💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Reworking Chromatica's Tracklist

slayo

Featured Posts

slayo

I love Chromatica, but I always thought the standard edition of the album was missing a bit of that old-school Gaga authenticity. Gaga holds so much power in her writing skills and her ability to deliver a spectacular vocal performance on a ballad. Chromatica's strict dance-only tracklist allows us to forget Gaga's range, but I think with a few adjustments Chromatica could be considered one of her best albums to date. I made a few changes to the tracklist in my Apple Music Library and wanted to share my thoughts.

Chromatica being split into three acts is a great way to set the scene for a cinematic experience. The first and second acts are pretty solid. Personally, I don't care for Plastic Doll (I swapped it with the far superior Ashnikko remix), but that's mostly all I would adjust for on the first two acts. The third act is where Chromatica needs work. I always wished the third act matched the length of the first two acts, making Chromatica an 18-track album. Now that Hold My Hand has been released, and it was developed at the same time as Chromatica, I think it would make a great addition to the end of the album's arc. Hold My Hand is a great ballad and I think fans would be open to loving it a lot more if we could all forget its association to the war propaganda film.

Chromatica's two Target-only bonus tracks are two of the best offerings from the whole era. 1000 Doves (Piano Demo) added so much to the deluxe edition of the album, giving us a raw take that should've been kept the way Gaga originally intended. Bloodpop ruined the track by insisting on turning it into that cheap final product. Love Me Right would also be a great addition to the end of the album's standard version, giving us a softer side of Chromatica that I think the other two acts lack. Love Me Right being placed between 1000 Doves Piano Demo and Hold My Hand would give Chromatica's ending the drama and depth it deserves. Babylon is the best way to close out the album, dancing our way through the pain and strutting it out to the gossip.

So with a few tweaks, this is my personal version of Chromatica. Do you think Chromatica needed any changes? Would you have switched up the singles at all? I like to think that this version would have made a lot of fans happier, and maybe the general public would've taken this album more seriously with these additions

1. Chromatica I
2. Alice
3. Stupid Love
4. Rain On Me
5. Free Woman
6. Fun Tonight
7. Chromatica II
8. 911
9. Plastic Doll*
10. Sour Candy
11. Enigma
12. Replay
13. Chromatica III
14. Sine From Above
15. 1000 Doves*
16. Love Me Right
17. Hold My Hand
18. Babylon

* = Ashnikko Remix and Piano Demo

Thanks for reading!

Make it stupid!

Dr Fudge

I agree that if I were to tweak the album, it would be adding to act III, however, while I like HMH, I don’t think it sonically works well with Chromatica. Love Me Right would have been a great addition and even one more high tempo disco track between Love Me Right and Babylon would have worked brilliantly. Actually, I would have also switched out the piano demo of 1000 doves as well. It’s a nice breather from the high energy dance of the rest of the album.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

whore

I would personally tweak it a lot more than this. It really seems like every demo that we’ve heard so far is superior to the final released songs, and I can tell that her original vision was compromised by her team. I would be interested in the original Free Woman album, and yes that excludes Sour Candy and Sine From Above because she did not conceive those tracks. 

ChrissyBot

Chromatica I

Alice

Stupid Love 

Rain On Me

Free Woman 

SOPHIE song

Chromatica II

Plastic Doll 

Sour Candy 

Enigma

SOPHIE song

Chromatica III

Sine From Above

SOPHIE song

Babylon

ChrissyBot
2 hours ago, ***** said:

I would personally tweak it a lot more than this. It really seems like every demo that we’ve heard so far is superior to the final released songs, and I can tell that her original vision was compromised by her team. I would be interested in the original Free Woman album, and yes that excludes Sour Candy and Sine From Above because she did not conceive those tracks. 

Yea me too. I would also be interested in this ‘Free Woman’ album. It would include Alice, Stupid Love, Rain On Me, Free Woman (ofc), 911, Plastic Doll, Enigma, Replay, Babylon, the SOPHIE tracks, and the Boyz Noize tracks. 
So we can assume Fun Tonight, Sour Candy, 1000 Doves, and Sine From Above we’re conceived in late 2019?

Schizophonic

pretty sure fun tonight, plastic doll and enigma were her main starter points. she propably had fun as working title for the album because she tagged for a long time with "fun", "no fun", "fun tonight", "i said NO!" and similar things

whore
19 hours ago, chromaticpop said:

Yea me too. I would also be interested in this ‘Free Woman’ album. It would include Alice, Stupid Love, Rain On Me, Free Woman (ofc), 911, Plastic Doll, Enigma, Replay, Babylon, the SOPHIE tracks, and the Boyz Noize tracks. 
So we can assume Fun Tonight, Sour Candy, 1000 Doves, and Sine From Above we’re conceived in late 2019?

I’m curious to know why you think Fun Tonight and 1000 Doves is later? I feel like the piano demo of 1000 Doves is part of the original album she wanted us to hear before she was encouraged to make a dance album

ChrissyBot
7 hours ago, ***** said:

I’m curious to know why you think Fun Tonight and 1000 Doves is later? I feel like the piano demo of 1000 Doves is part of the original album she wanted us to hear before she was encouraged to make a dance album

Cuz I feel like Fun Tonight MIGHT have been about Christian Carino and the aftermath of their breakup and how he *apparently* just used her for her fame, so with that I always assumed it was written later than the others. And with 1000 Doves
 idk it just feels late to me idk why lol

also I thought 1000 Doves was always meant to be a dance song cuz didn’t Gaga say she didn’t wanna make Joanne 2.0 when she made 1000 Doves?

ChrissyBot
22 hours ago, Schizophonic said:

pretty sure fun tonight, plastic doll and enigma were her main starter points. she propably had fun as working title for the album because she tagged for a long time with "fun", "no fun", "fun tonight", "i said NO!" and similar things

That is really interesting! Though I think I do remember either her or her team mentioning that they found direction with the album when Alice, Stupid Love, Rain On Me, and Enigma were made. I do remember her “I said NO!” post, but I don’t remember her referencing Fun Tonight on other posts tbh

also I think it would be really cool if she did a track by track commentary talking about when the songs were made and the creative process 

whore
5 hours ago, chromaticpop said:

Cuz I feel like Fun Tonight MIGHT have been about Christian Carino and the aftermath of their breakup and how he *apparently* just used her for her fame, so with that I always assumed it was written later than the others. And with 1000 Doves
 idk it just feels late to me idk why lol

also I thought 1000 Doves was always meant to be a dance song cuz didn’t Gaga say she didn’t wanna make Joanne 2.0 when she made 1000 Doves?

This is what she said about 1000 Doves (and I would imagine Chromatica as a whole) the other night: 

(SPOILER: you will see a costume from TCB) 

huttont
On 7/26/2022 at 11:49 PM, chromaticpop said:

Chromatica I

Alice

Stupid Love 

Rain On Me

Free Woman 

SOPHIE song

Chromatica II

Plastic Doll 

Sour Candy 

Enigma