opinion

are we embarrassing ourselves? Beyoncé & Gaga

Dojo

Featured Posts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phantomhive

Beyonce stans not only dragged Chromatica for its "outdated EDM sound" but also dragged it for being the type of music that only white gays listened to. It definitely wasn't just something that was pulled out of someone's ass but I'm not about to search every nook and cranny of twitter for 2 year old receipts.

Ever since that Beyonce song came out, I've seen a lot of qrts from monsters listed under the lady gaga topic on twitter responding to Beyonce stans who're doing the most from comparing the song's stats to SL every single day in its first week of release to the amount of attention of the album cover reveal so let's not act like this stan war has been perpetuated from our side only. I swear some of y'all who feel like they've moved on from fighting other fanbases just went to fighting other people within the same fanbase which really isn't any better.

The fact of the matter is that these stan wars will never cease. A lot of us in the fanbase who've been around long just ignore it and the ones who do participate in it won't let anything convince them to stop.

In I fly on wings of winter.

JazzGa
2 hours ago, Reginald said:

Stan Culture is imploding right now- everyone is releasing music, but everyone is flopping/underperforming :ladyhaha: It's brutal out here.

Finally we stans are getting proof that music succeeds because of either a) growing interest with the GP and casuals or B) industry promo and inside deals. #1s are not made because of the deranged obsessive behavior of a few dozen/hundred stans playing stuff on repeat and dragging similar musicians :flop:

If stans really wanted their faves to succeed, they would play the new single for their mailman, buy a copy for their grandma, and send the link to everyone in their math class. But no, they just wanna look cool and tough and make mean commentses anonymously on the internetz for personal clout :flop:

Edit: Also why do stans of female artists always try to sabotage other nonthreatening female artists (i.e. Normani stans leaking Beyonce's BMS) and WHY ISNT ANYONE SABOTAGING DRAKE? :air:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

ChrissyBot

And now the Beyoncé stans are making it a race war talking about “don’t compare Beyoncé to Gaga you white demons” **** like that. Beyoncé Stan’s are ridiculous. These Stan’s need to get a life. And who’s “we” not all of us are jobless Twitter Stan’s who have nothing better to do than argue with people on Twitter.

killme89

I think it’s simple , when chromatica came out it felt so similar to this. The dance resurgence, the colors the fun vibe. And I really do remember people saying it was dated and boring and sounded like 2010s music ect. So I think some people (including me) are sort of “salty” about that still. That’s not Beyoncé’s fault tho. I do think as a fan base we’re starting to sound like Madonna fans whenever gaga released anything in 2011. I think it’s jealousy combined with frustration. That’s not including the ignorant people who think gaga invented dance music because we all know she didn’t. That’s a whole other conversation. 

Dojo
7 minutes ago, chromaticpop said:

And now the Beyoncé stans are making it a race war talking about “don’t compare Beyoncé to Gaga you white demons” **** like that. Beyoncé Stan’s are ridiculous. These Stan’s need to get a life

1 hour ago, Phantomhive said:

Beyonce stans not only dragged Chromatica for its "outdated EDM sound" but also dragged it for being the type of music that only white gays listened to. It definitely wasn't just something that was pulled out of someone's ass but I'm not about to search every nook and cranny of twitter for 2 year old receipts.

Ever since that Beyonce song came out, I've seen a lot of qrts from monsters listed under the lady gaga topic on twitter responding to Beyonce stans who're doing the most from comparing the song's stats to SL every single day in its first week of release to the amount of attention of the album cover reveal so let's not act like this stan war has been perpetuated from our side only. I swear some of y'all who feel like they've moved on from fighting other fanbases just went to fighting other people within the same fanbase which really isn't any better.

The fact of the matter is that these stan wars will never cease. A lot of us in the fanbase who've been around long just ignore it and the ones who do participate in it won't let anything convince them to stop.

are they really making this about race?

more reasons to stop adding fuel to the fire! who cares if they were mean towards chromatica more than 2 years ago! 

Dojo
20 minutes ago, JazzGa said:

If stans really wanted their faves to succeed, they would play the new single for their mailman, buy a copy for their grandma, and send the link to everyone in their math class. 

mean girls bake a cake GIF

Phantomhive
35 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

are they really making this about race?

more reasons to stop adding fuel to the fire! who cares if they were mean towards chromatica more than 2 years ago! 

If you've been on twitter long enough, you'd know that some fanbases particularly ones of black artists like bey and nicki like to use the race card when they wanna drag their fave's white women peers like Gaga and even taylor who i dont even care for.

In I fly on wings of winter.

Chromatica Island

We embarrass ourselves everyday lmao:ladyhaha:

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Leoooo

I don't know why I assumed that because I had stopped caring about fan wars and Stan dramas everyone else did, but this surprised me to read! I look at real people and I know lodes of fiesty ass gays, nobody thinks like this outside of the internet in my life and I hope to Gaga it always stays that way 

Emvee

I’m inclined to believe these are people who are nearing their 30s doing this? 

It’s beyond embarrassing 

CAPRISONGS
7 hours ago, Julia Fox said:

no but seriously, did they really dragged her for that? or are we just making up stories now to justify this behaviour pooja?

nawr-its-trew-rakeitoop.gif

NCgaga

Why are we concentrating on this? You think the Beehive has threads like this? Haha, umm no. They think Beyonce is god and the inventor of everything. It’s good for her fans to be put in their place sometimes. 

weed

LMs and every other fan base lol have u ever heard people talk about who’s the best athlete/etc it’s literally same 

Archived