Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyond The Trailer talks about Gaga and Harley Quinn

Featured Posts

Anderson123

Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. :applause: Could Joaquin win another one for the same character?? :udidnt:

Ziggy

If she did this role (and tbh I’m not super into another Harley rn), I really hope she doesn’t lean too hard into an accent. I think it works for Margot and Margot’s Harley but I feel if she goes full Patrizia it’ll be hard to really see the character and instead you’re just seeing the “acting” if that makes sense. Some accent, sure, but just less extreme than Harley might normally have in media as idk if this movie would suit it

G U C C I

I am 1000% for her doing this movie but the reason it seems like such an amazing idea to me is that Todd Phillips really gave such an amazing version of the Joker that seemed like real life as much as it possibly could. The mental health issues and the societal breakdown and his role in it were perfection for me. I think Gaga could not only thrive but give the best performance of her career period if they continue in the same vein. However, I do agree with Grace that Gaga is Poison Ivy. That is the "superhero/villain" role I always dreamed of seeing her in. It fits her so well. But I can see her making Harley really work and given her career-long narrative of bad romances and abusive/traumatic/mental health struggling moments this falls in line perfectly. 

What would make it perfect, and much to Grace's point is that they need to have Harley and Ivy together as soon as possible to keep from getting lost in a relationship that viewers already know so well even with a new telling. Gaga's Harley could already be in a relationship with the woman who becomes Poison Ivy and her transformation happens later. I don't know how DC/WB would handle altering the storyline of the characters that much but it would be exciting and new. 

8 minutes ago, G U C C I said:

I am 1000% for her doing this movie but the reason it seems like such an amazing idea to me is that Todd Phillips really gave such an amazing version of the Joker that seemed like real life as it possibly could. The mental health issues and the societal breakdown and his role in it were perfection for me. I think Gaga could not only thrive but give the best performance of her career period if they continue in the same vein. However, I do agree with Grace that Gaga is Poison Ivy. That is the "superhero/villain" role I always dreamed of seeing her in. It fits her so well. But I can see her making Harley really work and given her career-long narrative of bad romances and abusive/traumatic/mental health struggling moments this falls in line perfectly. 

What would make it perfect, and much to Grace's point is that they need to have Harley and Ivy together as soon as possible to keep from getting lost in a relationship that viewers already know so well even with a new telling. Gaga's Harley could already be in a relationship with the woman who becomes Poison Ivy and her transformation happens later. I don't know how DC/WB would handle altering the storyline of the characters that much but it would be exciting and new. 

It's true, in a lot of ways Gaga has this "alpha" assertive vibe naturally so her challenge would be to play as the opposite. Normally as an actor u should be able to do that, but she's so early in her career i don't know. I also think look-wise she's more poison ivy

poison ivy GIF

Archived