Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Disney+ & HULU Will Have New Pricing Models Starting From US Dec 8 2022

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Disney has announced that it’s raising the price of Disney Plus to $10.99 / month, up from its current price of $7.99 / month, starting December 8th in the US. The move comes as the company is looking to restructure its pricing options, which will soon include a $7.99 / month ad-supported tier.

Disney’s also raising the price of its Hulu subscription. The ad-free tier will jump from $12.99 / month to $14.99, while the ad-supported version will cost $7.99 / month, up from $6.99. The new pricing goes into effect on October 10th. A price hike for unbundled ESPN Plus streaming was announced in July, taking the monthly price from $6.99 to $9.99 / month.

The price increases affect bundled plans as well. Users with an ad-free Disney Plus subscription along with an ad-supported plan for Hulu and ESPN Plus will increase from $13.99 to $14.99 / month. Disney’s also introducing a bundle that includes Disney Plus and Hulu with ads for $9.99 / month. Meanwhile, Disney Plus, Hulu, and ad-supported ESPN Plus will cost $19.99 / month.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/10/23300460/disney-plus-price-increase-ads-streaming

Looks like more and more streaming services offering ad supported tier. I don't get it but maybe it is what it is moving forward? Netflix is next (2023)

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fantina

The only reason why I choose to stream shows is because there are no ads. Streaming is already expensive enough, no need for it to become even more pricey. 

STREAM LEGENDARY ON HBO MAX

RAMROD
7 minutes ago, Fantina said:

The only reason why I choose to stream shows is because there are no ads. Streaming is already expensive enough, no need for it to become even more pricey. 

Yeah, especially when we have to pay for it. If it is free tier with ads, it is still sensible :smh:

River

The ad package is just an excuse to raise the prices that they planned to raise anyway, now it’s “with a reason”

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

RAMROD
1 minute ago, River said:

The ad package is just an excuse to raise the prices that they planned to raise anyway, now it’s “with a reason”

All to appease investors :diane:

River
3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

And me, I need more content, so people need to pay more :vegas:

TortureMeOnReplay
16 minutes ago, Fantina said:

2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Disney+ was always planning to be more expensive. They were pretty clear when it launched that they recognize the value of a lot of older movies/shows and a few new IP wasn't worth as much as Netflix (when Netflix was several dollars cheaper as well). But they've built out a lot, and I think at least Disney+ is justified. Hulu just has 1-2 anchoring shows and I can see more people churning the platform. 

RAMROD
Just now, River said:

And me, I need more content, so people need to pay more :vegas::tony:

Maybe Agatha will have 20 episodes :tony: 

River
1 minute ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Disney+ was always planning to be more expensive. They were pretty clear when it launched that they recognize the value of a lot of older movies/shows and a few new IP wasn't worth as much as Netflix (when Netflix was several dollars cheaper as well). But they've built out a lot, and I think at least Disney+ is justified. Hulu just has 1-2 anchoring shows and I can see more people churning the platform. 

They just need to kill Hulu in the USA and turn in into Star+ like in the rest of the world, same content (minus Animaniacs, go figure lol)

River
Just now, RAMROD said:

Maybe Agatha will have 20 episodes :tony: 

I heard something like that, Daredevil will have 18 I think :firega:

TortureMeOnReplay
2 minutes ago, River said:

They just need to kill Hulu in the USA and turn in into Star+ like in the rest of the world, same content (minus Animaniacs, go figure lol)

I've never heard of Star+. Why would that be advantageous?

River
Just now, TortureMeOnReplay said:

I've never heard of Star+. Why would that be advantageous?

Because it’s merged with the Disney app and you have everything there, Disney, Fox, Hulu, ESPN and the rest even the 18+ content

Helxig
8 minutes ago, Benji said:

In this cost of living crises?  When pirating is free?  They’re brave.

wendy-williams.gif

Honestly as streaming services start pushing the boundaries I start inching back towards pirating again. I pulled my old torrent site back up for the first time in years recently

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Archived