About TCB Spoilers... PLEASE do not put spoilers in thread titles as we have some users wishing to remain spoiler free. Please show kindness and respect. Thank you! ×

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
politics

Content of call between Macron and Putin to be revealed in documentary

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

6d9ae59_0778415f155a4cff94894c58f9fb6bb8

The filmed exchange took place on February 20, four days before the war. Mr. Lagache followed the almost two-hour-long interview from the office of the head of the diplomatic cell of the Élysée, Emmanuel Bonne.

He recorded as Mr. Macron tried to push Mr. Putin to an agreement "in principle" to meet with Joe Biden in Geneva.

The film includes nine riveting minutes in which the Russian president explained that the Ukrainian government "is not democratically elected" but the result of a "bloody coup d'état" during which "people were burned alive," and for which Volodymyr Zelensky "is one of those responsible." 

Mr. Putin said it was "always a lot of pleasure" to speak with Mr. Macron, including from his gym, and made some promises. Behind the scenes, Mr. Bonne warned Mr. Lagache that the Russian president "always lies." In fact, the meeting between the Russian and American presidents never took place.

With excerpts from this call having been published in the last few days across various media, the Russian agency took offense and stated on Twitter that "for a long time the French have not respected the diplomatic rules of negotiations."

Source - https://www.lemonde.fr/en/international/article/2022/06/30/macron-riles-russia-with-documentary-releasing-content-of-putin-calls_5988537_4.html

Benji

Of all the world leaders I’d be interested hearing speak to Putin, Macron has got to be very low down the list.  He’s an appeaser.

• Like 2
bionic

Is this the phone call in which Macron offered parts of Ukraine to Putin?

buy bionic
  • Like 1
AnnaNicoleSmith

This is actually so interesting

AnnaNicoleSmith
1 hour ago, bionic said:

Is this the phone call in which Macron offered parts of Ukraine to Putin?

This is apparently an exaggeration of what he truly said. Someone reworded it but he didnt really say that, i forgot where i read it but basically fake news and clickbaity

berlinforme

Am I the only one finding it a bit weird to have the content of such 'important' or at least high-profile diplomatic negotiations revealed in a documentary? Did they at least get an Apple TV+ exclusive deal? :vegas:

bionic
59 minutes ago, berlinforme said:

Am I the only one finding it a bit weird to have the content of such 'important' or at least high-profile diplomatic negotiations revealed in a documentary? Did they at least get an Apple TV+ exclusive deal? :vegas:

Exclusive to the Meghan and Harry Spotify podcast :sis: 

buy bionic
  • LMAO 1
Dennis
1 hour ago, berlinforme said:

It's probably because they don't care about Putin anyway and probably don't expect to hold talks with him anymore in the future.

• Like 1