opinion

Share your CBT impressions

Bat

Featured Posts

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Meat said:

People in this thread are literally saying things like “Gaga is mediocre” and  “Gaga doesn’t know how to perform” and you’re telling me my comment is the problem? Lmao okay. Anyway, if anyone is an OG fan, they’ll know that her tours always evolve and get better as the dates go by. I’ll see myself out.  

I literally saw one (1) person saying this. And the people you keep mentioning weren't one of them. This is a forum get used to people criticising things.

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

I’ll give my pros and cons like most.

Pros: 

The whole vibe/theme of the show is incredible, it’s not what I expected at all from Chromatica. Way more dark and sinister, DarkGa is back!

The whole show reminded me of an Alexander McQueen fashion show, Gaga and Nick Knight are the most perfect duo and it gives me goosebumps to see them working together again.

Her vocals were just stunning and seeing her get emotional really touched me.

Cons:

MTN, HML, Venus, SHICD, DID, PD and SFA being excluded from the set list.

Not enough merch but who knows they could add more. 

Noir

Highlights: Alice, Bad Romance, Replay, Sour Candy, ATUTW, Babylon, Born This Way (didn’t think I’d enjoy the acoustic info pop version transition but it worked).

other highlights include her vocals, the outfits and i loved the interludes and think they were so strong, plus I liked the simplicity of the ‘ACT I’ etc coming up before each section. 

I wish there was more of a concept like TFM/BTW but I understand not every tour can be like that and this is Gaga returning to the stage again, so it was always going to be different. 

I think the setlist feels more like a Greatest Hits than a cohesive theme running throughout. I wish it didn’t, but it does. I’m glad she performed Enigma that was unexpected but I was shocked to not see Applause, Scheiße and Government Hooker/Judas on there. I also think she could’ve skipped Telephone and just mashed LoveGame/Sour Candy together. I’d say 7.5/10 but then again I’ll wait to see it in the flesh before I draw complete conclusions. 

RodeckDanny

OMG So Can someone confirm she is NOT receiving any kind of presents / letters from fans?

'Cause I'm seeing her in 8 days and I'm preparing something but If she's not doing it I don't wanna waste money :(

Clarifying that I'm already spending a **** ton of money traveling to another country and buying golden circle

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

Meat
3 minutes ago, SOON said:

This is a forum get used to people criticising things.

Thats ironic considering each time someone criticises other artists like Taylor, Dua or Billie, the threads get miraculously shut down. Maybe it should be the same for everyone then? 

BlingNotTheMusic

For those of y'all that have seen the show, can you give me some insight? We have seats in the very back left ON THE FLOOR, so do you think we'll still be able to see everything? People are saying there were no screens of her...

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu

eunino
10 minutes ago, SOON said:

I liked the show from what I've seen so far but I have some positive and "negative" comments.

I liked how she abandoned the pink plastic aesthetic and put on a dark show.

I think the visuals for the tour is her best ones so far and my FAVORITES from her as general :firega:

The wardrobe was good however I'd love to see some wig changes.

Setlist was all over the place for me. Not opening with a chromatica song was weird and I'd keep Babylon towards the end of the show or even as the last song. LoveGame really doesnt fit the theme, Perfect illusion however would be a better fit and Joanne stans would be happy maybe. As for ARTPOP, she could've performed Applause. And where is Scheisse, Marry the Night and Sine from above? Especially MTN with all the flames bursting, that would be cool.

And the stage, I liked the brutalism concept but what did it add to the show exactly? And it didnt have a storyline attached to it from what I've seen. Enigma residency had more interesting stage and props (example, the scheisse robot thingy)

But Gaga looked so pumped and happy to perform on a tour again so I guess that is what's important the most.

Yes she should have definitely opened with a Chromatica song (aka Alice), even though I loved the opening act. It just felt like it took 3 songs to finally get into the theme (that explains why it started counting as act I after that, but still a bit unnecessary division for me). And yes, I think closing the show with Babylon would make a lot of more sense than Hold My Hand. But thats the thing, usually artists close shows with their biggest hit and that was the first time she ever played HMH live (which is not even on the Chromatica theme) so it felt awkward.

I also didn’t understand BTW piano part - studio version - back to piano songs. 

But then again, I really liked the show and the way she presented something completely not obvious with tribes and neon plastic aesthetics.

Just now, Meat said:

Thats ironic considering each time someone criticises other artists like Taylor, Dua or Billie, the threads get miraculously shut down. Maybe it should be the same for everyone then? 

All of your comments in this thread were comments against people not liking the stage. And they DIDN'T say anything bad about Gaga herself, just the stage and some people criticised the setlist. Totally not the same thing you are saying.

2 minutes ago, Noir said:

Highlights: Alice, Bad Romance, Replay, Sour Candy, ATUTW, Babylon, Born This Way (didn’t think I’d enjoy the acoustic info pop version transition but it worked).

other highlights include her vocals, the outfits and i loved the interludes and think they were so strong, plus I liked the simplicity of the ‘ACT I’ etc coming up before each section. 

I wish there was more of a concept like TFM/BTW but I understand not every tour can be like that and this is Gaga returning to the stage again, so it was always going to be different. 

I think the setlist feels more like a Greatest Hits than a cohesive theme running throughout. I wish it didn’t, but it does. I’m glad she performed Enigma that was unexpected but I was shocked to not see Applause, Scheiße and Government Hooker/Judas on there. I also think she could’ve skipped Telephone and just mashed LoveGame/Sour Candy together. I’d say 7.5/10 but then again I’ll wait to see it in the flesh before I draw complete conclusions. 

Overall, she kind of needs to reconsider the inclusion of: Just Dance, LoveGame, Telephone & Alejandro. I really like all of them better than Bad Romance and Poker Face but there is no point in including them on every tour if she's not doing anything exciting with them. Poker Face, Bad Romance & Born This Way are really the only songs from her first three albums that need to be included on every tour because they are the signature singles from their albums.

What I don't get is why she also doesn't bother remixing/re-inventing them a bit. It's pretty obvious she's a bit tired of performing them over and over again, so why not spice them up a bit? Why not adjust them to fit the new material or their section placement, sonically.

Mr Ricky
4 minutes ago, RodeckDanny said:

OMG So Can someone confirm she is NOT receiving any kind of presents / letters from fans?

'Cause I'm seeing her in 8 days and I'm preparing something but If she's not doing it I don't wanna waste money :(

Probably don't spend money on it, a written paper at the most for luck. But she threw a pink wig away in the midst of her performance. :ally:

Crossfit

Pennywise

I love that she skipped the boring/terrible songs from Chromatica :hor: 

I don't have many opinions about the setlist. The end should have either been more energetic or on a higher note than HMH. 

The interludes/visuals were amazing, but I expected WAY better from certain songs such as Babylon or Rain on Me. Both choreo and visuals were lackluster for those. For Babylon I would expect the whole stage to turn into Studio 54 or at least a regular disco. I liked the performance, but I expected more from that part. 

Overall, a return to the monster side of Gaga, which I love. I think it's gonna get better in the future shows (though there are like 15 :laughga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Just now, Joe N said:

What I don't get is why she also doesn't bother remixing/re-inventing them a bit. It's pretty obvious she's a bit tired of performing them over and over again, so why not spice them up a bit? Why not adjust them to fit the new material or their section placement, sonically.

I'd love for this to happen. She could even turn songs that doesn't fit the theme into something actually fits. With more haunting vocals or a fresh instrumental that's staying loyal to the original song but somehow feels new.

Sneaky Oliver

Guys it came down to the point she has too many songs. Unlike Monster Ball or BTW Ball when she used to perform the whole album. Every tour from now on will have old songs cut out like Paparazzi, You and I and Alejandro have been cut this time around. It doesn’t mean they will never come back in the future. I’m sure it will be a lovely surprise!

Also for the stans saying Oh this is not Chromatica at all. Well if Gaga who invented Chromatica herself says it’s Chromatica so we’re not supposed to say the opposite  

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

Archived