đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Top Gun: Maverick has earned $248M WW

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Meat
1 minute ago, Economy said:

I say the next week is make or break it for the song. If we don't start to see substantial improvements in the songs ascention rate soon it's pretty much a given it will fail to take off into anything more than a barely moderate hit

We are already seeing substantial improvements though. The song went from doing 400k views on YouTube to almost 900k within just a day. And it’s not even Friday yet.

I’m not saying it will be a Shallow but don’t forget that Shallow slowly crawled for months and months and only peaked after the Oscars. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EGOT2027
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

I say the next week is make or break it for the song. If we don't start to see substantial improvements in the songs ascention rate soon it's pretty much a given it will fail to take off into anything more than a barely moderate hit

Tho if we can take some comfort... One Republics song is doing even worse :billie:

i agree this next week is make or break it. 

the only thing that makes me feel better is going to billie’s streaming numbers and realizing no time to die wasn’t as big of a hit as i thought. but yeah i’m praying to lord gaga that the HMH numbers spike 

EGOT2027
5 minutes ago, Meat said:

We are already seeing substantial improvements though. The song went from doing 400k views on YouTube to almost 900k within just a day. And it’s not even Friday yet.

I’m not saying it will be a Shallow but don’t forget that Shallow slowly crawled for months and months and only peaked after the Oscars. 

what time do spotify numbers update?

Meat
12 minutes ago, JoanneStan420 said:

what time do spotify numbers update?

Tomorrow, I’m not sure about the time though. It’s usually afternoon in my country (India)

Economy
16 minutes ago, Meat said:

That's a good jump on YouTube actually and a good sign for sure. Guess we will see

I think a major difference between shallow and this song is #1 this one so far has no promo (shallow at least had radio deal for 1 day after movie release as well as it being added to major Spotify playlists)

#2 Shallow was a strong theme song for the movie that was played more than once during the movie. Hold my Hand is just an end credits song. It doesn't carry the same level of weight promo wise into people's minds

However if it's enough to give it a nudge into top 40 then the songs likability (most people seem to like it) may be enough for the song to propel itself after that

Cracking the top 30 to 40 is always the hard part

Meat
1 minute ago, Economy said:

That's a good jump on YouTube actually and a good sign for sure. Guess we will see

I think a major difference between shallow and this song is #1 this one so far has no promo (shallow at least had radio deal for 1 day after movie release as well as it being added to major Spotify playlists)

#2 Shallow was a strong theme song for the movie that was played more than once during the movie. Hold my Hand is just an end credits song. It doesn't carry the same level of weight promo wise into people's minds

However if it's enough to give it a nudge into top 40 then the songs likability (most people seem to like it) may be enough for the song to propel itself after that

Cracking the top 30 to 40 is always the hard part

It’s actually played in the emotional ending scene and then it continues into the credits. It’s not just an end-credits song. If you listen to the score, it’s entirely based on HMH’s melodies. 

But yeah let’s hope for the best. I will be happy if it can be an ARUTW sized hit. 

Reginald

Not Gaga serving an opportunity for Gay and Straight worlds to collide in a dark, h*rny theater :partysick: 

Hold My **** :air:

Economy
5 minutes ago, Meat said:

It’s actually played in the emotional ending scene and then it continues into the credits. It’s not just an end-credits song. If you listen to the score, it’s entirely based on HMH’s melodies. 

But yeah let’s hope for the best. I will be happy if it can be an ARUTW sized hit. 

Ok that's good. How long does it play in the actual movie?

I was gonna whatch this weekend but now I'm sick :(

memomemome
1 hour ago, LaLuna said:

But is the movie any good? 

Heck yeah. It's exhilarating with the awesome aerial scene and hits the right emotional note. 

Will watch again for sure

julz
1 hour ago, LaLuna said:

But is the movie any good? 

It is good! And it was made for cinema, seriously. I didnt watch the first movie...bec i was really just there to support another Gaga-involved work, BUT i was very satisfied with the sky action, the less complicated plot, and the acting(not Oscars worthy though) . As if i was with them in the cockpits. And those scenes in the end, WOW. Knowing that most of it is not in CGI, i got chills. Aviation fanatics will LOVE it! HMH movie version should be released.

Meat
52 minutes ago, Economy said:

Ok that's good. How long does it play in the actual movie?

I was gonna whatch this weekend but now I'm sick :(

It plays faintly on the radio in one of the earlier movie scenes, and then its melody is heard throughout the movie, but you hear it in its full glory at the last scene which is very emotional. I don’t remember how long did it play for though. They skipped the bridge as far as I remember.

Also get well soon! ❤️

Economy
2 minutes ago, Meat said:

It plays faintly on the radio in one of the earlier movie scenes, and then its melody is heard throughout the movie, but you hear it in its full glory at the last scene which is very emotional. I don’t remember how long did it play for though. They skipped the bridge as far as I remember.

Also get well soon! ❤️

Cool I guess that's not promo

LaLuna
1 hour ago, julz said:

It is good! And it was made for cinema, seriously. I didnt watch the first movie...bec i was really just there to support another Gaga-involved work, BUT i was very satisfied with the sky action, the less complicated plot, and the acting(not Oscars worthy though) . As if i was with them in the cockpits. And those scenes in the end, WOW. Knowing that most of it is not in CGI, i got chills. Aviation fanatics will LOVE it! HMH movie version should be released.

Cool! It's not really my kind of movie, I wasn't a fan of the first one (even though most people my age are obsessed with it), but I might give a try.

The spoof Hot Shots with Charlie Sheen is one of my favorite comedies ever though :vegas:

Nathan
2 hours ago, Meat said:

Literally all the gays are watching the movie only because of Gaga so let’s not undermine her contribution even if it’s obviously not as big as Tom’s (or the nostalgia factor of the original movie)

97877B30-4F8D-4F68-9F05-3087D6B7D103.png

Please don’t post pictures of me or I will report you x

• ThisGuyTony changed the title to Top Gun: Maverick has earned $248M WW

Archived