She also composed Chromatica I , II and III :vegas:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
1 hour ago, Helxig said:

From doing ONE album???

Can someone explain to me how someone becomes one of the top 4 most successful female composers by composing one album?

I get that the movie was huge, but to me this reads more as 'there aren't enough women getting hired to compose blockbuster films' than anything

But also werk and congratulations queen. Yet another award for the museum

I low-key feel ashamed not to know who the other 3 are.

Meat
Just now, elijahfan said:

I low-key feel ashamed not to know who the other 3 are.

One of them did Chocolat's score, one worked on Avengers and the third one on Joker.

elijahfan
Just now, Meat said:

One of them did Chocolat's score, one worked on Avengers and the third one on Joker.

Thank you, I just looked each of them up.

My favorite female composer is Mica Levi, it's truly incredible that there aren't more of them.

Meat
Just now, Economy said:

How are they ranking this? Based on sales of songs they wrote?

Based on the box office numbers of the movies they are credited on.

Levine

"Rihanna is the most successful woman in music born in barbados"

"taylor swift is the most successful singer with blonde hair, green eyes and a name becoming with the letter T"

Where is this energy a thread like something above is created? Not little monstrosities being her biggest haters.

_

To stay in relevant and successful matters: congrats to her :applause:

Meat
Just now, Levine said:

"Rihanna is the most successful woman in music born in barbados"

"taylor swift is the most successful singer with blonde hair, green eyes and a name becoming with the letter T"

Where is this energy a thread like something above is created? Not little monstrosities being her biggest haters.

_

To stay in relevant and successful matters: congrats to her :applause:

Every time I post a positive Gaga related thread, they hardly reach more than 2 pages and most of them are filled with troll posts (just happened yesterday with the Spotify thread). But if someone even dares to joke about Taylor or Dua, they are immediately dragged to filth and the mods close the thread. Priorities :shrug:

Levine
6 minutes ago, Meat said:

Every time I post a positive Gaga related thread, they hardly reach more than 2 pages and most of them are filled with troll posts (just happened yesterday with the Spotify thread). But if someone even dares to joke about Taylor or Dua, they are immediately dragged to filth and the mods close the thread. Priorities :shrug:

That's so true and I've been noticing it lately that a positive thread about her not even reaches 3 pages. So sad

weed

That's so sad omg :nooo: and the fact that all the woman are still young and working... none passed away, none working in 60s or 80s or etc... sooo sad!! But this means great progress. Maybe Gaga will create a wave of female composers

So amazing, looking forward to the work she'll do in the future :legend:

I was certain being #4 among female composers would at least put her in the top 100 overall, the imbalance is pretty crazy. She should already be a bit higher up overall, since they broke 800M the other day?

ModernEcstasy

The way this woman has more talent in her pinkie, than I will ever have in my lifetime……:giveup:

I’m so pleased for her. I hope this helps give a little push for more women in the industry. Things need to change! 

Meat
2 minutes ago, Nite said:

So amazing, looking forward to the work she'll do in the future :legend:

I was certain being #4 among female composers would at least put her in the top 100 overall, the imbalance is pretty crazy. She should already be a bit higher up overall, since they broke 800M the other day?

Yes, she'll easily reach #80-90 on the overall list in a month.

Archived