Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga is our last generation's true artist with class

Featured Posts

Dojo

@dualipa sweetie, i'm so sorry they are so jealous and pressed by you, is part of being the female michael jackson babez, xx.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladle Ghoulash
15 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

She literally tacked on Ariana Grande and Blackpink of all people on her latest album what on earth are you talking about. Collabing or remixing a song does not determine how “classy” of a person you are none of what you said makes no sense this was just a weird reason to drag other great female artists who are equally as good as Gaga. Next.

I mean, the Ari collab is pretty organic so idk how it's "tacked on" 

Dojo
Just now, deactivated001 said:

I mean, the Ari collab is pretty organic so idk how it's "tacked on" 

you keep sadding all my comments and that's against the rules :samanthac:

ChrissyBot

I wouldn’t say it has anything to do with class or anything like that. I think that’s just called being generic and mediocre. And I’m glad Gaga doesn’t go down that route. Even though she got Ariana Grande and BLACKPINK on the same album that does not mean she wants a number 1. She happened to have had good chemistry with Ariana and  BLACKPINK and they all sounded good together on those said songs. But yeah I’m glad she isn’t really generic/mediocre. She always wanted to not be like everybody else and I’m happy she stood by that all these years.

Gov Hooka

Y’all need to listen to and discover more artists then.... cuz this is not true. Geez 

ChrissyBot
49 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

She literally tacked on Ariana Grande and Blackpink of all people on her latest album what on earth are you talking about. Collabing or remixing a song does not determine how “classy” of a person you are none of what you said makes no sense this was just a weird reason to drag other great female artists who are equally as good as Gaga. Next.

Ok calm down. She didn’t “tack” on them. Both the Ariana Grande and BLACKPINK collabs were completely organic. The chemistry just happened to be there and they respected each other artistry. Rain On Me became an Ariana collab through that fact that they both had trauma they deal with (Ariana’s trauma being the Manchester incident, and Gaga’s being her past of depression, drinking too much etc.) so they were both “in the rain” together (pun intended) so yes Rain On Me WAS an organic collaboration. Same with BLACKPINK. Gaga heard the Sour Candy demo and is jived with what she wanted to say with Chromatica and that is that. They weren’t dragging they were staying facts. Those artists DO hop on trends. I wouldn’t say Beyoncé or Shakira but yeah a lot of others do especially people like Ed Sheeran, Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, AND yes Arianti etc. No one is hating. These are facts. They ARE generic artists.

LadyEnigma
1 hour ago, Blackout19 said:

Her & Lana Del Rey

just about to say this, and i think it’s cool that they came up with eachother (minus the whole “stephanie you suck” thing)

Wet Fire

To anyone thinking Gaga tacked on Ari and Blackpink, she literally made two songs with Beyonce in 2009/2010 and Beyonce was having her monstrous Sasha Fierce era. Gaga usually collabs with people she admires and respects.

Nevertheless, remember all the Chromatica collabs are unusual in the discography in the featured artists. Ari said multiple times she wasn't confident enough to do a 'pop' pop song until ROM happened. Sour Candy is clearly an experiment in the kpop genre. And SFA was surprising as an Elton collab. So, Gaga clearly didn't tack on their sound for hits. They were genuine creative collabs. 

Ladle Ghoulash
40 minutes ago, dojo said:

you keep sadding all my comments and that's against the rules :samanthac:

What if I genuinely thought it was sad 

Regina George

So now giving actual ****s about your work and wanting it to be successful is tacky? :saladga: Let’s not. Gaga is a class act but it wouldn’t hurt her if she actually did some remixes and whatnot. It’s not tacky, it’s experimental and actually a good business idea if done right. 

Ziggy

Except chromatica is loaded with features for the sake of features ala Blackpink lmao

Who cares if someone wants to do a remix or a feature? Doesn’t make them less “classy”, just means they can have a little fun and/or business. 

I didn't say doing features and remixes is tacky, I said doing them to get to number 1 is tacky, and u know the difference. If a dumb song came out and got to number 1 and an artist jumps to it does a remix real quick to get number 1 it's obvious, u know when they do it for the charts and when they don't. When Bieber had this idea of collaborating with a latin artist, suddenly Demi, Marina, Drake, Ed Sheeran copied it bcs of the immense success Bieber had. That's what I mean

Ziggy
1 hour ago, Wet Fire said:

To anyone thinking Gaga tacked on Ari and Blackpink, she literally made two songs with Beyonce in 2009/2010 and Beyonce was having her monstrous Sasha Fierce era. Gaga usually collabs with people she admires and respects.

Nevertheless, remember all the Chromatica collabs are unusual in the discography in the featured artists. Ari said multiple times she wasn't confident enough to do a 'pop' pop song until ROM happened. Sour Candy is clearly an experiment in the kpop genre. And SFA was surprising as an Elton collab. So, Gaga clearly didn't tack on their sound for hits. They were genuine creative collabs. 

Girl…she didn’t even meet Blackpink and the song was already written. It was a strategic collab. That’s okay. How genuine a collab could that one of SFA have been if she didn’t even sit in the same room as them? Elton did SFA as a favor to her as she was doing a song originally for him, not a “genuine collab”; they’ve done that before and you can tell the difference tbh

The album features were, frankly, not that different than the Dawn of chromatica remixes and features. Again, that’s very very okay. They sound great.

RahrahWitch

Like it or not the music industry is a business and artists are a brand, If they're not selling music/products then their livelihoods and ability to create art is at risk. 

People as big and influential as Gaga can afford to not do this too much but most others aren't in that position. So I don't really think it's fair to say other artists don't have class because they hop on trends.

I don't like pushing 1000 remixes to get a song to number 1 but I understand why it happens.

Archived