KORG
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

Yeah 

It did well on iTunes

Doing decent on YouTube

Doing alright in daily radio updates

Doing great on Shazam

The f*ck is the matter with Spotify? :triggered:

Does Trevor still work there? (Is that his name?)

weed

omg Love Story by Indila going viral somewhere, love that. Wait A Minute! by Willow, extreme bop. 

Exciting af for HMH!!

Admin
27 minutes ago, Economy said:

The f*ck is the matter with Spotify? :triggered:

Top Gun’s demographic for the opening weekend was 45% over 45, 21% over 55. That’s not exactly the Spotify audience.

Economy
3 minutes ago, Admin said:

Top Gun’s demographic for the opening weekend was 45% over 45, 21% over 55. That’s not exactly the Spotify audience.

Makes sense. I guess that would explain a stronger performance on YouTube

But then why it doing so well on Shazam? It's not an old people app either :oprah:

ALGAYDO
5 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

But we need the audience to buy the album.gif

buy-20g6cij87d6e.gif

Admin
9 minutes ago, Economy said:

But then why it doing so well on Shazam? It's not an old people app either :oprah:

Good question, I don’t know, but my guess is that Shazam doesn’t necessarily represent how popular songs are, but rather how many people hear it for the first time. For example “One Kiss” by Dua & Calvin is #7 on Shazam right now because it was played during a soccer game, but it’s only #49 on Spotify (and not charting at all on Spotify US). While Bad Bunny’s “Ojitos Lindos” is #4 on Spotify but only #37 on Shazam — probably because it’s not being played on the radio that much but fans just stream it from his new album.

But I’m just guessing.

Alannah

I keep reading it as "Heavy Metal Hooker" and thinking 'oh wow the GP must love a good throwback'. 

:saladga::saladga::saladga:

Economy
45 minutes ago, Admin said:

Good question, I don’t know, but my guess is that Shazam doesn’t necessarily represent how popular songs are, but rather how many people hear it for the first time. For example “One Kiss” by Dua & Calvin is #7 on Shazam right now because it was played during a soccer game, but it’s only #49 on Spotify (and not charting at all on Spotify US). While Bad Bunny’s “Ojitos Lindos” is #4 on Spotify but only #37 on Shazam — probably because it’s not being played on the radio that much but fans just stream it from his new album.

But I’m just guessing.

Meh I don't think how many hear it for the first time is the only factor here 

While new songs tend to have a slight edge on Shazam over current popular ones the rankings don't perfectly follow what ud expect based on how new and unknown a song is

So obviously it also matters of ppl are liking it or not. If they don't like a song there's no reason for then to Shazam it :shrug:

dit

but the streams are insanely low...we need playlisting but her team won't do it.

I think it will start fizzling off even on shazam

Ladle Ghoulash
5 hours ago, Economy said:

Old people definitely use Shazam a lot. My boomer parents and relatives use it all the time

Archived