đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
audio

Babylon (Early Version) [Remastered + Mixed]

Dayman

Featured Posts

Dayman

I'm far from the first or last person to do this, but I took the haus labs stems, some filtered stems of the early version and then mastered it. Just a quick little project for the night. Enjoy!

Download Here - Vocaroo Link

002.gif

Original Diva

As much as I adore the HL and EV versions of Babylon, this mix just sounds a little too busy and jarring, which may be part of the reason why we never got this version in the first place (aside from it not sonically fitting in with the rest of the album)

excuse me no

Dayman
7 minutes ago, Original Diva said:

As much as I adore the HL and EV versions of Babylon, this mix just sounds a little too busy and jarring, which may be part of the reason why we never got this version in the first place (aside from it not sonically fitting in with the rest of the album)

Tbh I think if they just cut out most of those "uh-huh" vocals and handled the backings similar to how they were handled on both final tracks in terms of volume then it would have been fine. The guitar getting swapped for the TB-303 was a good move, but like once that is done the funkiness of the initial demo is gone and the vocal mix of the final Haus Labs makes the most sense.

Original Diva
1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Tbh I think if they just cut out most of those "uh-huh" vocals and handled the backings similar to how they were handled on both final tracks in terms of volume then it would have been fine. The guitar getting swapped for the TB-303 was a good move, but like once that is done the funkiness of the initial demo is gone and the vocal mix of the final Haus Labs makes the most sense.

I think listening to this mix, one of the main things that throws me off is the vocal layering and how sometimes the vocals collide with the production (such as the pre-chorus).

I think one of my issues with the DOC HL version of Babylon was that there was so little vocal layering and dimension that the song kind of fell flat. I'm sure there would be a way to find a balance so that there is vocal layers that create more depth to the song without making it sound too jarring

excuse me no

Dayman
12 minutes ago, Original Diva said:

I think listening to this mix, one of the main things that throws me off is the vocal layering and how sometimes the vocals collide with the production (such as the pre-chorus).

I think one of my issues with the DOC HL version of Babylon was that there was so little vocal layering and dimension that the song kind of fell flat. I'm sure there would be a way to find a balance so that there is vocal layers that create more depth to the song without making it sound too jarring

Yeah the vocal layering is rough on the demo. Everything pretty much just has a uniform volume that makes it hard to make sense of what is the lead and what is the backing, resulting in them pretty much just constantly competing for attention. The prechorus and the bridge are the most egregious sections though imo.

Archived