đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

3 Michael Jackson songs removed from streaming services

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Stephen
25 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I know, it's so bad. And as much as I like some of the songs on Femme Fatale, it's also an era where she was the most miserable and medicated. We as fans probably enjoyed that because it has that catchy/generic Dr. Luke production all over it but I'm curious to hear from Britney how much of that album did she enjoy making.

I remember hearing that originally she was going in a more rock direction like Don't Keep Me Waiting, before they scrapped it and brought Luke in. I still think FF is an incredible pop album. A lot of the production still holds up for me.

Britney said after the album came out that her favorite songs are Criminal and He About to Lose Me. Interesting that they're two of the least electronic sounding. :oprah:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123
1 minute ago, Stephen said:

I remember hearing that originally she was going in a more rock direction like Don't Keep Me Waiting, before they scrapped it and brought Luke in. I still think FF is an incredible pop album. A lot of the production still holds up for me.

Britney said after the album came out that her favorite songs are Criminal and He About to Lose Me. Interesting that they're two of the least electronic sounding. :oprah:

Criminal and He About To Lose Me are also two of my favorites! Glad to know she likes these so that's something. I feel so bad for her, it's like she lost her soul after Blackout. Every release after that you can see it in her eyes that she's jus being robotic. Maybe after Circus.

Stephen
3 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Criminal and He About To Lose Me are also two of my favorites! Glad to know she likes these so that's something. I feel so bad for her, it's like she lost her soul after Blackout. Every release after that you can see it in her eyes that she's jus being robotic. Maybe after Circus.

She seemed more present while making Circus but it was also extremely rushed by her team. I think that's why the Circus tour was mostly Blackout songs :billie:

2School4Cool

I always felt really weird about the Michael album, it feels wrong to rework and finish songs out of unfinished works of an artist who has passed away. At least with Xscape they released all of Michael’s original demos along with the reworked songs. The Michael album had some great songs but I was never really able to look past the vocal controversy, especially when Michael’s own family didn’t believe it was him singing. I have no doubt Michael Jackson, being the perfectionist he is, would have approved of that album’s creation or release. I’m honestly glad they decided to remove these three songs (even though I always did actually love Keep Your Head Up and Monster).

See The Best In Everyone

Cello
9 minutes ago, 2School4Cool said:

I always felt really weird about the Michael album, it feels wrong to rework and finish songs out of unfinished works of an artist who has passed away. At least with Xscape they released all of Michael’s original demos along with the reworked songs. The Michael album had some great songs but I was never really able to look past the vocal controversy, especially when Michael’s own family didn’t believe it was him singing. I have no doubt Michael Jackson, being the perfectionist he is, would have approved of that album’s creation or release. I’m honestly glad they decided to remove these three songs (even though I always did actually love Keep Your Head Up and Monster).

Totally agree with you. It's not the same when the finished songs aren't Mike's own vision. I mostly just listen to the Xscape original demos. 

she/her

2School4Cool
1 minute ago, Cello said:

Totally agree with you. It's not the same when the finished songs aren't Mike's own vision. I mostly just listen to the Xscape original demos. 

Same here, I don’t even know if I’ve listened to the full Xscape album from start to finish, I had the demos on repeat when they came out though. 

See The Best In Everyone

Werewolves Wanted

Sounds like they need to rerelease it with more legit vault songs :partysick:

Werewolves Wanted
2 hours ago, pachinko said:

What are bogus vocals?

There is a theory that the vocals in those songs aren’t MJ! The popular theory is that a specific singer, Jason Malachi, was used instead of Michael. There is definitely some Michael on those tracks, but since they were initially demos there is a chance they were never finished, as Michael has a tendency to go into a recording studio with the lyrics unfinished and will sometimes adlib instead. With this, there’s a slight chance they just hired a sound alike to fill in the gaps. However, it’s never been proven and @Celloand @PartySickcan explain better!

Tyler1992

Posthumous songs without the artists permission are so tasteless. Michael was a known perfectionist with hundreds of unreleased songs- no way he would have approved of this. 

Take all of them down.

PartySick
12 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

They did this with Britney Jean songs when she's very much alive, imagine what they'd do for an MJ album. Greedy record labels lol.

Well, the thought it it was actually the Cascio family that faked the tracks and sold them to Sony 'cause MJ worked on music with them in the mid/late 2000s when he and his kids stayed with them. Sony put them on the album totally unaware of the validity either way.

I hate to think about that though 'cause those boys literally grew up with MJ :rip: they met when they were just little kids in the early 1980s (their dad worked with MJ) and the Cascios were one of his secondary families.

So the thought of Frank and Eddie betraying him after all those years is very upsetting tbh.

Every song (even the three that made it to Michael) is so good too :rip: 

13 hours ago, Reginald said:

Monster was that bop, though, put it back! :ladyhaha: 

:ph34r: The demo > 

Before Pocket Change was thrown on it. I downloaded the demos for all...11?of the Cascio tracks, plus the final versions of All I Need and Burn Tonight, to have them on Spotify and I won't apologize for it :ladyhaha:

Assuming the vocals are fake, which only Frank, Eddie, and James Porte would know, I do wonder how much involvement MJ had in the songs. 'Cause they're definitely dripping with his style so I can safely assume he at least produced the demos.

đź–¤

PartySick
11 hours ago, Dirty Diana said:

There is a theory that the vocals in those songs aren’t MJ! The popular theory is that a specific singer, Jason Malachi, was used instead of Michael. There is definitely some Michael on those tracks, but since they were initially demos there is a chance they were never finished, as Michael has a tendency to go into a recording studio with the lyrics unfinished and will sometimes adlib instead. With this, there’s a slight chance they just hired a sound alike to fill in the gaps. However, it’s never been proven and @Celloand @PartySickcan explain better!

Omg I want people to leave Jason Malachi alone so bad :sharon:

That poor man's only known crime so far is sounding like Michael in his own music. He's never been tied to the Cascios so him catching flack for this makes me so sad :toofunny: imagine being heavily influenced by someone just to have their fans hate you :bradley:

But if he is ever connected :grr: Mamacita, Let Me Go, Bigger Man, Critical, and Hydraulix are GONE :grr:

But yeah, there's zero chance in my mind MJ didn't at least produce these songs. And his voice sounded so different in the 2000s, even on the 2004 demos he did with Brad and later recordings like Best of Joy in 2008/2009, that it's hard to tell with certainty :bradley:

đź–¤

PartySick
11 hours ago, 2School4Cool said:

Same here, I don’t even know if I’ve listened to the full Xscape album from start to finish, I had the demos on repeat when they came out though. 

The original demos are available on Xscape though! The remixes are trash but MJ's "work in progress" songs are great, as is expected 

đź–¤

PartySick
10 hours ago, Tyler1992 said:

Posthumous songs without the artists permission are so tasteless. Michael was a known perfectionist with hundreds of unreleased songs- no way he would have approved of this. 

Take all of them down.

Well, MJ never had an issue with releasing demos really. The fourth disc of the Ultimate Collection was nothing but demos and the various J5 compilations and anniversary versions of albums had demos everywhere :lolly:

I'm not sure he would have liked the fact that they reproduced the songs from Michael (2010) or remixed the songs on Xscape but we have his original visions for most of those songs that I wish they'd release instead of messing with his work.

I think they understand that now too 'cause Thriller 40, coming out in November, is supposed to have a lot of demos that we've never heard :tony:

đź–¤

PartySick

Anyway, this has been your MJ lore keeper :samanthac:

Drink plenty of water, hug your friends, and stream literally any MJ song for a healthy glow. Remember that love lives forever :kiss:

đź–¤

Werewolves Wanted

@PartySickhow ballsy would it be if the estate had Jason featured on one of the songs :bradley: Starlight (feat. Jason Malachi) coming for the charts 

Archived