MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

UPDATE: Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on stage in NY state/ Bad news

Guillaume Hamon

Featured Posts

Guillaume Hamon

We don't know much about his health state now but he was taken to an Erie, Pennsylvania hospital. The 75 years old "satanic verses" writer was apparently "punched or stabbed 10 to 15 times".

His writings and criticism of religious extremism led to deaths threats since the 80's after a fatwah was issued against him by the ayatollah Khomeini.

The bounty over his life remains active. While Iran's government distanced itself from Khomeini's decree, a quasi-official Iranian religious foundation added a further $500,000 to the reward 10 years ago.

A 24 yo suspect from Fairview was arrested.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/12/1117164727/author-salman-rushdie-was-attacked-on-a-lecture-stage-in-new-york

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2022-08-12/author-salman-rushdie-attacked-on-stage-at-event-in-new-york-sky-news

UPDATE:

Rushdie may lose an eye, nerves of his arms were cutted, he's now on ventilator and unable to speak...

https://www.outlookindia.com/international/-salman-rushdie-on-ventilator-likely-to-lose-an-eye-liver-stabbed-and-damaged-report-news-216065

Edited by Guillaume Hamon
  • Shook 6
  • Sad 15
alsemanche

this is terrifying...

Soft, soothing, and succulent // FOSSORA IS HERE
  • Like 1
calmar

He was attacked in Chautauqua, New York, a small town in the western end of the state, not in New York City (as per the title when I make this post.)

EDIT: It is also confirmed that he was stabbed in the neck.

Edited by calmar
俺の勝利は揺るぎない
  • Thanks 1
Cello

Wtf, so horrible. I hope he recovers 

she/her | no you can't be on my momma album
  • Like 1
SevenWonder

His book Midnight's Children is a masterpiece. Read it college and was blown away by his storytelling and mastery of the language.

This is horrific. 

• Love 1
KORG

"We're not evil, we just want peace and love" *stabs*

Honestly. America has more religious extremism than the middle East.

• Guillaume Hamon changed the title to Author Salman Rushdie attacked on stage in NY
Guillaume Hamon
1 hour ago, SevenWonder said:

His book Midnight's Children is a masterpiece. Read it college and was blown away by his storytelling and mastery of the language.

This is horrific. 

I'll read it thanks!

1 hour ago, alsemanche said:

this is terrifying...

Yes religious extremists are a poison...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
calmar

As an update, the attack likely cost him an eye, his liver was stabbed, and the nerves in one arm were severed. His attacker has professed sympathies with the government of Iran (which itself does not support the fatwā issued by the Ayatollah Khomeini against Rushdie.)

俺の勝利は揺るぎない
  • Shook 3
Guillaume Hamon
6 hours ago, calmar said:

As an update, the attack likely cost him an eye, his liver was stabbed, and the nerves in one arm were severed. His attacker has professed sympathies with the government of Iran (which itself does not support the fatwā issued by the Ayatollah Khomeini against Rushdie.)

Yes and he's on ventilator and unable to speak...

• Guillaume Hamon changed the title to UPDATE: Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on stage in NY state/ Bad news
Guillaume Hamon
14 hours ago, Cello said:

Wtf, so horrible. I hope he recovers 

His current state's pretty bad now reading the last news but I hope too!

• Sad 1
Guillaume Hamon
13 hours ago, KORG said:

"We're not evil, we just want peace and love" *stabs*

Honestly. America has more religious extremism than the middle East.

This man was brave beyond belief for defending freedom of speech when it comes to religious topics.

On french TV a guy who met him said he was always having his back on a wall, always checking around etc... He was under a protection program, he really took crazy risks...

• Like 1
calmar
3 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

This man was brave beyond belief for defending freedom of speech when it comes to religious topics.

On french TV a guy who met him said he was always having his back on a wall, always checking around etc... He was under a protection program, he really took crazy risks...

I know that in more recent years his attitude became "I need to live my life, screw it" and he began doing things without security. And, well... 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない
  • Sad 1
Guillaume Hamon
4 minutes ago, calmar said:

I know that in more recent years his attitude became "I need to live my life, screw it" and he began doing things without security. And, well... 

Yeah his only safe way to live was the semi -prison one it seems...

Just to not think the same way when it comes to religions...

Freedom of speech is an eternal fight.

littlepotter

I'm honestly surprised he survived without being attacked for this long... they've had it out for him for so long. He critizies religious extremism so of course they decide what better way to defend themselves than to prove his point... Disgusting swine

if i had everything i wanted, would i want more?
  • Like 2
Guillaume Hamon
3 hours ago, littlepotter said:

I'm honestly surprised he survived without being attacked for this long... they've had it out for him for so long. He critizies religious extremism so of course they decide what better way to defend themselves than to prove his point... Disgusting swine

Same tbh... He was extremely careful for many years and just wanted a slightly more normal life so they got him...

And yes they confirm him and the validity of his fight, I swear we'll always have to fight religious extremism...

He's a hero.