science

CDC investigating outbreak among gay and bi men (meningococcal disease)

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Knife

Not during Pride Month. 

Go get that vaccine if you're going to be kissing, and s'ing d's y'all. :glamourpuss:

• Like 2
aaronf4242

If it’s been more than 5 years since your vaccine, you need another one if you’re sexually active. I live in Florida and made sure to get one. Be safe y’all. 

Rj Barker

Grim, grim grim.

I had bacterial meningitis about 7 years ago. It put me in hospital for 3 weeks. I had to have CSF fluid drawn from my spine 8 times. My doctors told me if I had not bothered coming to the hospital when I did I would of probably not made it through the night.

Meningitis is no joke. Stay safe and get a jab.

Tinnitus15

I’ve always wondered why some serious disease are spread within the gay community?Like why?

Tinnitus15

Don’t get me wrong,but every article about infections in the gay community makes me feel sexual less and less.There’s HIV for so many years,now blaming gay and bisexual men for the outbreak of monkey pox and suddenly this.

• Thanks 1
Rj Barker
8 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

I’ve always wondered why some serious disease are spread within the gay community?Like why?

I think it partially due to us as a community tend to have larger social circles and are out and about more than our straight counterparts. Especially during pride season.

• Like 2
Helxig

NO MORE 'GAY DISEASES'!!

We don't want the straights to start using this against us and bringing up old stereotypes that gays are gross diseased people  :smh:

Edit: meningitis is also really horrific and you can die or get brain failure the same day you show symptoms so this is actually terrifying. I'm never having sex at this rate.

My celibate era. Saving myself for... death? :laughga: 

Edited by Helxig
I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Thanks 5
Economy
7 hours ago, Tinnitus15 said:

Don’t get me wrong,but every article about infections in the gay community makes me feel sexual less and less.There’s HIV for so many years,now blaming gay and bisexual men for the outbreak of monkey pox and suddenly this.

Monkey pox is predominantly spreading between non straight males tho and it is said anyone can get it and spread it tho

They aren't lying :enigma:

• Shook 1
Tinnitus15
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

Monkey pox is predominantly spreading between non straight males tho and it is said anyone can get it and spread it tho

They aren't lying :enigma:

That’s why I asked why?Why non-straights?:vegas:

Edited by Tinnitus15
WheresMy911Alice

Never heard of "meningococcal disease" wtf :partysick: reading the article now 

Economy
14 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

That’s why I asked why?Why non-straights?:vegas:

As a bi guy I can tell u men have way lower social inhibitions or caution regarding to sex than women do as a general rule.

Straight men do no have sex with strangers as often as they might like cuz women are a little less active that way or more cautious. Often they wanna go on dates first etc not just quickly jump on a hookup... And if and when sex does occur they demand condom use more etc to avoid pregnancies and stuff

Gay men do not have those restrictions because they are with other men. So they tend to have hookups more frequently and many of them more wrekclessly also

So it's not cuz their gay it's cuz they are men :ladyhaha:

That's my take on it. And I'm generalizing of course obviously these behavior differences don't apply to all men and all women

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
Judas Society

Because a lot of diseases can spread through sexual relations. The advancement of having PreP these days made everyone feel superhuman and forgo protection like as if other STDs doesn't exist.

• Like 2