Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Jurassic World Dominion (2022)

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

e8a.jpeg

I have watched this movie, and hummm..., :oprah:

It was OK on the most part. Probably 7.5/10 for me.

Review, what's new, what I like and dislike after the jump. 

Please put all spoilers discussion with spoiler tag like one below:

Spoiler

WARNING! This contains spoiler content!

Spoiler

LAST CHANCE! NO TURNING BACK!!

Spoiler

What's New:

- Therizinosaurus (Alive)

- Giganotosaurus (Dead) - Main dino villain, very small role

- Blue Jr. (Alive)

- Atrociraptor (Unknown)

- Dreadnoughtus (Unknown, most likely alive)

- Quetzalcoatlus (Unknown, most likely alive)

- Gigantic scientifically doctored locusts (some died/neutralized)

- Biosyn, evil scientific corporation, main villain (HQ Destroyed)

- Biosyn CEO, Dr. Lewis Dodgson, aka Evil Tim Cook, main human villain (Dead)

- A vast private land in Dolomites, Italy, the new hidden sanctuary for the dinos

What I like:

- The OG trio reunion. And they work together as a team much better this time.

- Owen & Claire still together & becomes acting parents to Maisie

- Claire & Ellie Sattler got fun action scenes together

- Ian Malcolm also had cool solo scenes 

- New character, Kayla Watts is awesome!

- Dr. Ellie Sattler & Dr. Allan Grant finally becomes an item at the end! 

- Dilophosaurus quick scenes returns

- Black market scenes, cool thing in the changing world and I can definitely see that actually exist if real world are like that. 

What I dislike:

- This movie is 147 minutes long. And a total misdirect from the trailer & the mini movie.
There are very little suspense cos this movie are focusing more on the humans, and there are a lot more dialogue than dino chase. For anyone who looking forward to thriller type Jurassic movie, well, I got bad news for you!

- The stakes are very low, like, very little death in this one. All the protagonists managed to survive and escape unscathed, like, come on. 

- And because the film focusing more on the humans, all the dinos we know and love such as: Mosasaurus, Rexy & Blue got very little camera time

- New character, Kayla Wattsm's role are too small 

- That clone girl arc is so boring. And she became so bratty. Like, girl, please. i already don't like you from the last movie. Dare me to dislike you more. :triggered:

- Barbasol tin can from the OG Jurassic Park making appearance but no explanation why.  One can just guessing if anything implies with that scenes 🙄🙄

- Dr. Henry Wu redeemed. After all these years, I really wish for him to be chomped by Rexxy. But not happening  :triggered:

- Mid conclusion. Pleasing to some, but kinda lazy ones tbh.

There are more, but I might missed them. Might return after watching it again in cinema. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

KORG

I am a fan of the franchise, its very relaxing for me, but the reviews of this one just make me think its an Oscars style movie with no hope of an Oscar nod. I wanna see people getting ripped apart.

gabeoz

I just left the theater and I thought it was okay. I really enjoyed the second half of the movie, but the first half felt like it was a jumbled mess, quickly switching between locations trying to string together a storyline that connects all the characters in the same place with waaaay too many convenient plot devices/characters. I think a big issue was that the movie was just so fast paced that it jumps from situation to situation leaving absolutely no time to build suspense or create consequence, they're thrown into a situation and make their ways out 30 seconds later.

While I definitely wish the storyline itself was different, I really do think there's a potential for a good movie. Even taking out like half of the scenes in the movie and fleshing out the other ones would've made it so much better. It also didnt help that the guy sitting next to me wanted to loudly nit-pick every single scene from the very beginning, making everyone around him just as miserable as he was, leaving me unable to enjoy the parts I did really like. :selena: I really did enjoy the last half where they slowed it down slightly and gave more time for the characters and dinosaurs to actually breathe a little bit.

In the end, I think that the movie does end at a good place that leaves a lot of potential for another movie/trilogy. (Which they have pretty much indicated will happen). But I hope they're not afraid to actually create a storyline that faces the realities of living in a world of dinos, instead of trying to almost rehash the same one in JP1 and JW1. I'll give this movie a 5.9/10, definitely not my favorite Jurassic movie but I already plan on watching it again in a few days. 

Omar Vela

The critics are being too hard on this movie. It isn't worst than JP3 and JP2 (who were not only bad but also BORING and the 3rd one lacked on species a lot). Let's face it, the only good movie on this franchise is the first one and in a 80% is because how it changed the SFX for movies, it made history and kinda looks good even for today standards. 
I was expecting new dinos, FEATHERS, the old characters, good CGI and animatronics and that was they gave me so I was pretty happy. I agree that it could've been better, but for me it was pretty good. This one is the close of the "World" franchise and kinda the end of the original franchise too. Hope they do series about people in this new world were dinosaurs rule again.

tylertremallose
4 minutes ago, Omar Vela said:

The critics are being too hard on this movie. It isn't worst than JP3 and JP2 (who were not only bad but also BORING and the 3rd one lacked on species a lot). Let's face it, the only good movie on this franchise is the first one and in a 80% is because how it changed the SFX for movies, it made history and kinda looks good even for today standards. 
I was expecting new dinos, FEATHERS, the old characters, good CGI and animatronics and that was they gave me so I was pretty happy. I agree that it could've been better, but for me it was pretty good. This one is the close of the "World" franchise and kinda the end of the original franchise too. Hope they do series about people in this new world were dinosaurs rule again.

i would really like to see a movie version of camp cretaceous, so maybe thats the next direction

GipJo

It's sooooo bad, like not even Godzilla Vs Kong kind of bad, the whole film just is boring to watch, characters are nonexistent, dinos don't get attention they deserved, human aspects are so tragic I almost lmaoed during screening.

0/5 total waste of time.

Dojo

omg i loved it :bradley: i liked it waay more the JW2!

it felt like an action movie, never even got bored 

i pick this one instead of top gun, i prob should go to TG soon before they remove it.

Sandrology

As a hardcore fan of the Jurassic Park Original - I was kind of underwhelmed. The best parts include the original cast and just show how unoriginal and boring the characters of Claire and Owen were written in the first place. I appreciate the fact they included more new (feathered) dinosaurs, but the suspense these human/dinosaur encourtes could have been were totally missing in most parts. 

If you love the original, you should read the book! it's genius and just shows how much potential there could have been if they gone back to michael chrichtons stories.

phantasmas
Spoiler

i feel like nothing was really solved lmao..

like they saved the world from potential starvation i guess… 

but there are still vicious dinosaurs everywhere and people are just expected to live their lives alongside them :bear:

Archived