of her destiny once again, like back in the Born This Way days, yet this time she has more stories, depth, and sincerity to share with the wider world, making me think whatever happened after 2010 happened for good, she is layered, nuanced, sharpened and crystallized. It was one of the most magical nights of my life. I saw her during ArtRave and Joanne and the improvements are so very impressive. I don’t think there would be another Gaga. Her connection with her audience was LEGENDARY. I feel so happy for her, a well-deserved victory! 

During the show, I almost had a vision -thanks to talented Nick Knight interludes. Let me try to explain myself. I always feel like Gaga is being slowed down by her label and producers but she could easily rewrite the past if she wants to and manifest a future that holds no excuse. Just to give an example, ARTPOP could’ve been her “Scary Monsters & Super Creeps” if she went with organic, instrumental production but the final product is muted by electronics, tiresome textures and confused traclisting. The album still means so much to me, but each time I start listening, it also makes me feel sad that she missed such a great opportunity. Misunderstood and misconstrued, ARTPOP will always be a mutiny, a grotesque and flawed little gem, close to hearts, and ever-green, against its ill-faded circumstances. 

Let me jump back to the present. I do love Chromatica. It is crisp, hopeful, and honest. Babylon is going to stay with me till the doomsday (god, the choreography was amazing!). But like ARTPOP, in sense of sonic textures, I wish it would have gotten more organic elements, aka Babylon and Enigma, both live and on the album, those songs show the true potential of the sophisticated, whimsical, surrealist signature of Gaga-Pop, a continuation of a musical narrative started by Marc Bolan, David Bowie, Kate Bush, etc. -left-field pop for the masses. 

Then, the interludes. Especially the sonnet, the last one. Stoic, confident, minimalist, aristocratic Lady Gaga leaves no crumble on the table. She is highly symbolic again, but this time it is digestible, and there is a sense of distance that protects her and makes us worship her glory. Imagine “The Sonnet” video as the visual backbone of LG7 -Gaga as an otherworldly, all mighty, cold shaman of pop.  Almost message-less, relying on the atmosphere and the aura, this Gaga is no victim, not even measurable by our standards, just a master of her craft, dominant, experimental, both cerebral and sensory, both futuristic and ancient… And most importantly, esoteric. This is the Gaga I’ve been waiting for since Born This Way. 

The Psychedelic interlude supports my idea with its references to early modernity -especially Bergman, Jean Cocteau, and Man Ray.. Those all-powerful, innovative, wicked artists. And Tamara (and the intro of Babylon) adds oriental absolutism to the whole. 

All of the interludes are supported with trance-techno kind of sounds. Hmm. It almost felt like a spacey, trance, psychedelic version of Ray of Light -a new sound for the mid-2020s? 

The look is on the lock. She should embrace the look of the interludes. I want this esoteric, confident, and illuminating Gaga to stay. The sound? It is also coded in the interludes. Trance, ambient, dark techno influenced sophisticated pop (Black Star -god, TCB was sooo Bowie!- meets Ray of Lights meets Kate Bush meets 90s techno/trance/industrial). 

Or ARTPOP/Chromatica done differently (like why wouldn’t one include those romantic synths of Chromatica Ball Babylon -or Enigma guitars- to the album version?) and carefully without leaning towards dance music. 

But one thing is for sure. “The Sonnet Gaga” is an untapped potential for Gaga. I can’t imagine the earthquake she can cause if she chooses to put herself on such pedestal of high art confidence. It is her world, we are just on life support provided by her art. 

If you agree with me, let’s manifest for her big, grand return with LG7. I want her to get those 9/10 across the globe. I want her to fulfill her early promise -truly an avant-garde pop star. And I hope she meets the right producer who would not bury her ideas under a singular musical texture. Chromatica Ball proved to me that she can do whatever she wants and the results will always be fascinating. This is just my dream scenario through my subjectivity. 

And I just wanted to put it out there so it does not get lost: TCB Sonnet interlude is beyond special! It is prophetic. 

TimotheeChalamet

Glad you liked the ball, but I didn't understand: you'd like Gaga to embrace the sound of the interludes for her next album and experiment with poetry? 

DpHitch1992
24 minutes ago, metalguru said:

And I hope she meets the right producer who would not bury her ideas under a singular musical texture

I really hope she has a session with boys noize again. 

chromaticainmyhead

I completely agree with you that the sonnet is something very outstanding (so is the whole show). Her digging into a more speechful music with a purer focus on poetry is a very interesting vision. I ask myself how this is manageable with her status now. She really managed her producers well now looking back at it and hearing the album with the understanding of TCB. I feel like the songs in Chromatica are still very underestimated in terms of poetry. May they wanted to push her more towards dancey music or not, she still really managed to create powerful songs that deliver clear poetry in its own sense that is beautifully supported by the music. To me it didn't really stand the test of GP since BloodPop was very likely brought into the project with Interscope hoping this album will be studded with hits as they probably hoped it is going to happen with Mark Ronson on Joanne. Turned out ROM was the only but obvious record that is popular now. Chromatica is a record for the masses to have a carthatic healing effect on the world. I could see her diving into a heavier influence of that tribal culture with the aesthetic of the sonnet interlude. She is an observer of the world and we are becoming more spiritual again so maybe there really is a wider willingness to accept a Gaga that leans into it and the artistic take on it with poetry, theatrical avantgarde niche seems very plausible. But given the masses she attracts now and still will in the future there will always be compromises to make to make her work more appealing and less enigmatic. 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

chromaticainmyhead
3 hours ago, Juanlittlem said:

Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jp

unnecessary. 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

metalguru
18 hours ago, chromaticainmyhead said:

I completely agree with you that the sonnet is something very outstanding (so is the whole show). Her digging into a more speechful music with a purer focus on poetry is a very interesting vision. I ask myself how this is manageable with her status now. She really managed her producers well now looking back at it and hearing the album with the understanding of TCB. I feel like the songs in Chromatica are still very underestimated in terms of poetry. May they wanted to push her more towards dancey music or not, she still really managed to create powerful songs that deliver clear poetry in its own sense that is beautifully supported by the music. To me it didn't really stand the test of GP since BloodPop was very likely brought into the project with Interscope hoping this album will be studded with hits as they probably hoped it is going to happen with Mark Ronson on Joanne. Turned out ROM was the only but obvious record that is popular now. Chromatica is a record for the masses to have a carthatic healing effect on the world. I could see her diving into a heavier influence of that tribal culture with the aesthetic of the sonnet interlude. She is an observer of the world and we are becoming more spiritual again so maybe there really is a wider willingness to accept a Gaga that leans into it and the artistic take on it with poetry, theatrical avantgarde niche seems very plausible. But given the masses she attracts now and still will in the future there will always be compromises to make to make her work more appealing and less enigmatic. 

Thanks for the insight. I agree that the poetic awakening has to happen soon but more unlikely right now considering her vast accessibility to the public. Yet I am hopeful for the future. I am sure she would choose the trailblazer role and become the holy mother of music! 

Remember how she presented herself at the iTunes festival during the piano segment? Dark hair, grungy, smacking a drum & whacking a writing-covered piano?

That.

The Metallica performance? That.

Girl, I want you leather-clad looking like a slung-together legit rock queen belting out anthems like "holding out for a hero" meets "Hammer to fall".

Hit the piano with "my immortal" & "Dream on" ANTHEMS.

I don't really care about choreo and popstar stuff like that, I want to go to a Gaga show next time and question if I'm getting out alive. Insert a mosh pit, insert the Gaga revolution. Stick it to the man, all men, breathe fire and mix it in with the Gaganess of creative visuals.

She's at her best when she's in free-flow. Other than the song itself, and the underboob & hat, Perfect illusion was heading for this kind of thing and it was power, especially Angel Down on the roof that time... just.. add a seasoning of Evanescence into it for that extra juju.

She kind of heads into it in a light way with HMH at TCB tbh

I have to stop, im salivating, I love her too much :firega:

In short... probably I'm here for the opposite of what you've said, even though that interlude was incredible.

Archived