Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Wikipedia says TCB has grossed $110 million

monstertoronto

Featured Posts

monstertoronto

I was reading the Wikipedia page for TCB and I was surprised to read this:

“As of June 16, 2022, Billboard reports the tour has surpassed $110 million dollars in ticket sales across its 20 shows.”

This is not a true statement as the Bill board article from June said that Gaga has cleared $80 million so far at the time. But that was two months ago so I am curious if someone updated the figure to reflect the current gross.  It would be so cool if this was true because many of us have been hoping this tour would pass the $100M mark and it seemed doable but also not a sure thing. 

Does anyone know where this $110M figure came from? 

SharkmanthaC

It’s not cited very well. I tried to follow the articles but nothing. It says Billboard claimed that figure but they didn’t. 

she/her/hers

monstertoronto
1 minute ago, SamanthaC said:

It’s not cited very well. I tried to follow the articles but nothing. It says Billboard claimed that figure but they didn’t. 

Ya, I went through the same process. I know anyone can update Wikipedia so maybe it’s just a hopeful fan. But I was hoping that number was actually based on something. 

monstertoronto
20 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

That's false ... billboard calimed it was 86 million 

Yes I know, I stated that in my original post. I was just hoping/wondering if there was another source that could corroborate the higher number.  Billboards $80m number was back in June with 2 months left to go, before many of the venues eventually sold out, so obviously the current number will now be higher than that now. I just wonder what it is now. 

Guillaume Hamon

https://www.out.com/music/2022/7/18/lady-gagas-chromatica-ball-world-tour-full-setlist-first-images#media-gallery-media-1

@monstertoronto

OUT magazine must be pretty reliable but their source is Billboard which only talked about 80 millions in the article we can find indeed...

Maybe Billboard journalists gave them the last estimations?

Nathan

Maybe the 86 mil was before additional shows added? 

As a side note, I hope she does a 2nd lap of Europe next year. 

monstertoronto
11 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

https://www.out.com/music/2022/7/18/lady-gagas-chromatica-ball-world-tour-full-setlist-first-images#media-gallery-media-1

@monstertoronto

OUT magazine must be pretty reliable but their source is Billboard which only talked about 80 millions in the article we can find indeed...

Maybe Billboard journalists gave them the last estimations?

I don’t think billboard would only update Wikipedia and not publish their own article about it. I’m guessing this is just from a fan. 

monstertoronto
3 minutes ago, Nathan said:

That figure was after the additional shiws were added but it was 2 months ago, so she’s def sold a lot of tickets since then  

it Would be nice if she did another leg if the tour but we’ve been assured by the tour promoter that no further dates will be added  

Nathan
1 minute ago, monstertoronto said:

That figure was after the additional shiws were added but it was 2 months ago, so she’s def sold a lot of tickets since then  

it Would be nice if she did another leg if the tour but we’ve been assured by the tour promoter that no further dates will be added  

Sad Lonely GIF by Pokémon

Maxine Puth
2 hours ago, Nathan said:

She has to film starting December and then she has a revamped residency next year, not sure when or how she’d bring back another leg of the show :messga:

I think 110M is well within reach? Its more or less what I guessed based on her previous stadium grosses on JWT.

Helxig

Maybe if she comes to Australasia she will get over the $100mil mark :huntyga:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Archived