Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Neve Campbell Is Not Returning For Scream 6

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Reigning scream queen Neve Campbell isn’t returning to Woodsboro for “Scream 6.”

Campbell, who plays the perpetually targeted Sidney Prescott in the long-running slasher series, will not be reprising her role in the upcoming installment because she felt “the offer that was presented to me did not equate to the value I have brought to the franchise.”

“Sadly, I won’t be making the next ‘Scream ‘film,” Campbell said in a statement to Variety. “As a woman I have had to work extremely hard in my career to establish my value, especially when it comes to ‘Scream.’ I felt the offer that was presented to me did not equate to the value I have brought to the franchise. It’s been a very difficult decision to move on. To all my ‘Scream’ fans, I love you. You’ve always been so incredibly supportive to me. I’m forever grateful to you and to what this franchise has given me over the past 25 years.”

Paramount Pictures and Spyglass Media, the companies behind “Scream,” did not respond to Variety’s request for comment.

Though Campbell remained vague about the offer she rejected for “Scream 6,” she has previously spoken out about the struggle for fair compensation. In a conversation for Variety, Campbell and fellow scream queen Jamie Lee Curtis got candid about pay. Curtis, despite starring in the commercially successful “Halloween” series,” admitted she “didn’t really make much money off horror movies.”

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/neve-campbell-scream-6-exit-1235285913/

Scream is already parody of itself, and now Sydney won't be there too? What even is this franchise anymore?? :green:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Married the Night

I am good with this. She had a decent send off. Give her stuff to Kirby. I’m way more interested in that plus Gale. 

Dojo

this might be slightly off topic but i would love Dua in a slash movie like this! 

she would be both the hot one AND the smart final girl

OT. I didn't like the last one, i hope they deliver in the new one

TimotheeChalamet

I'm good with that and I also need the franchise to end

Meredith Grey

I actually think it’s okay for her character not to be here. Sydney has gone through a lot and it feels like her story is done with. I was actually worried that the OG cast would hold the story back in Scream 6. As much as I love the OG cast I’m happy they aren’t messing with Wes Craven’s characters too much and Jazmin, Mason and Jenna are actually really really good additions to this franchise. Plus with Hayden Panatierre coming back the movie, i have high hopes for it.

Anderson123

I love Sidney so much but.. one movie without her would be okay. It’d be nice if 6 leads right into 7. They’ve been playing it with the same formula for 5 movies, doing something different this time would not be that bad. Wes wanted 4 to end on a cliffhanger that’d lead into 5 so maybe we’ll see something like that next year. 

We have Tara, Sam, Mindy, Chad, Gale and now Kirby. That’s a lot of survivors to focus on for the next one, I’d rather see them used properly. 

POP2

Her role in Scream 5 felt forced. She has a family now. There’s no need for her to travel across the country to kill ghostface again. 

monstertoronto

The franchise is really all about Sidney. All of the ghostfaces have been motivated due to something or someone related to Sidney.  It saddens me to think there will be Scream movies without her because she’s the franchise. For the studio to let her walk away because of money is very disappointing to hear.  On the other hand, part of me is relieved that she’s not in danger anymore. (They better not dare kill her off offscreen). 

Anderson123
1 hour ago, monstertoronto said:

The franchise is really all about Sidney. All of the ghostfaces have been motivated due to something or someone related to Sidney.  It saddens me to think there will be Scream movies without her because she’s the franchise. For the studio to let her walk away because of money is very disappointing to hear.  On the other hand, part of me is relieved that she’s not in danger anymore. (They better not dare kill her off offscreen). 

I'm honestly both happy and sad but also a little suspicious. Scream 5 did SO well this year that it'd obvious they'd have the money to pay the star of the franchise the money she deserves, could be just a publicity stunt. But if it's not, I think they should learn to stand on their own without Sidney for once, just to try something new.

monstertoronto
6 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I'm honestly both happy and sad but also a little suspicious. Scream 5 did SO well this year that it'd obvious they'd have the money to pay the star of the franchise the money she deserves, could be just a publicity stunt. But if it's not, I think they should learn to stand on their own without Sidney for once, just to try something new.

Totally. They def have the money to pay her. For whatever reason, women are constantly undervalued in Hollywood. I do think it’s possible that Neve went public about the poor offer she received as a negotiation tactic, and she’s already said she’s not moving forward so they will have to call her bluff if they want her. Public reaction is likely to be angry about the studio being cheap so she might still appear in it. 
but it’s true. If they want this franchise to keep going it does need to learn to move on without her.  It is going to seem increasingly absurd to keep bringing her into wherever ghostface is. And also I don’t want them to kill her off ever. 

Married the Night

Her role was going to be a cameo and she wanted 5 million dollars. 

RAMROD
9 minutes ago, Married the Night said:

Her role was going to be a cameo and she wanted 5 million dollars. 

And she deserve it.

The Rock were paid $9 Million for his cameo for 2010's movie, The Other Guy starred by Will Ferrell & Mark Wahlberg, and the story not even revolves in his character. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Married the Night
8 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

And she deserve it.

The Rock were paid $9 Million for his cameo for 2010's movie, The Other Guy starred by Will Ferrell & Mark Wahlberg, and the story not even revolves in his character. 

Scream has a small budget but I don’t disagree!

Archived