science

Earth Speeding Up... May Require Leap Second

Featured Posts

Economy

https://nypost.com/2022/08/01/scientists-baffled-as-earth-spins-faster-than-usual/

Earth's rotation speed has been picking up over the past half century for reasons not fully understood. This last June 29th Earth had the shortest day ever recorded a full 1.59 milliseconds shorter than 24 hours

While it may seem extremely trivial, these differences add up over years and atomic clocks are extremely precise and they are now saying if fast rotation continues we may need the first ever negative leap second, meaning our clocks would skip a second

It's also believed a leap second could be challenging to coordinate into integrated IT systems

• Shook 9
AnnaNicoleSmith

Earth hates us so much they're literally done, they tried covid, now monkeypox now they think maybe i should just rotate faster so they all get dizzy and pass out. Sis please forgive us it's not our fault i know who's guilty!!!! Click below to see who's responsible for this mess

Spoiler

d36a577dece285287fb7ec493fa5f3f0.gif

• LMAO 20
Meat
4 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

Earth hates us so much they're literally done, they tried covid, now monkeypox now they think maybe i should just rotate faster so they all get dizzy and pass out. Sis please forgive us it's not our fault i know who's guilty!!!! Click below to see who's responsible for this mess

Hide contents

d36a577dece285287fb7ec493fa5f3f0.gif

Oh they’re gonna come for you :air:

NATAH

all the wind from taylor's constant jet flying has caused the wind to pick up and spin the world faster

DAE47-B3-B-C172-449-B-BFA9-5-DB3-C420513

mother, what must i do?
  • LMAO 14
PartySick

Weird 'cause since the formation of the Moon, Earth's rotation has been slowing (from 8hr days to 24hr days over ~4 billion years)...now it's speeding up? :enigma:

The end times are here :enigma:

I'd do anything to numb the flame
  • LMAO 2
  • Shook 2
VTV

Dont let FB boomers or QAnons get a hold of this. It'll sent them into end-of-time frenzy :enigma:

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA
Mindblown
25 minutes ago, VTV said:

Dont let FB boomers or QAnons get a hold of this. It'll sent them into end-of-time frenzy :enigma:

The earth is flat to them. The earth isn't spinning 

mean-girls-duh.gif

• LMAO 1
catsounds

this is just a pointed way for them to get us all in a panick and deny our wrights!!11 how much more proof do you need that the world doesn't spin because it's flat, this speeding up defies even your 'science'!!11

poordat
  • LMAO 4
RudraCNG

Came to make a joke on Taylor but it looks like I'm late to the party :bear: bye

Edited by RudraCNG
WheresMy911Alice
2 hours ago, Magic Mike said:

Found why I feel dizzy 

2 hours ago, LateToCult said:

Not Earth trying to shake us off like fleas

2 hours ago, weed said:

earth is moving into overdrive omg

Us standing still in 2030

Buster Keaton Storm GIF

• LMAO 1
RAMROD