💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Harry Styles reveals he doesn't go full frontal in My Policeman

Teletubby

Featured Posts

BBhomemaker
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

That's precisely my point as why some of them don't want to be super open about it. Some also don't think they owe it to anyone to be an open book regarding any area of their private lives. Some are also still pondering what orientation they truly are. I'm not saying we shouldn't have labels, just that we shouldn't feel under pressure to use them. Being forced to be open about something you're not comfortable with is a recipe for disaster.

I don't think Harry is being disrespectful to any community by not saying that he's a member of it. We don't put pressure on anyone to state where their loyalties lie in any other aspect of life. I'm not saying he's straight, but it is common now more than ever for straight men to have long hair, wear make-up, wear more feminine clothes, etc. and it's regressive to act like having these factors means you can't be straight. We can't separate fashion choices into straight or gay, it's aboutt self-expression. Straight men are able to be sensitive, flamboyant, elegant, self-expression and sexual orientation aren't connected. Point is, we need to stop thinking that making certain choices can only have one conclusion. Humans are much more complex than that. There's loads of LGBT celebrities, it's not like Harry would be breaking the mould by coming out. And I've never seen any evidence that being overt about the mere existence of LGBT people alone increases understanding of them. One of the most famous and iconic gay singers of all time was Freddie Mercury and even being as successful as he was wasn't enough to make people less homophobic. Homophobes cannot change unless they want to. For a truly unrepentant homophobe, their favourite singer coming out would not cause them to think that maybe not all gay people are bad. They would probably abandon that singer and never listen to them again. Teaching about acceptance can bring about change but the mere act of coming out just informs people about who you find attractive, but that's pretty much it. That's what I mean when I say that whether someone comes out or not doesn't affect us personally. It's also not like Harry has a bunch of homophobe fans who would cause his career to fail if they stopped being fans. Everyone who's interested in his music will be aware very early that he portrays an image that isn't always common for a straight man, has somewhat of a feminine edge and is a bit camp. If they view that as unacceptable, they'll tap out quickly. Homophobes don't have time for anyone they perceive as gay, so it's hardly like Harry is still profiting off their money as homophobes would have written him off as gay long ago and refused to listen to him on principle.

I was speaking of what it means for some gay people and how some of us feels, im not talking about how homophobics could feels about Harry. I don’t like that you said our interest about it is for dating possibilities, it disregard why we are upset and make us raise a brow, our questions are not lustfull (or at least mine)
He seems very comfortable sexualizing himself and make us talk about it tho, he could be honest and say “I’m searching myself” “im a strong ally” or “i will speak about it when i will be ready”, thats all.
That’s where some of us have a problem, he is not uncomfortable at all, he does it on purpose, he plays with the secret, play on stage, his brand is non gender conformity, which is appealing and nothing new to the queer community. And thats where the queer community wonder.. is it truly him or just a marketing plan, cause it works, medias loves it, homophobic people are not even in the talk concerning support.
Once again we would love to live in a world where you could be whoever you want without fearing reject or violence but it’s not our world today, for us it means something to pick up the flag and wrap yourself with it
 so not saying anything seems 
like a let down, ignoring our feelings..we are left in pending

Also if some of us care about it its cause we don’t wanna be tricked or used its just about honesty to your audience. We could actually support him regardless of his sexuality

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
1 minute ago, BBhomemaker said:

I was speaking of what it means for gay people and how some of us feels, im not talking about how homophobic could feels about Harry. I don’t like that you said our interest about it is for dating possibilities, it disregard why we are upset and make us raise a brow, our questions are not lustfull (or at least mine)
He seems very comfortable sexualizing himself and make us talk about it tho, he could be honest and say “I’m searching myself” “im a strong ally” or “i will speak about it when i will be ready”, thats all.
That’s where some of us have a problem, he is not uncomfortable at all, he does it on purpose, he plays with the secret, play on stage, his brand is non gender conformity, which is appealing and nothing new to the queer community. And thats where the queer community wonder.. is it truly him or just a marketing plan, cause it works, medias loves it, homophobic people are not even in the talk concerning support.
Once again we would love to live in a world where you could be whoever you want without fearing reject or violence but it’s not our world today, for us it means something to pick up the flag and wrap yourself with it
 so not saying anything seems 
like a let down, ignoring our feelings..we are left in pending

Also if some of us care about it its cause we don’t wanna be tricked or used its just about honesty to your audience. We would actually support him regardless of his sexuality

I'm just trying to find reasons as to why the need is so pressing for him to make his sexuality clear. I've explained why I think merely coming out and increased LGBT visibility doesn't change perceptions so I don't really know what else the goal could possibly be other than wanting to know if his fans can know for sure if they stand a chance with him or not? If that's not your intentions, fine, but I'm at a loss as to what other reason or benefit there is to him coming out?

I think he's given some versions of "I'm experimenting and I wouldn't rule certain stuff out" recently. That doesn't necessarily mean he's uncomfortable with it, just that your view of discomfort differs from his. For some people, inwardly knowing is enough. You can be comfortable in your sexuality but be uncomfortable with broadcasting it. Surely there's plenty of other LGBT celebrities you can relate to and feel inspired by? There's no reason to pin all your hopes on one person. I also don't think an artist can trick or use you through their artistic expression. Being tricked or used in reality would involve getting close to someone of the same sex and when you think you've fallen for them, they say they don't feel the same way and they just wanted to experiment. That's bad and unacceptable. But artistry is whatever you interpret it to be. It's not Harry's fault if people want to read potential queerness into every artistic output of his and view it as a betrayal if he doesn't officially confirm this.

Aussie

Anyway back to the topic of this thread, couldn’t care less if Harry goes full frontal 😂

BBhomemaker
3 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm just trying to find reasons as to why the need is so pressing for him to make his sexuality clear. I've explained why I think merely coming out and increased LGBT visibility doesn't change perceptions so I don't really know what else the goal could possibly be other than wanting to know if his fans can know for sure if they stand a chance with him or not? If that's not your intentions, fine, but I'm at a loss as to what other reason or benefit there is to him coming out?

I think he's given some versions of "I'm experimenting and I wouldn't rule certain stuff out" recently. That doesn't necessarily mean he's uncomfortable with it, just that your view of discomfort differs from his. For some people, inwardly knowing is enough. You can be comfortable in your sexuality but be uncomfortable with broadcasting it. Surely there's plenty of other LGBT celebrities you can relate to and feel inspired by? There's no reason to pin all your hopes on one person. I also don't think an artist can trick or use you through their artistic expression. Being tricked or used in reality would involve getting close to someone of the same sex and when you think you've fallen for them, they say they don't feel the same way and they just wanted to experiment. That's bad and unacceptable. But artistry is whatever you interpret it to be. It's not Harry's fault if people want to read potential queerness into every artistic output of his and view it as a betrayal if he doesn't officially confirm this.

Once again you have to stop portraying us as only here to know if we can **** him or not. The benefits of him speaking about it would be : 

- Trust and honesty, not being just seen as dollars, or a trend. And also working on something along the bold perfect world, cause we would need some help regardless of your sexuality. Nobody is talking about getting in a romantic relationship with him. 

but you are right after all, if he wanna stay quiet, let it be. Its his choice

Archived