Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Nope - 82% Rotten Tomatoes

OhHenny2020

Featured Posts

OhHenny2020

D14-E2-B3-B-7-F0-C-4-E01-918-D-710532-F5

1-ABF7276-CFBB-4721-B1-A8-5-A3-AC0-C082-

Anyone else pumped to see this!? I think I’m going tomorrow night! I absolutely loved Get Out and Us! So excited! :woohoo:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Future Lovers

Hopped immediately to Metacritic because Rotten Tomatoes is deceptive and the worst possible site to use to get an accurate representation of what critics are actually saying about a movie. My ant-RT campaign will never cease! 

But I'm pleased to find that the actual critic scores are broadcasting another win for Jordan! 

Screen-Shot-2022-07-21-at-12-46-57-AM.png

So excited for this film! 

OhHenny2020
8 minutes ago, Mr Mendes said:

Hopped immediately to Metacritic because Rotten Tomatoes is deceptive and the worst possible site to use to get an accurate representation of what critics are actually saying about a movie. My ant-RT campaign will never cease! 

Why did I see this coming before I hit ‘post’ like I was running into a brick wall. :messga:

Anyway

Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

since I’ve browsed the internet for movie review sites, I always just resort back to RT, and I agree with what the ratings were for Us and Get Out 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

edit: also his last two movies slayed, I really doubt he failed us this time, I LOVED them!

OhHenny2020
6 minutes ago, GUY27 said:

I saw it last night at a media screening and seeing it again tomorrow night 🙃

How was it???? (without spoilers)

Future Lovers
25 minutes ago, OhHenny2020 said:

Why did I see this coming before I hit ‘post’ like I was running into a brick wall. :messga:

Anyway

Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

since I’ve browsed the internet for movie review sites, I always just resort back to RT, and I agree with what the ratings were for Us and Get Out 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

edit: also his last two movies slayed, I really doubt he failed us this time, I LOVED them!

My advice is to always use Metacritic for film reviews. 

Rotten Tomatoes scores are a percentage of the posted reviews that are positive (6/10 or higher) whereas Metacritic is an average of the scores themselves with a slight weight to them depending upon publication. So say a movie on RT has 95 reviews and all 95 reviews are a 6/10. That would mean the movie has a 100% despite the scores themselves actually saying the movie is a D/D- film. Rotten Tomatoes also allows reviews from non-reputable authors as long as they're RT verified whereas MC only accepts reviews from established and reputable physical and digital publications. 

But yes I agree, his films are fantastic and that is reflected in the actual review scores themselves. The numbers are not as high (Get Out has an 85 on MC and Us has an 81, both officially "universally acclaimed) as on RT but they're still very high compared to the typical movie. That's a ringing endorsement of his skill as a filmmaker and a writer. 

OhHenny2020
5 minutes ago, Mr Mendes said:

My advice is to always use Metacritic for film reviews. 

Metacritic also gave Mean Girls 66 

Spying Octavia Spencer GIF by #MAmovie

Future Lovers
9 minutes ago, OhHenny2020 said:

Metacritic also gave Mean Girls 66 

Spying Octavia Spencer GIF by #MAmovie

They didn't, the critics did! Even on RT where it has an 84% but the average score per review is just a 7/10. 

Flippy

I’m watching it tomorrow at 4:00! So excited! :flutter:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

TortureMeOnReplay

You know after seeing like 3 different trailers while at the theater etc I still have no clue what this movie is actually about. 

weed
1 hour ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

You know after seeing like 3 different trailers while at the theater etc I still have no clue what this movie is actually about. 

Aliens :flower:

Archived