💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

The making of Top Gun: Maverick music

Gaby15

Featured Posts

Gaby15

“Each of them contributed significantly,” says Randy Spendlove, president of motion picture music at Paramount. “Harold came in and was here collaborating with Hans. And when we showed the movie to Gaga early on, she wrote this amazing song, and as that evolved, we asked her to contribute to the score.”

Lady Gaga had “written the love theme, which is the heartbeat of the movie. Harold’s theme is the incredible epic theme that’s always been associated with ‘Top Gun,’ and all the music in between — all those action sequences, dogfights and training sequences — was created by Hans and Harold. Lorne produced all that music from all those places.”

“Top Gun: Maverick” marks Lady Gaga’s first effort at film scoring. “Hans and Gaga worked very closely,” says Balfe. “There were quite a few writing sessions. They were working on it for a long time.”

Balfe considers the song the movie’s love theme in more ways than one. “We start using that theme when it’s to do with the love of two people, but also when it’s an emotional moment, embracing the sacrifices that these pilots go through,” he says. “The love of flight was always a subject we talked about. 

https://variety.com/2022/artisans/news/top-gun-maverick-music-lady-gaga-score-soundtrack-1235278544/

ChicaSkas

There is nothing she can't do :nick:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

JaysAMess
1 hour ago, Gaby15 said:

Hans and Gaga worked very closely

This is everything 

Gaby15
5 minutes ago, zerojk said:

Will we see Gaga getting 2 oscars next year? I hope so

the other competitors are not yet known, but both nominations seem quite likely

I am so happy that Gaga actually worked with Zimmer

ChicaSkas
17 minutes ago, JaysAMess said:

This is everything 

Have you ever heard the Lion King film soundtrack??? I'm gonna be emotionally wrecked when this soundtrack gets played if its anywhere near that one :giveup:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

sillynate

When did she make this movie score? :giveup:because there’s this period of time with Gaga that I’m absolutely obsessed with. It’s from 2017 into 2018 when she was making 3 albums at once (ASIB, L4S & Ch). I believe this movie was filming in 2018 so if she was doing this movie too, THATS 4 DIFFERENT MUSICAL PROJECTS SHE WORKING ON IN 2018 :bradley: ugh her mind 

Dadru

Just saw the movie & Hold My Hand was used so many times but in a subtle way. In the last scene the songs kicks, with Gaga finally singing, as a cinematic version. I had goosebumps :bradley:

Gaby15
10 hours ago, sillynate said:

When did she make this movie score? :giveup:because there’s this period of time with Gaga that I’m absolutely obsessed with. It’s from 2017 into 2018 when she was making 3 albums at once (ASIB, L4S & Ch). I believe this movie was filming in 2018 so if she was doing this movie too, THATS 4 DIFFERENT MUSICAL PROJECTS SHE WORKING ON IN 2018 :bradley: ugh her mind 

Based on what I have read so far, she wrote HMH in 2019 and worked with Zimmer on the score in 2020-2021. She tweeted herself that she worked on the project for several years.

Archived