💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Harry Styles breaks the record for the biggest vinyl sales in 3 days

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

After only three days on sale, Harry Styles’ third solo album, Harry’s House, has broken the modern-era record for the largest sales week for a vinyl album in the U.S.

The vinyl edition of the album, released on May 20, has sold over 146,000 copies in the U.S. through May 22, according to initial reports to Luminate.
That beats the previous single-week sales record, set by the debut week of Taylor Swift’s Red (Taylor’s Version).

It’s assumed that the first-week vinyl sales of Harry’s House will grow in the coming days, as the tracking week ends on Thursday, May 26.

source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

high culture

I wonder how many of those were preorders vs week-of sales, also online and in store, etc. 

StrawberryBlond

Interesting patterns here. All the albums except Harry's are close-ups of the artist from the waist up and are women. I always thought that collecting vinyl was something that was more male-orientated and these albums are ones that have overwhelmingly appealed to women. Oh, well, hopefully it's a sign that female artists are being taken more seriously. I also notice that all their cover arts scream "vinyl." Maybe it does increase sales if it looks "classic?"

Archived