MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

politics

Russia rejects Italy's peace plan

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

Although random I understand Italy trying to mediate, but this is giving Russia a lot and even so they don't want to have anything with it.

• LMAO 1
Lady   Gaga

Not surprised, our (I'm italian :iamfair:) Foreign Minister has always been embarassing and totally incompetent. 

JRCF29

I supported the Ukrainian-Russo peace negotiations in the early stages of the invasion because I thought that any diplomatic, negotiated solution that would a) preserve the territorial integrity of Ukraine and b) prevent economic, environmental, and infrastructural damage, and most importantly protect the lives of citizens, should be pursued. 

At this point, four months in, major concessions to Russia will embolden other hostile states (e.g., Iran, North Korea, China) because the West will have shown that it will give invaders their way if they stick around long enough. On the world stage, state actors are highly attuned to the modus operandi of each other and will surely pursue a strategy based on historical tendencies. 

For better or worse, power and force (including physical) are the language of authoritarian regimes such as those found in Russia, and it is power and force that they will respond to/be checked by.

Don't Call Me Gaga
  • Like 8
britneygaga99
40 minutes ago, Lady Gaga said:

Not surprised, our (I'm italian :iamfair:) Foreign Minister has always been embarassing and totally incompetent. 

It’s simply astonishing how he served as minister of labour, and foreign affairs (twice), despite being utterly unqualified for either position 

• Like 2
PartySick

Any peace talk that doesn't allow Ukraine to decide its own fate and retain its own territory is simply a surrender to :poot:in :shrug:

Love lives forever
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Not The Real Gaga
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JRCF29 said:

I supported the Ukrainian-Russo peace negotiations in the early stages of the invasion because I thought that any diplomatic, negotiated solution that would a) preserve the territorial integrity of Ukraine and b) prevent economic, environmental, and infrastructural damage, and most importantly protect the lives of citizens, should be pursued. 

At this point, four months in, major concessions to Russia will embolden other hostile states (e.g., Iran, North Korea, China) because the West will have shown that it will give invaders their way if they stick around long enough. On the world stage, state actors are highly attuned to the modus operandi of each other and will surely pursue a strategy based on historical tendencies. 

For better or worse, power and force (including physical) are the language of authoritarian regimes such as those found in Russia, and it is power and force that they will respond to/be checked by.

The language of power and force will mostly come at the cost of regular citizens (on both sides).

Ukraine won't be able to reclaim all of its lost terrority on its own, meaning that they would rely on other countries. If other countries join, there is a potentional risk of further escalation.

I support Italy's plan.

Edited by Not The Real Gaga
CannaeDrive

Delusional, Russia has no intention to negotiate anything, they only understand violence/force and they act accordingly since for ever.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas
  • Thanks 1