💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

HMH #6 On Shazam Globally & USA

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy
37 minutes ago, deactivated001 said:

Old people definitely use Shazam a lot. My boomer parents and relatives use it all the time

A lil surprised ngl

So I guess those 50+ are shazaming it at the movie theatre :teehee:

AbhainnTirim
5 hours ago, Economy said:

Meh I don't think how many hear it for the first time is the only factor here 

While new songs tend to have a slight edge on Shazam over current popular ones the rankings don't perfectly follow what ud expect based on how new and unknown a song is

So obviously it also matters of ppl are liking it or not. If they don't like a song there's no reason for then to Shazam it :shrug:

I thought Shazam was more about discovering songs through that sound identification thing?

Economy
2 minutes ago, AbhainnTirim said:

I thought Shazam was more about discovering songs through that sound identification thing?

It is...

AbhainnTirim
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

It is...

Yes, so people use it to find the song, which many are doing as it's in one of the biggest films of the year, but aren't necessarily streaming the song on their commonly used platforms, such as Spotify?

Economy
4 minutes ago, AbhainnTirim said:

Yes, so people use it to find the song, which many are doing as it's in one of the biggest films of the year, but aren't necessarily streaming the song on their commonly used platforms, such as Spotify?

I would assume so

Regardless of the reason it's good. A high ranking on Shazam shows interest on the song. A song being new doesn't automatically chart well if people aren't interested in it

Meanwhile sometimes songs that not brand new and are current hits still chart high on Shazam as I guess when exposure is high you still get a lot of people who live under rocks and only discover new music once it's everywhere

That was my point on an earlier comment. The ranking on Shazam isn't just how new a song is. Many new ones fail to chart and some older ones hang on up there. Either way #6 is great

spector
7 hours ago, Admin said:

Top Gun’s demographic for the opening weekend was 45% over 45, 21% over 55. That’s not exactly the Spotify audience.

so it's... over? :poot:

stella + elliot = stelliot

StarstruckIllusion
8 hours ago, Economy said:

Makes sense. I guess that would explain a stronger performance on YouTube

But then why it doing so well on Shazam? It's not an old people app either :oprah:

They ask Siri what song is playing, and Siri uses Shazam, so that’s probably where the demands from ☠️

Economy
27 minutes ago, spector said:

so it's... over? :poot:

Actually 55% under 45 isn't Terrible tho. That's still a lot of younger adults especially when the total demand was so high

Considering this movie is a sequel to an 80s movie it's not that surprising a few more older adults than usual went to see it

But I think the percentage of younger people that saw it is because of EXTRA older people not because young people aren't going to see it too

itsdominik

Shazam:

#1 Italy (+1)

#2 Australia (=)

#2 Switzerland (=)

#4 New Zealand (+1)

#4 Singapore (=)

#4 Taiwan (=)

#5 Malaysia (-1)

#6 United States (=)

#7 Denmark (=)

#7 Indonesia (=)

#7 Worldwide (-1)

#9 Canada (=)

#11 Romania (-3)

#13 Croatia (=)

#13 Netherlands (-1)

#14 France (-1)

#15 Germany (+1)

#15 United Kingdom (-2)

#16 Thailand (-3)

#18 Argentina (-1)

#18 Austria (=)

#18 Brazil (+2)

#20 Belgium (-1)

#21 Saudi Arabia (+3)

#22 Sweden (-1)

#26 Japan (=)

#28 Czech Republic (-5)

#31 Portugal (-1)

#34 Hungary (-4)

#43 Spain (+2)

#53 Norway (-4)

#61 Poland (-1)

#63 Costa Rica (-1)

#65 Ireland (-7)

#71 Colombia (-4)

#72 Mexico (-9)

#74 India (-12)

#76 Finland (+8)

#76 Uruguay (-6)

#85 South Africa (-14)

#91 Israel (-2)

#98 Greece (+1)

#102 Chile (-10)

#134 Venezuela (-18)

#146 Bulgaria (-7)

#168 Ecuador (-12)

#186 Peru (-10)

monstertoronto

It’s #4 and #6 on Canadian iTunes right now.  Doesn’t that still count for more than streaming because people are actually paying money for it. Are older people still using iTunes more than streaming? 

Economy
7 hours ago, monstertoronto said:

It’s #4 and #6 on Canadian iTunes right now.  Doesn’t that still count for more than streaming because people are actually paying money for it. Are older people still using iTunes more than streaming? 

Yes and no

1 sale counts a lot more than 1 stream but so few people buy music now a days that despite a sale being worth a lot more, the total impact on the charts is still predominantly by streaming

monstertoronto
2 hours ago, Economy said:

Yes and no

1 sale counts a lot more than 1 stream but so few people buy music now a days that despite a sale being worth a lot more, the total impact on the charts is still predominantly by streaming

Thx. Well explained. 

Archived