politics

Russia reduces gas flow to Germany

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

Winter is going to be fun! :bear: If it's cold, Russia's ports at the Baltic might freeze and after the so-called Kaliningrad blockade, Russia will not be able to use the Kaliningrad port (the one that doesn't freeze), then obviously Russia will cease gas supplies to Europe in the winter, when it needs it the most.

I'm wondering now if the fossil fuel sanctions were a good idea. It seems to be hurting Europe a lot more than it's hurting Russia and any strategy that hurts u more than ur enemy seems like a bar war strategy...

Putin worked it out to sell most of the loss to Asia. They are still gonna get the majority of lost revenue while Europe goes thru an energy crisis

• Like 1

That's why sanctioning Russia was a really bad idea.

Now Putin will take revenge on Europe, and without gas we will have a really cold winter. Prices will rise. Many businesses will close. People will get poorer.

• LMAO 1
  • SamanthaC changed the title to Russia reduces gas flow to Germany
FfFfFfFF
2 hours ago, Economy said:

I'm wondering now if the fossil fuel sanctions were a good idea. It seems to be hurting Europe a lot more than it's hurting Russia and any strategy that hurts u more than ur enemy seems like a bar war strategy...

Putin worked it out to sell most of the loss to Asia. They are still gonna get the majority of lost revenue while Europe goes thru an energy crisis

What Europe should have done is completely wean itself from Russia's gas long ago. Now the countries that let themselves fall into this toxic dependency will suffer (coughh Germany). As far as I know Germany still bypasses sanctions and is paying for gas in rubles. Paradoxically the EU is paying more money to Russia now than it did before the war.

Relating to the second point: are you sure Putin managed to sell the unsold gas to Asia? I am quite impressed if he did because Russia doesn't have infrastructure connecting its reserves with China.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Lady Gaga said:

That's why sanctioning Russia was a really bad idea.

Now Putin will take revenge on Europe, and without gas we will have a really cold winter. Prices will rise. Many businesses will close. People will get poorer.

Yes let's just let him kill civilians and children and wreak havoc.

9 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

What Europe should have done is completely wean itself from Russia's gas long ago. Now the countries that let themselves fall into this toxic dependency will suffer (coughh Germany). As far as I know Germany still bypasses sanctions and is paying for gas in rubles. Paradoxically the EU is paying more money to Russia now than it did before the war.

Relating to the second point: are you sure Putin managed to sell the unsold gas to Asia? I am quite impressed if he did because Russia doesn't have infrastructure connecting its reserves with China.

Yeah they should have but they didn't so I was mainly refering to recent decisions

And I don't know about the gas part of it I was mainly talking about oil which most of it has been rerouted

I'd imagine natural gas is harder to reroute since if it's not liquified transporting options become extremely limited

• Like 1
Just now, Lady Gaga said:

where did I say that? you are putting words into my mouth. 

"that's why sanctioning russia was really a bad idea"

There are only two ways to compel Russia to stop, either through economic sanctions or military escalation.

1 minute ago, Lady Gaga said:

sanctions aren't stopping Putin , they are only damaging Europe's economy

And they're not damaging russian economy, causing a projected 10% decline in GDP this year? 

5 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Yes let's just let him kill civilians and children and wreak havoc.

I think his/her point is some of the sanctions in energy don't adress this problem anyway and do way more harm to Europe than it does to Russia especially when it comes to oil

Oil prices have surged since the war in part because of fears of supply loss. Russia has managed to reroute the majority of their lost production and the small bit they haven't been able to reroute is easily offset by the higher prices (even with the $10 to $20 a barrel discount they have been selling their oil for as incentive for buyers)

So ur helping them while hurting the West

Intentions don't always equal results

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dennis said:

And they're not damaging russian economy, causing a projected 10% decline in GDP this year? 

Yeah but not from energy sanctions. Swift cut off and other bans are the bulk of this damage not ebergy

2 minutes ago, Dennis said:

No. In fact the ones benefiting from the sanctions are China and India

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/21/world/asia/asia-is-buying-discounted-russian-oil-making-up-for-europes-cutbacks.html

If you think the sanctions will damage Putin, you are wrong. He will find someone else to sell his oil. Remember that only USA and Europe are sanctioning him, the rest of the world is there profiting from this situation. It's the Europe that will the most damaged, not Russia. 

4 minutes ago, Economy said:

Yeah but not from energy sanctions. Swift cut off and other bans are the bulk of this damage not ebergy

Energy sanctions are very much needed and are the cornerstone of any strategy aimed at long term damage for Russian economy. I suggest following this guy, who posts detailed insights on this issue:

htttps://www.twitter.com/RobinBrooksIIF

Edited by Dennis