Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gaga could have lied for TIHTY’s Emmy

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

According to a Television Academy representative, “The minimum cue sheet percentage for eligibility is 20 percent. Diane and Gaga worked it out internally that Diane had 90 percent, so Gaga was not eligible and hence did not join Diane on the entry form.”

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/lady-gaga-not-nominated-emmys-diane-warren-7438916/amp/

but nobody knows who only wrote something not until you actually tell them you only wrote that in particular

and now that i think about it, would they have lied if not for Linda Perry snitching on them? cause gaga produced and basically gave life to the song there’s no way both of them wouldn't want to give that effort justice despite this strictly being a songwriting award

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tylerjs

I remember reading that (maybe Diane had said, not sure) that she basically wrote everything and Gaga made changes in terms of like a few lyrics max  and otherwise it was Diane’s body of work. So I am not at all surprised by this, I actually thought it was known Gaga had very little real involvement other than performing the song:lolly:

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

GAGAVENUS

Gaga has sole production credits of it though, which should always count as writing credits in my opinion because it has so much to do with the composition of the song

bionic

Lying sure seems like a good way to get disqualified and banned in the future

buy bionic

androiduser

just accept that Gaga got the finished song and made minor adjustments and agreed to the 10% writing credit because that was fair. Singing and producing is not songwriting.

nodandsmile

their awards, their rules!!

if they think she did not do enough to be credited then so be it 

they'll be other opportunities, no need to lie

Until someone performs it, a song is just stuff written on paper. Never mind who wrote it, Gaga took  that song and created something to remember.

Don't want to get overly philosophical about it, but that applies to all songs. How good or bad is any song ? Well, which version are you talking about ?

Cameltoe Chariot

I mean... I'm glad she was honest and agreed to a fair percentage? I'm proud of the fact that Gaga has a moral standard around songwriting credit unlike SOME girlies in the industry... :triggered:

Spoiler

Screen_Shot_2019-04-15_at_2.11.04_PM.jpg

Borisapillar
28 minutes ago, MOT said:

Until someone performs it, a song is just stuff written on paper. Never mind who wrote it, Gaga took  that song and created something to remember.

Don't want to get overly philosophical about it, but that applies to all songs. How good or bad is any song ? Well, which version are you talking about ?

If that were the case, Madonna would have two Oscars. I’m not so sure I agree with you, but it’s an interesting argument.

Guillaume Hamon
13 minutes ago, dojo said:

is this confirmed? 

linda actually said that?

She heard warren's original demo then said that what Gaga did wasn't writing songs cause it was just changing the lyrics slightly.

Lyrics change is songwriting tho and Warren herself said "Gaga arranged the sh*t out of it" with arrangements being songwriting as well.

Gaga also produced the songs but it's songwriting credits only that were considered for certain awards nominations.

ManuelColon
46 minutes ago, MOT said:

Hun the award goes for songwriting and producing, not to who is the singer most adequate to perform and transform a song. 

Anderson123

I'm so happy Gaga's first Oscar was for Shallow instead of Til It Happens To You. I like how things played out with that even though the meaning of TIHTY is very important and the performance was such a moment but that is Diane's song. I rarely listen to the song anyway, it's so depressing.

Archived