Jump to content
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Filming Chromatica Ball screens - advice needed


Featured Posts

knee

I'm planning to film the Chromatica ball using the side screens as below -

I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max 256gb. Will also bring a power bank - can anyone with a good understanding of this phone and it's filming detail let me know what is the best option to film this in via the amendable options in settings? Ie 4k? FPS? My battery health states 100%. 

I'm also going to try and find something to mount the phone to right by me, so the footage isn't a shakey mess. Just conscious of the bass in the area though bc when I did this for another artists tour, strapping my phone to a seat, the seat started to shake from the audio (even tho no live singing - guess who) so the footage wasn't great. I just ended up just ripping the audio. I can't make any promises RE this footage bc it might be a complete failure but you'll get the full show audio from a date at the very minimum.

Edited by knee
  • YAAAS 8
  • Love 10
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • knee changed the title to Filming Chromatica Ball screens - advice needed
Magic Mike

I guess 30fps is good when using 4k, but i personally feel 24fps is more cinematic but then again I don't feel 4k is for me absolutely necessary in order to have a good quality video. i'd invest in a good audio recorder that you could attach to the phone. 

  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
M i K E Y

God bless you for doing this

☠︎︎
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
VillainTina

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas :glamourpuss::gayhat:

Queen Of Red M&M's /// Linda Evangelista /// Id Like To Keep It On Please 😶
Link to post
Share on other sites
danbekim

if you have all of that 256gb available you should do it in 4k 60fps to get the full experience, but I think 30fps is enough

If you have some rad remixes you made laying around, send it to me!!
Link to post
Share on other sites
InTheCloset
56 minutes ago, knee said:

I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max 256gb.

My broke ass is planning to upgrade from a 7 to an 11 pro max:fatcat:

Im in love with Nate Jacobs and i have never ever been happier.
Link to post
Share on other sites
knee
37 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

My broke ass is planning to upgrade from a 7 to an 11 pro max:fatcat:

Oh trust me by no means do I throw money at everything lol, I just really enjoy my tech

Link to post
Share on other sites
knee
46 minutes ago, danbekim said:

if you have all of that 256gb available you should do it in 4k 60fps to get the full experience, but I think 30fps is enough

How many gigs do you think I'd need? I currently have 132gb free - can get more if I organise my phone

Link to post
Share on other sites
danbekim
2 minutes ago, knee said:

How many gigs do you think I'd need? I currently have 132gb free - can get more if I organise my phone

I am not sure, but I think just incase keep it at 30fps

If you have some rad remixes you made laying around, send it to me!!
Link to post
Share on other sites
andy232000
5 minutes ago, knee said:

How many gigs do you think I'd need? I currently have 132gb free - can get more if I organise my phone

Since the show is 2 hours, filiming at 4K 60fps might be too much for 132gb free. Like another user said, 30fps is more than alright and its usually the standard. 60fps might actually look bad to the eye because we are not used to seeing footage at that quality. 

If you get a hold of doing this successfully please tag me! I edit all gaga tours and I could use your footage to make it onto a decent looking bootleg! 

Edited by andy232000
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
andy232000
1 minute ago, andy232000 said:

Since the show is 2 hours, filiming at 4K 60fps might be too much for 132gb free. Like another user said, 30fps is more than alright and its usually the standard. 60fps might actually look bad to the eye because we are not used to seeing footage at that quality. 

If you get a hold of doing this successfully please tag me! I edit all gaga tours and I could use your footage to make it onto a decent looking bootleg! 

When/what show will you be doing this? 

Edited by andy232000
Link to post
Share on other sites
knee
Just now, andy232000 said:

Since the show is 2 hours, filiming at 4K 60fps might be too much for 132gb free. Like another user said, 30fps is more than alright and its usually the standard. 60fps might actually look bad to the eye because we are not used to seeing footage at that quality. 

If you get a hold of doing this successfully please tag me! I edit all gaga tours and I could use your footage to make it onto a decent looking bootleg! 

so 30fps 4k sound ok?

of course :-) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
andy232000
2 hours ago, knee said:

so 30fps 4k sound ok?

of course :-) 

Yes, 30fps is alright! Thats how most movies shoot footage. 60 fps really only works when you are shooting something in slow motion of capture really detailed movement. Also, almost all social media displays only at 30fps, so even if you use 60fps you might just end up with a heavier file that will still look like 30 :laughga:

 

other tips when recording: 

 

since you’ll be recording the screen, try to keep the brightness of your phone on the lower-minimum range as screens reflect light. If your exposure is too high the video will look “burnt” and filled with white areas, specially highlights. It’s better that the footage is under exposed than over exposed. Burnt footage cannot be fixed! 
 

also, the measurements of the screens will most likely not match your phone, so in order to fit the whole picture without having “black bars” on the sides, you’ll have to zoom in a bit. On the other hand, editing wise sometimes it’s best if you don’t fit the whole screen because that way when you edit you can pick which part of the picture to discard and have more control over the composition 

Edited by andy232000
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
knee
4 hours ago, andy232000 said:

Yes, 30fps is alright! Thats how most movies shoot footage. 60 fps really only works when you are shooting something in slow motion of capture really detailed movement. Also, almost all social media displays only at 30fps, so even if you use 60fps you might just end up with a heavier file that will still look like 30 :laughga:

 

other tips when recording: 

 

since you’ll be recording the screen, try to keep the brightness of your phone on the lower-minimum range as screens reflect light. If your exposure is too high the video will look “burnt” and filled with white areas, specially highlights. It’s better that the footage is under exposed than over exposed. Burnt footage cannot be fixed! 
 

also, the measurements of the screens will most likely not match your phone, so in order to fit the whole picture without having “black bars” on the sides, you’ll have to zoom in a bit. On the other hand, editing wise sometimes it’s best if you don’t fit the whole screen because that way when you edit you can pick which part of the picture to discard and have more control over the composition 

thank you for this! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...