Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
society

HealthCare Privatization Not Being Ruled Out In Canada's Largest Province

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-health-care-privatization-1.6547173

Canada's most populated Province Ontario is not ruling out the possibility of introducing some privatization into the Provinces healthcare as it scrambles to deal with random ER closures due to staffing shortages and chronic long wait times and hallway medicine

While the Province has no official plan to privatize some of its hospitals as of right now, they refused to rule out the possibility when asked by saying "all options are on the table"

Nurses Unions complain wages need to rise further in order to compensate for high work load that got worse ever since the pandemic if the Province hopes to retain nurses after a long rout of high turnover since the beggining of the pandemic

Economy

I know in Portugal where I used to live they have a hybrid system and it doesn't stop the public portion from operating and other Countries do this

But I worry without very careful regulation and planning (which I don't trust the Government to competently do)... This is just gonna lead to poorer care in the public sector as it looses priority and private sector takes all the resources (best doctors, nurses, surgeons etc) and the upper-middle class and the rich get better care while the middle class and low income get the scraps :neyde:

PartySick
20 minutes ago, Economy said:

@PartySickstill wanna move here? :poot:

So you're just becoming better America...I mean...beats Florida :laughga:

Daffodils and pale red carnations
  • LMAO 1
Nemo
1 hour ago, Economy said:

@PartySickstill wanna move here? :poot:

This would mean "privatizing" to a degree that's still more public than exists in the U.S.

• Like 1
ryanxjensen

On Reddit there was a letter someone received from their family doctor in Victoria telling them they would be kept as a patient for $125/month.. this includes just general prescriptions & checkups..

it’s ridiculous, I know we have it good compared to our neighbors down south but it’s a bit of a shock especially for our older population with fixed incomes! 

im scared of what quality of care awaits the next generation 

• Sad 1
gumzy3000

Ontario is going downhill fast, I really want to move out of here asap. I don't know why or how the people here have let it gotten so bad. There is no future here for anyone under 30 years old.

Thank goodness my parents bought our house a while ago but for the people who have nothing and have to start from scratch, life is going to become harder. We are getting to a point where the upper middle class is basically going to rule over the poorer people by being thier landlords and charging insane rents to pay off thier expensive mortgages (with high interest rates). And this will all happen while wages here are still not as competitive as American ones and cost of living will go up.

And now there are plans to privatize a part of healthcare? With how selfish our incompetent politicians are and how everyone here is trying to survive on such meagre incomes, I see this going very well. *Sarcasm* 

Bye Ontario, I am so sick of living here. 

Rant over. :crossed:

trolly troll troll
dit

My mom used to say a mix of both would be ideal but I actually worry what will happen is the government will begin to rely too much on privatization and will not increase the quality of public free health care as a way to kill two birds one stone (cutting funding AND getting ppl to not complain about wait times cuz now they can go private). I don't like this tbh...it opens up way too many possible problems. I would rather Canada focuses on ensuring we import more doctors from around the world. We are the #2 immigration country after Australia yet we make these international doctors have to restart their entire education to practice here. I think there should be an easy program of like 2 years so that foreign doctors who immigrate to Canada can transfer their knowledge and make sure it matches our health care standards and then they can immediatly pracitce after that 2 year program instead of just flat out rejecting them. I know so many doctors from the Middle East, South Asia or Eastern Europe who came here and then just decided to work as cab drivers or cashiers because they lost all drive to redo their entire education in order to practice again. It feels like a major waste of human resource, talent and ability.

Economy
17 hours ago, Nemo said:

This would mean "privatizing" to a degree that's still more public than exists in the U.S.

Oh for sure but it could be a start down the wrong road

TasteLikeWhiskey

This is hilarious to me. Where I am from, we are living in fear of the health sector being taken over by the state :billie:

I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong