💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Thoughts on the original Top Gun?

rawrimamonster

Featured Posts

rawrimamonster

I'm seeing a lot of critics say Maverick is better than the original. I still haven't watched it but plan to soon. The "Take My Breath Away" song is a bop at least. 

Wanted to know the opinions of anyone who has seen it- is it any good? 

here's where you can stream Top Gun btw: https://shallistreamit.com/2022/05/16/where-to-stream-top-gun/

PatrickMonster

Honestly? I watched it recently and I was sooooo bored pretty much the whole time. The visuals were amazing back then I'm sure, but looking at it now it was like... whatever. The story can be summarized in like 3 sentences, pretty much nothing happens through the whole thing. Still it wasn't terrible, it's just wasn't very interesting.

rawrimamonster

Hmm maybe I'll watch it in the background while I do other stuff then. Might be that kind of movie.

River

The top of the gun very nice movie 3/10

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

The Fame Monster

It took my breath away. 

Find your freedom in the music

Gaby15

I think Top Gun is still a good movie in its category. If you like

1. romantical action movies (drama, but with a happy end)

2. soldiers / pilots / planes

3. handsome men

then this is your movie. If not, it can be very boring.

RAMROD

It's kinda boring if you're not into airplanes like that. Most exciting things happened in the movie were those scenes with aerial stunts, the songs, & the homoerotic undertones. Other than that it was rather a snooze fest. And very 80s. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

dollardays
11 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

It's kinda boring if you're not into airplanes like that. Most exciting things happened in the movie were those scenes with aerial stunts, the songs, & the homoerotic undertones. Other than that it was rather a snooze fest. And very 80s. 

What do you mean :enigma:

RAMROD
Just now, dollardays said:

What do you mean :enigma:

There's locker room scenes :pole:

Also, the script writer never debunk the fans who think Maverick and Goose are in closet couple :ohwell:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

beli8

I haven't seen it in over 20 years so I really don't remember details. But I don't think I was crazy about it back then, otherwise I would have watched it again all these years. I do plan to re-watch it soon, before I watch the new one (we have a pre-paid subscription to the movie theater and can watch as many movies as we want there, otherwise I wouldn't really plan to go see it lol).

androiduser

I remember seeing it in the mid 90's on VHS and I was really impressed by the movie at that time. It's a cult classic and it was incredibly successful at that time.

Rj Barker

It's a good film. Noticeably dated though. The homoerotic undertones really did it for me when I was a young gay. I would watch parts of it on loop. You do need to watch it really if you're intending to watch maverick.

rawrimamonster
5 hours ago, Rj Barker said:

It's a good film. Noticeably dated though. The homoerotic undertones really did it for me when I was a young gay. I would watch parts of it on loop. You do need to watch it really if you're intending to watch maverick.

5 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Honestly you’re selling it to me with the homoerotic undertones alone. 👀

Archived