Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Reasons why Gaga doesn’t do collabs on other albums?

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

Tinnitus15

She’s said that she’s opened for collabs with other artists,but I’ve never fully understood why is she not doing collabs?Is it cuz of her UNIQUENESS(cuz she has it) or?

Tinnitus15
Just now, erfaan said:

Sometimes I wonder if people are too scared to ask her. 

Why so?She’s lovely!Her and Taylor are the only artists who I’ve known for missing on other artists’ albums.Taylor started doing some last year I think :/  

Economy
11 minutes ago, erfaan said:

Sometimes I wonder if people are too scared to ask her. 

10 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

Why so?She’s lovely!Her and Taylor are the only artists who I’ve known for missing on other artists’ albums.Taylor started doing some last year I think :/  

Even Beyonce admited she was shy to ask Gaga and this was when Gaga was new :ladyhaha:

Economy
1 minute ago, Citrom said:

Maybe her voice is hard to fit in on other musicians songs

It's literally such a versatile voice tho :rip:

Tinnitus15
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Even Beyonce admited she was shy to ask Gaga and this was when Gaga was new :ladyhaha:

Oh she’s special!

Chesescake

I always thought she just trying to create a sense of exclusivity.

Lucas

Honestly no idea and I really wish she did more. She can do 1/2 collabs on other artists' albums in between her eras I guess, it would be great to see another side of her

Anderson123

Gaga started her career smashing the doors of pop music so she has always been someone who goes big with everything she does. With that New Kids on the Block feature, I'd say she was so new and she was trying to make it big but with stuff like Kendrick Lamar and Cher, there have been creative differences in the studio. I think with those artists there were a lot of people involved and knowing the perfectionist she is, she probably didn't like what they were trying to do with her voice or her songs. She has also said that as a woman in music there have been a lot of people who didn't take her serious as a songwriter so maybe she just wanted to stick to her own work due to other people wanting to have control over her.

As of right now, I feel like she's slowly letting these things happen more and this is probably because the producers she works with have helped her not only to make the music she wants but to really be there for her as friends (DJ White Shadow, Mark Ronson, Bloodpop) instead of just seeing her as a money making machine.

I actually kinda like there's just a couple of songs with "feat. Lady Gaga", gives her brand some kind of exclusivity.

GipJo

Personally I think it's because Gaga loves/wants to be included in the creative process even when it's a feature, but many collabs usually done by you submitting a voice demo and that's all. For many artists Gaga might be very hard to work with because of this, especially artists that don't write songs themselves.

NATAH

when was the last time she did it? on that what-his-name Nelson album right?

mother, what must i do?

jacs vs looser

Well, she scraps a lot of her collaborations, maybe that has something to do with it. 

Wixson
21 minutes ago, NATAH said:

when was the last time she did it? on that what-his-name Nelson album right?

2011, 3-Way (The Golden Rule):rip: She did background vocals on Nelson's songs. 

AnglerfishbraBENUS

i think she likes for them to have an organic mess or purpose. 

for Rain On Me specifically - it was the perfect mix of what makes Gaga GAGA and what makes Ariana, Ariana. 

hope this helps!

Archived